• sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And this is an opportunity.

Make a news post about it.

Toreth kidnapped by Tholians/Tal Shiar.
    Rescue team sent out to get her back.
    BLAH BLAH epic struggle
    Success

--> Mission material. (even if only for the Foundry)

But it?s these things that can get some extra life into this game. Just like with executing the old transporter officer in the shipyard.

Please see to it that you guys use it Branflakes ;)
  • mallowonimallowoni Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013

BLAH BLAH epic struggle
    Success

But it?s these things that can get some extra life into this game. Just like with executing the old transporter officer in the shipyard.

While this does sound kind of silly, it's also brilliant. It would really help the STO world feel more alive. Unexpected stuff happens in real life, so why not in an MMO too? Not everything has to be a planned event.

Kudos to you for seeing the positive in the situation, sechserpackung.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Aww. I just got a character to level 50 and I was hoping to get started on rep stuff for her. I guess the TD daily will do for now, but I usually rely on Epohhs once I get that process rolling.

I hope you guys can rescue her from the Tholians by next Thursday.
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2013

BLAH BLAH epic struggle
    Success

Agreed with this post. Perhaps have the crews of the Enterprise-F and the Bortas'qu must work together in order rescue Toreth. Post the story on the site, so those of us who have missed the previous Star Trek Magazine stories on the Enterprise-F crew can actually get to know them!

Alternatively: Do we have our next literary challenge?
  • darkvorphdarkvorph Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Guys, put her back. Why make us wait?
  • noneusesthisonenoneusesthisone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Take your sweet time fixing the missing NPC on new romulus. Perhaps now we can get players to actually queue up for romulan mark events.

Can't stand tagging epohhs. It's boring and hard to find a team, especially for KDF characters. I'd rather shoot stuff. But since the mission only takes a couple minutes and after a few days you can get a few hundred marks, it's probably the reason why hardly anybody queues up for mine trap, azure nebula rescue, or anything else that awards romulan marks. :mad:

OR
    Romulan missions pay our crappy marks.

Besides I have had less wait times on the nebula/mine trap events than I have had some of omega or CE queues. Maybe you should take 5 minutes and do the epohh missions. Every time I go into the zone there is no shortage of KDF OR fleet people asking for groups.

Don't begrudge people wanting to not spend tons of time for miniscule rewards. If romulan stf returned anywhere near omega level rewards I wouldn't complain, but they don't approach them. I often don't have enough time to keep up with my omega either so definitely wouldn't be able to put in the time to do romulan as well.
  • noneusesthisonenoneusesthisone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Aww. I just got a character to level 50 and I was hoping to get started on rep stuff for her. I guess the TD daily will do for now, but I usually rely on Epohhs once I get that process rolling.

I hope you guys can rescue her from the Tholians by next Thursday.

I wish I could do TD, I am not kidding when I say 9/10 times I enter an RA within seconds of seeing it appear I enter to empty space. Sure wish they would FIX RA, they have only been broken for years now. TD being the worst I have seen though.
  • slachanceslachance Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    She is still missing.....
  • kanumerakanumera Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    She was kidnapped by the Hirogens, they want to hunt the Eppohs because this is a real challenge ^^ but they want to know all of the secrets of the predators ...
  • tanqqueestadortanqqueestador Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    IS this a fluke due to last weeks patch or is epohh tagging over with?

I have 2 research marks and 34 Active epohh tags

Do I ditch them or keep them?
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think the Devs don't realise how big a part of the game Toreth is.

The Epohh tagging area around her is prectically one of the key social hubs of the game. Besides ESD, the First City and the Defera invasion zone, it's one of few areas where people meet each other and team up for a common goal.

I'm amazed they didn't bring the server down for maintenance and get Toreth back in the game during the early hours of Friday. The only explanation might be that this is deliberate and they want to study stats on what happens to Romulan marks when she's absent.

Either that, or someone found a way to exploit Toreth for masses of marks due to a new bug, and they didn't want the practice becoming common.
    edited October 2013
    IS this a fluke due to last weeks patch or is epohh tagging over with?

I have 2 research marks and 34 Active epohh tags

Do I ditch them or keep them?

Keep them. They're patching her back in.
    edited October 2013
    casbyness wrote: »
    I think the Devs don't realise how big a part of the game Toreth is.

The Epohh tagging area around her is prectically one of the key social hubs of the game. Besides ESD, the First City and the Defera invasion zone, it's one of few areas where people meet each other and team up for a common goal.

I'm amazed they didn't bring the server down for maintenance and get Toreth back in the game during the early hours of Friday. The only explanation might be that this is deliberate and they want to study stats on what happens to Romulan marks when she's absent.

Either that, or someone found a way to exploit Toreth for masses of marks due to a new bug, and they didn't want the practice becoming common.

How did you come to the conclusion that those are the ONLY explanations? Branflakes' response on page 2 says it was accidental so it can't be your second theory, and as for why they didn't tackle it Friday you can also infer from his post that they didn't know what caused it so they probably didn't have time to fix it. Now if they don't bring her back before the next regularly scheduled server maintenance AND don't provide any compensation then it's just a case of, to quote a friend, "because Cryptic," i.e. they're terrible devs.
  • amponeampone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They ca also make her back in a risian outfit and alter her dialoge to tell us tha she take a vacation for exaustion/overwork.

Would be a cool way to cope for here absence.
    Angelo, proudly a CSI member.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited October 2013
    Yep, she gone. We need her back ASAP, need to get our Romulan marks..

and matthews, lukes, and johns.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    and matthews, lukes, and johns.

/golfclap

Thank you for not resorting to prehistoric lizards.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OR
    Romulan missions pay our crappy marks.

Besides I have had less wait times on the nebula/mine trap events than I have had some of omega or CE queues. Maybe you should take 5 minutes and do the epohh missions. Every time I go into the zone there is no shortage of KDF OR fleet people asking for groups.

Don't begrudge people wanting to not spend tons of time for miniscule rewards. If romulan stf returned anywhere near omega level rewards I wouldn't complain, but they don't approach them. I often don't have enough time to keep up with my omega either so definitely wouldn't be able to put in the time to do romulan as well.

Yeah, grinding out Rom marks on things like ANR, VSE and AA is terrible. I'll only consider ANR if I'm desperate for some quick marks, but I honestly have more fun collecting rad reports. And I haven't met a single ground mission in the game that wasn't twice as long as it should be considering the rewards involved. My main toon has over 7000 O marks, and I have yet to buy a single piece of rep ground equipment.

Not sure why there aren't any STF-quality, high-reward missions for R marks, but until there are, Epohh tagging is essential. It kind of sucks getting non-Rom toons to New Romulus, even with fleet transportation, but it's better than doing dull/frustrating missions for poor rewards.

There are never more than 10 people doing Vault Shuttle during the event at any given time, which seems to suggest that practically no one thinks it's worth their time. I'd take shuttle missions more seriously if the rewards were better or pugs weren't so likely to fail them. Unfortunately, it's far more pleasant to skip every bit of content in favor of tagging.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So is there going to be any compensation?

Getting a few bonus marks for each Epohh we turn in for a week or something like that?
    edited October 2013
    Monday and still no answer. I'm guessing that means she'll be patched back in later this week and we'll get bupkes.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We should get a claim in the epohh store for 400 romulan marks.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bad Devs. they should know better than this by now. They should know to througly test their patches by now as somert always goes wrong. Even if its small. Hehehehehehehe. Every patch they do somert unexpected always goes wrong. Hehehehehehehehe.
    The Damned AVENGER(Which I Want badly) patch has now taken away from us Toreth.

"The Federation Crew of the proto-type Vessel U.S.S. Avenger have gone Renagade & kidnapped Toreth from her post on New Romulus.
    Quick after them in the Enterprise-F Oddyssey Class.
    Damn the Avengers fast & agile I couldn't keep up with her & lost the Avenger after she caused multiple hull fractures & Breaches & disabled my Vessel. Damn that ship is fast & powerful little Bugger.
    Keep ur eyes out for that renagade Starfleet crew & their proto-type Avenger so we can rescue Toreth & get her back to post in the Eppoh fields on New Romulus."

On a more serious note. I agree. The Rewards for queing for Romulan marks in PvE ques is ridiculous. I mean each event gives nothing better than maybe 30 marks if ur lucky. Thats like worse than getting OMEGA marks. I aint done a Normal STF in ages so can't remember what they drop. but certian its somert similar to the Romulan Marks drops in PvE's. But could be wrong. As said aint done a normal STF in ages. I stick with elite now.
    But Elites drop on average 60-110 marks outside of the Reputation event. So from that alone the PvE events for Romulan marks gives very meger rewards & is the reason most don't que for them & instead do the Eppoh tagging mission.
    I've been off for a few days. Had to keep up on Crystalline event so I get my Dilith on all my toons. Once I done the hour & half going thru 11 characters on this. I've had to shoot off cause of real life till the next day. Finally get a chance to do Eppoh tagging again & what do I find. That Toreth is gone. So I can't do it.
  • kanumerakanumera Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Amen reverend !
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    She is a snowman on instance #1

yes I believe the government shut down is to blame now the whole game is going to fall apart
    edited October 2013
    Tomorrow's patch notes are out and while Toreth is coming back, there is NO mention of any compensation. Come on, Cryptic, nothing?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=884371
This discussion has been closed.