Comments

• tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lomax6996 wrote: »

Up yer shaft! :rolleyes:
    Your's first.
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That is entirely unrealistic. Fantasy even.

Not only has Starfleet moved on from the Galbatross to the Sovereign, Starfleet has also moved on from the Sovereign to the Odyssey. If you're flying a hand-me-down Galbatross then you need to realize that Starfleet wants you to retire as much as they want to decommission your ship.

Perhaps you would enjoy life in a nice little senior citizens' community on Risa?

You're comment is both rude and condescending. Lots of people enjoy flying the older designs. Just because you hate it, doesn't mean everyone else should too. And besides, the Galaxy Retrofit is a Tier 5 ship, just like every other endgame ship. It should remain competitive, and preferrably close to canon in terms of stats/balance.

I really don't "get" some people. In another thread, people seemed perfectly fine flying around NX-Class "replicas", D'Kyrs or Kumari's despite being based on designs from 250 years ago (from the STO timeline perspective). Yet, here we have your comment, which clearly suggest that it's not okay to update designs from a mere 40 years ago?
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Definately 3 way PvP, together with the roms as a factions (as already mentioned here somewhere)

More Quest like events, that are longer and you have to really do some stuff. and that is as tensing as a 20 man fleet defense only alone or in a 5 man team. but story based.
    dungeon like to say from other games. countless enemies that come at you but you dont lose when you die. with a boss fight at the end, in different systems space and ground together. not time related, maybe even 2 hour playtime long

a better ship damage model. and even when on 100% when you have a crit damage from an elite mission it stays visible on the outside, until you repair it. maybe even lose nacelles. which are not repairable until back at esd. that you get some real stress in elite missions. and affect your ship more than the normal damages.
    eg: lose one half speed, lose both, only thruster and 25% impulse. eah it will be harder then. but hell a lot more competing

the real ability to ram, specially in pvp. not just as a special power when im near dead. i want to ram something with a big ship. as i know the little one wouldnt stand.

special-stfs i can do with my BOFFs as a team alone. i have them and i want to use them. or atleast let me do adventure zones with the boff team. (the full one) make it harder aye. but let me use my crew

more customisation option for the ships interior and exterior. for all races. and specially lock box or zen ships. no matter how old. eg. atrox why just blue....or my tal shiar only has a bridge but i cant have a room to show accolades?
    the shields change the look of it thats true but why not add a bit of a flair to the game that you give more options as hullplating. or that the armour you equip in the engi consoles actually does something visible.

non combat mission, and fixed first contact stuff. (first contact missions now fixed on tribble)
    maybe even a race in an atmosphere like environment.... like the shuttle mission mixed with the risa daily event. with your ship.

more options to chose from at rep5 (at least make it 2, one space one ground)

more adventure zones. space and ground. (maybe a bit similar to the quest one) but not as story related.
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    as i cant edit my post above anymore,.

a token to change the race of your captain afterwards, eg. making a borg , when it wasnt.
    i always wanted my main toon to be one but got lifer after i started playing
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Opening 7 of 9's 'Borg implant' parts (Eye Accessory and Hand) up to both genders?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All I really want from the game in 2014 is more Mission Content: leveling, end-game, Dailies, etc. Of course that's the same thing I say every year. Maybe this upcoming year will be the one. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited October 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    All I really want from the game in 2014 is more Mission Content: leveling, end-game, Dailies, etc. Of course that's the same thing I say every year. Maybe this upcoming year will be the one. :)

If they really want to be 'lazy', they could always get around to dropping the less popular Cryptic missions and replacing them with the more popular Foundry missions like they've been threatening to do for a couple years.

If nothing else, they could make it where completing the Arucanis Arm Colonziation assignment chain and getting Helna as a DOff unlocks "To Helna and Back", "Animations with Helna", etc. as missions. (Personally, I also like the Foundry missions featuring Amanda Barclay... can't remember their names or the author though...)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Increase the cooldowns on, and the odds of triggering, SIGNIFICANTLY, the rifts and the ... whatever that purplish thing is with the hole in the middle that drags you in...

I get so tired of going against ships that fire of multiples of those things over and over and over again...

Those aren't like firing a torpedo, those are subspace events that should be taking massive amounts of power to do... they are currently being set off as if it is just another weapon launcher.

They should be HARD to trigger... it is just way too much the way they are right now.

-- Smoov

edit: and when I say significantly, I mean, 10-minute cooldown upon success, and a 0.1% chance to trigger.
  • som3one1som3one1 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Myself i would kill for some form of biological (science) ship.

Other than that i want to especially see bug fixes and a balance pass, along with more story missions of course.
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
    edited October 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    2) Enable Customization of Unique Bridge Officer Rewards:
    * Cold War Breen
    * Cloaked Intentions Reman
    * The 2800 Jem Hadar
    * Embassy Purchased Romulans
    * KDF Marauding Bridge Officer Rewards (currently not customizable; FED options are)
    * Any others that I haven't included here...

All of the above are suppose to be unique, yet all currently look exactly the same. Perhaps some limited customization if not full? In addition, the Reman & Romulan models (as of LoR) are already in game as customizable. At the very least, their clothing options should allow for the respective allegiance uniforms. Face/Body morphs should be open. If I could modify the Embassy Romulan, I'd buy one.

Thinking about it, if nothing else, they could at least allow us to put combadges/wrist communicators on them. I mean, Garak wasn't Starfleet or Bajoran Militia, but during the Dominion War he wore a Starfleet combadge, so it's not a stretch that a Jem'hadar or Breen who has joined up with a ship and crew would have some kind of device to communicate with the ship.

Especially in the case of the FE Reman and a Republic Romulan or Reman, it would make sense...
  • nador67nador67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What I WANT

A decision on what they plan to do with the Cardassians.

1. The easiest way is just tell the fans that Cardassians won't be in the game.

2. Though not the easiest, still easy way is to say they are members of one of the existing factions; All they have to do then is make the traits which fit a Cardassian (Then that faction could receive a Hydeki Fighter, Galor Cruiser (refit), Keldon class, and Keldon class refit. All via the C-Store)

3. That the Cardassians WILL become a playable mini-faction. Heck just go ahead and add them in and have the first ever playable faction purchased via the C-Store. At this point Cardassian fans would be satisfied with just getting PvP and Enemy contact encounters (of course storyline built in the future) like the KDF had at launch. Cardassian fans could qualify for all Foundry missions (as it stands now you can only play missions from within you own faction).

As you can tell that only option 2 would require making something (traits) in 2014. They already have the shell of the species. Still Cardassian fans are getting tired of making our Cardassians out of generic Alien customization and the traits available don't reflect.
    edited October 2013
    nador67 wrote: »
    Still Cardassian fans are getting tired of making our Cardassians out of generic Alien customization and the traits available don't reflect.
    Dude, they just made their first Micro-Faction this year after over 3 years. There's no indication if they will even do another Expansion Pack or Micro-Faction. And even if they were doing another Micro-Faction it would be a year, or more, before all the adventures, ships, etc were ready for them to announce. The go-ahead for LoR was given shortly after PWE purchased Cryptic and it still took them nearly 1.5 years to get it to us.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • kriskniveskrisknives Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They should just have the Cardassians enter into an alliance with the Klingons like in the mirror universe. That would have the bonus effect of beefing up the KDF.
  • nador67nador67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Dude, they just made their first Micro-Faction this year after over 3 years. There's no indication if they will even do another Expansion Pack or Micro-Faction. And even if they were doing another Micro-Faction it would be a year, or more, before all the adventures, ships, etc were ready for them to announce. The go-ahead for LoR was given shortly after PWE purchased Cryptic and it still took them nearly 1.5 years to get it to us.

As I said, all that we want is a DECISION and tell the fans what the plan is.

If they are just going to make a playable species than that CAN be done in 2014.

We understand that another mini-faction won't come out until probably 2016, but the company has not addressed their intentions since pre-launch. That is a long time to wait for someone to actually say YES or NO or whatever.

As for the ships I disagree to a point; The Keldon Class is just a Galor refit (and Galors have been in the game for some time already). The only starter ship they'd have to build would be a Hydeki Class (IF they go with the membership within the faction path).
    edited October 2013
    nador67 wrote: »
    As I said, all that we want is a DECISION and tell the fans what the plan is.
    But you do understand that they wouldn't tell us? They knew about Roms and never told us for over a year. They're not going to tell you about Cadassians until well into their plans being set and nearly completed. Part of that reason is for the surprise factor and part of it is to keep speculation down - as people dream above the clouds whereas the game needs to be fairly grounded. :)
  • redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    That is entirely unrealistic. Fantasy even.

Not only has Starfleet moved on from the Galbatross to the Sovereign, Starfleet has also moved on from the Sovereign to the Odyssey. If you're flying a hand-me-down Galbatross then you need to realize that Starfleet wants you to retire as much as they want to decommission your ship.

Perhaps you would enjoy life in a nice little senior citizens' community on Risa?
    The galaxy is decades ahead of its time, if you made a VA Venture refit, you'll get the galaxy look, with 25th century tech, not bad at all. The galaxy wouldn't have looked so bad if Picard hadn't been such an idealist pssy. The firepower of a venture would be overwhelming.
  • redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    Not corrected you actually made no point what soever and showed that if anyone talks about the sainted galaxy being obscolete you fly into a nerd rage.
    Your logic in fact is flawed sir, when they have century old ships owning the PvP field, 40 year old galaxy, or even a Vice Admiral level Venture of the galaxy should be just as good. And honestly, I'd like a buff of all the VA galaxy variants, but if you know how to build one you have a DPS/Tank with moar tank that can take on pretty much any challenge PvE can throw at it, and some PvP. It's all in the build.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gylvan wrote: »
    I don't know how about the mechanics, but id love to see something to get fleets fighting against one another over something.

i could only see this working for SF vs KDf fleets as starfleet wouldn't fight each other.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Frickkin' Dinosaurs with Lazerbeams on their heads...

But that'll never happen.

Oh wait...

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What I want:

Decent, non-spiked boots for KDF females in character creation. But I've been asking for that since the game launched, so I'm probably out of luck there.

Also, a fix for female lower legs when wearing tight pants would be nice. They just look weirdly thin.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    -- Fix the department heads bug. I don't want my Trill to keep becoming my CMO; I have a Vulcan pathologist for that. Ditto my alien ex-MP who's supposed to be security officer, rather than my Andorian tactical officer and XO. That goes double for pointy-ear players who don't like Tovan.

-- Following from the above, make Tovan dismissable or give Romulans an extra boff slot so they can avoid using him if they want to. And if anybody at Cryptic or PWE wants to give Feds or Klinks mandatory boffs, waterboard them until they change their minds. DO NOT WANT.

-- Give the Foundry mission selection screen support for search tags and a "Next Page" button.

-- Give the Foundry full 3D item placement so we aren't wrestling with a blown-up version of the minimap and having to do trial-and-error to get stuff in the right place vertically.

-- Increase the lineup of science- and engineering-focused ships for KDF and Romulans.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The difference between excelsior and galaxy are obvious

Excelsior was constructed using a modular design

Galaxy was not

The excelsior can be refitted and modified to handle new equip new tech and what not

Galaxy is hindered by its own design the venture is only an upgrade to the galaxy chasis using some different material but underneath its still the galaxy as all the other skins.

excelsior can be modified in such a way as it is a completley different ship galaxy cannot do that by its own design.

so yes at the current point in the timline of the game galaxy is an outdated design nearing the end of its lifespan

Sorry to burst your bubble bust the Galaxy was indeed designed to be modular. If you want to get all TREK GEEK on the matter, the galaxy is made of many small modules. According to the Enterprise D technical manual, ANY PART of the ship can be removed and replaced with a different module. A particular mission needing more Science sections can be accomidated by removing some crew quarter modules, and putting in some Science modules.

A troop transport mission can be accomplish by removeing classroom and science modules and installing crew quarter modules. You are quite wrong in assuming the galaxy class is obsolete because its NOT modular,, but the Excelsior is.... The galaxy was deisgned to have a many century lifespan.. i beleive in the technical manual a new ship is not scheduled for a MAJOR overhaul until 50 years out spacedock. So the Galaxy class could EASILY be in full use for 150 years... assuming technology doesnt advance to the point where its more cost affective to just build a new Hull. However as a famous captain once said " the economics of the future are somewhat different":D
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    It was stated during TNG by picard that the enterprise was the most powerful ship Starfleet had. How is it that the retrofit exelsior is powerful than it in STO?
    So please don't try to explain STO ship stats with logic because it doesn't apply.

Easy, In response to the coming Dominion War both ship classes were upgraded. The Excelsior got a fire power boost and the Galaxy got tanking ability seeing as it doesn't explode as much any more :D
    i could only see this working for SF vs KDf fleets as starfleet wouldn't fight each other.

Just call it wargames on the fed side, there problem solved.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    -- Fix the department heads bug. I don't want my Trill to keep becoming my CMO; I have a Vulcan pathologist for that. Ditto my alien ex-MP who's supposed to be security officer, rather than my Andorian tactical officer and XO. That goes double for pointy-ear players who don't like Tovan.

And now that I've traded up to a purple Andorian tac officer (same name, face, and backstory, but purple instead of green), the problem is reversed. Now my security officer wants the XO/TO job.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Seeing as the Voth will have Dinosaurs in their arsenal. I would like to see some Elephants and Rhinos for the Federation, with some other creates (of equivalent standard) for the Klingon and Romulan forces. :)

Whilst we're at it (dinosaurs with lasers), how about a Dragon?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • sack26sack26 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Since we seem to be stuck with the vorn, the least they could do is acquire the rights to the Jurassic park theme and put that in in place of the intro.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sack26 wrote: »
    Since we seem to be stuck with the vorn, the least they could do is acquire the rights to the Jurassic park theme and put that in in place of the intro.

i dont think cryptic or PWE has the money to do that lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    New end game C-Store Klingon ships.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pfft. I ain't fightin for no mashed potatoes.

Bacon on the other hand ...

Split the difference, Mash Patatoes with bacon bits mixed in.

I'd add to the OPs post making the up coming Voth BO customizable, along with the Trill, Romulan, Breen etc...
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Don't you think STO could have a few new shuttles/fighters, like one from each race?