What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cure Found Elite is BROKEN - leaver penalty! *Resolved!*

Comments

• Options
    slachanceslachance Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you do The cure found (Space) and you fail the mission, I am not talking about the optional mission I mean the actual mission (IE kang got destroyed) you cannot leave until everything is dead.... DESPITE your tactical officer telling you to leave..... if you do you get a 1 hour ban.... this is senseless.... why invest time/resources into something that is already failed..... this needs to be fixed A.S.A.P..... I have already served 3 X 1 hour bans because of this BUG and now serving my 4th.....
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I have tried warping to sector.... I have tried exiting the game and I have tried flying all the way to the edge of the map where the pop up says "nothing on sensors do you want to warp" All get you a 1 hour ban.....:mad:
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Even if you destroy ALL enemies in the map, you'll still get the ban.

Not only that, but now, you're much more likely to enter an instance of The Cure Found that is already failed, like the "Red Alerts" in space sector.

So, basically, you can be banned from ALL PVE Queues 1 hour, if you've joined a FAILED instance for 2 seconds. Accolade unlocked: Sucker. "You got trolled by the game".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    williswjwilliswj Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That happened to me yesterday. I joined a failed cure space stf and when I left, I got banned from joining any queues for an hour.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    I was playing earlier today when I joined a Cure Found Elite Space and the mission has already failed

The team is investigating reports of players warping into this mission when it's already in a "failed" state.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Remember the Cubes do throw out heavy torpedoes, they are easy to forget when you are taking care of nodes and Neghvars.

Me and fleetmates completed a Cure Elite run with a group of 5 Galaxies and we had a lot of time left. Contrary to what people say, you do not need super DPS. Just experience. Once you play through a few times you will realize that you do not even need a Kang healer or guard. Stay attentive and be careful when blowing Cubes.

Its not the big ships, i got hit by a raptor for an insane amount of damage

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884120199312669778/625467FE988192BFFDE961676DC1F410C307916A/

Check that out, i dont mind things like the supersized borg ships doing that with plasma bolts and stuff but thats a raptor thats the smallest ship in that mission

Also, the mission is bugged and gives you a leaver penalty even when the mission is failed

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884120021489881122/108F82A2CCA25DFFD3B45447AEF503C68E3BB800/

This STF either needs hotfixing or disabling immediately to prevent this from destroying the gameplay experience of players, getting a 1 hour leaver penalty because of a PW bug seems way too harsh, there is no way in hell i would even consider handing over the obscene amounts of money you charge if the game is going to break and stop be playing for an hour for no reason
  • Options
    tequilla56tequilla56 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    This!!! Before trolls and fanbois come in here telling us things are all okay read this person's post!

This is 2nd ESTF that is now broken. Hive Onslaught is completely foobar even on normal despite the so called hot fix.

Gotta admit. Dont know much about this one. Have barely played it, and the couple times I have it was a total WTF moment. So have chosen to avoid it completely.

The last two posters have it right on the money though.

Still.. I have two words for everyone that I think sums up the situation (regarding fixing it) perfectly... Crystalline Entity...

Lol.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    apart from the odd warping into a failed mission ive had no probelms with any of the elite stfs.

1hr ban for warping into a fail mission is ........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I dont know if anybody posted it yet but its not just the elite that is bugged the normal will also put you in a failed one to
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The team is investigating reports of players warping into this mission when it's already in a "failed" state.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well that is WONDERFUL news....

Now is there any word perhaps on the biggest issue of all... Server Ban when you leave again?

Personally I would prefer to see that problem fixed first. (At least that way IF you do get dragged into a failed mission, you can just immediately leave and try again.)

Cheers.

(P.S. - GREAT screen shots... Certainly DOES sum up the issues perfectly)
  • Options
    gohei1gohei1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I got tickets on this problem from 5 days ago, failed a cure and couldn't leave without getting a 1 hour ban on PVEs. Then today about 20 minutes ago i joined an elite cure to find it lost already and got the 1 hour ban again
  • Options
    budviking64budviking64 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've had the same problem here. For three days now I've got stuck in a failed elite "the Cure Found", been surrounded by Raptors that 1 shot killed you from full shields and health, got sick of it and quit, then served a 1 hour quitter penalty. Given that I joined this game 2 months ago and already bought $50 worth of Zen 3 times, Cryptic is convincing me that this was a poor gaming investment and I should move along to the myriad of other games who'll give me a game that works when I play it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    tequilla56 wrote: »
    Well that is WONDERFUL news....

Now is there any word perhaps on the biggest issue of all... Server Ban when you leave again?

Personally I would prefer to see that problem fixed first. (At least that way IF you do get dragged into a failed mission, you can just immediately leave and try again.)

Cheers.

(P.S. - GREAT screen shots... Certainly DOES sum up the issues perfectly)

Agreed! Being pulled into a failed mission is a 10 second inconvinience..... getting served a 1 hour ban because the mission failed weither or not you actually played sucks even more!
  • Options
    calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same problem for me: queued for a CSE... Failed.
  • Options
    spacebreederspacebreeder Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    slachance wrote: »
    Agreed! Being pulled into a failed mission is a 10 second inconvinience..... getting served a 1 hour ban because the mission failed weither or not you actually played sucks even more!

same here happen today totally bs and sucks needs to be fix along with tons of other bugs like hive

WE DON'T NEED NEW BROKEN CONTENT TILL U FIX WHAT U HAVE ALL READY BROKEN!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jboyntonjboynton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Also repeatedly pulled into failed missions....

The one hour ban is ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I think the 1hr server ban is the most inconvienient thing of all. This problem is just emphasising that.

There are a multitude of reasons WHY a player may have to leave a game early or go AFK for a period. (eg: this is a game, you get a phone call just after entering the game you have to take or something.)

Perhaps, a modified system - as I have seen discussed elsewhere - that would include, player votes in game for a penalty (score x number of votes over a certain period, then good indication you are disrupting peoples play and so cop an incremental penalty then or even if you leave x number of games before completion in a 24 hr period, again there is a counter and once it hits a predetermined figure, an appropriate incremental ban).

Still. Not a massive fan of the vote to punish system. (as said, you play public well you put up with the NooBs the obnoxious people and the deliberate AFK'ers), but seems like a majority like the idea.

Still. A shout out to those still mentioning being dragged into games.

Um.. Yeah ok. I am a BIG supporter of the FIX it and FIX IT NOW campaign. We have had word (rare and very much appreciated) that it is being looked at and hopefully fixed soon. In the meantime, we all know now this is a BIG problem. IF people are still actively trying to do this mission with that in mind then I have little sympathy. (a small amount because some will be fresh victims).

Simple solution. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS MISSION UNTIL AFTER THE NEXT SERVER UPDATE! THEN try it out again. IF you still encounter the problem then.... Come on back and complain more.. (I know I will).
  • Options
    mashaniemashanie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    CSE, at least one instance of it had this bug since the very first revamp that created the mission. Though at least before if you stayed put and waited (around 4-5 minutes) the leave button actually appeared. So yes, after fail or win, we basically hovered around unleashing fireworks and local item compares until the instance let us go. Still better then a 1 hour pentaly.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Another failed "the cure found" that now has me serving a 1 hour ban.........

http://prntscr.com/1tndxt
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Take note in the 3 players left T'becky was NOT an original member of the mission.... she got pulled into the mission after it failed and she will now also have a 1 hour ban.....
  • Options
    wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What in blue blazes is going on?

For the third time in a week, I joined the queue for "The Cure Found (Elite)" when prompted click "Join" and when I enter, I'm in one that's already been Lost! It's dead, done, and over! Yet I'm trapped in there, as are the others, as well as a host of people behind me who are also getting dumped into this lost map. My only out is to take the leaver penalty! It's happened 3 times as I said, all 3 on my Klingon (in case that is somehow relevant) - I've submitted tickets about it as well.

What is going on?
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    even more importantly, why is this in the pvp forum?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Probably from the same reason we are talking about pve builds these days, couple threads below. ^^
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PvP PvE is there really much difference anymore. :)

OP ya wrong end of the forums... but ya Cure is not the stf to pug. Do it with a group... join the STF channels... best to go to the pve section and find info for the STF channels in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Probably from the same reason we are talking about pve builds these days, couple threads below. ^^

Touche

/10char
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited September 2013
    PvP PvE is there really much difference anymore. :)

OP ya wrong end of the forums... but ya Cure is not the stf to pug. Do it with a group... join the STF channels... best to go to the pve section and find info for the STF channels in game.

I love it when people pug the public PvE queues and then whine about how crappy everyone is. The solution is obvious: Get with an ACTIVE fleet or an ACTIVE group of friends, and run them that way. Simple.

And by active, I mean usually having 4-5 people on. Combine that with a circle of friends and you'll have all the manpower you need.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just happened to me but it wasn't cure space elite mode, it was cure space NORMAL mode. First time this ever happened to me.

Here is what happened.

I queued up for cure space normal and right away I had the window to enter. Immediately when I chose to join it showed "Entering event (0)", that's 0 seconds. It stayed like that. After a minute I opened the PVE queue and tried to leave the queue for it but it said I wasn't in the queue.

The window for entering wasn't going away so I chose to change character, waited a few seconds, then logged back in on my character.

The window was still there with "Entering event (3)" and after the countdown I entered the mission.

When I entered it was already failed and there were 2 other players. 1 player left and I noticed the other player was still fighting.

I told the other player if we leave we get a leaver penalty and he said he knew and that's why he is staying. So the 2 of us managed to finish off the last cube and ALL of the ships in the entire map. Well........the exit button never appeared. We both ended up just leaving after searching for ships for about 10 minutes, taking the leaver penalty. I decided it's late and I'm logging out for the day. :(

Edit: 1 more thing. Why the hell is it called an "STF leaver" penalty when it prevents you from joining ANYTHING in the queue? Can't do mine trap. Can't do starbase 24. Can't do gorn minefield. Can't do azure nebula rescue. Can't do ANYTHING. It's pretty damn ridiculous that something that is suppose to discourage players from rage quitting is punishing players when the game glitches out on them. It can't tell the difference. The system sees someone left before the mission was over no matter what the circumstances and penalizes them for it!
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    The solution is obvious: Get with an ACTIVE fleet or an ACTIVE group of friends, and run them that way. Simple.

And by active, I mean usually having 4-5 people on. Combine that with a circle of friends and you'll have all the manpower you need.

Good advice for the PvP queue as well.
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well I can confirm after Cure I did yesterday. its still broken. If u fail mission there is still no leave button so u get an hrs ban still for leaving. Plus it does still seem that the Borg ships are varying. 1 Cure Elite being super strong & blowing people up in 1 or 2 shots & in another being super weak. So to be fair I think all the issues including entering a failed mission are still there on Cure Elite.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    I love it when people pug the public PvE queues and then whine about how crappy everyone is. The solution is obvious: Get with an ACTIVE fleet or an ACTIVE group of friends, and run them that way. Simple.

Or realize that you chose to PUG, don't complain, maybe try to help them out, and keep running them without the potential drama of a fleet. Simpler. ;)
This discussion has been closed.