test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

crashing after pressing engage

robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
I press engage on the launcher and it crashes straight away so unable to log on anyone else got this issue
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by robeasom on

Comments

• solutrisolutri Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yup same issue, thought it was just a small issue so tried every few days for a week and nothing.
    The only random guess I have is maybe it's cause I had DX11 enabled... How about you?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=718661
  • daflapindaflapin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm with you. The only thing different is I downloaded the latest nvidia driver. That's probably it. To tired to roll it back right now
  • umrathamaumrathama Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I had something similar happen to me not to long ago, here is what I did.

Have you all tried to do a force verify on the client. If not, After you have logged in to the launcher before you hit engage, look to the top of the launcher for options. Once you have clicked that, find the option (Force Verify) and check the box. It will automatically begin a game file verification once you hit ok.

Note: Watch the end of the verification process, if one of the files for the mirroring fails, run you client in full administrator mode and try again.
  • daflapindaflapin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I got it to work. I turned off my window firewall(I use Nortons) and restarted my computer.

Everything works fine for me now. Hope this helps