What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outrageous price for commander level tac warbird D:<

13»

Comments

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    haddenham1 wrote: »
    AThe point of this is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to obtain a second ship at any given level.

I can get 80,000 refined dilithium in minutes.... it involves a credit card and the dil exchange.

1. Buy zen with your credit card or paypal account. (1000 will do if you're buying in one swoop, you need at least about 650-700 zen)
    2. transfer zen to star trek holodeck server
    3. exchange zen for dilithium
    4. buy second ship.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tekehd wrote: »
    I can get 80,000 refined dilithium in minutes.... it involves a credit card and the dil exchange.

1. Buy zen with your credit card or paypal account. (1000 will do if you're buying in one swoop, you need at least about 650-700 zen)
    2. transfer zen to star trek holodeck server
    3. exchange zen for dilithium
    4. buy second ship.
    For 1000zen, you can have a better ship, the Cstore version of the ship to be accurate. Including a potentially usefull at endgame console/quad cannon. And an account unlock ship. Why spend it on a less interesting ship ?
    That's why we say it's overpriced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    For 1000zen, you can have a better ship, the Cstore version of the ship to be accurate. Including a potentially usefull at endgame console/quad cannon. And an account unlock ship. Why spend it on a less interesting ship ?
    That's why we say it's overpriced.

They will never understand it so don't beat your head against a concrete wall.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You're right. Most people will never understand why the OP is throwing a tantrum over missing the chance to choose a ship that he'll stop using in the two to three days it will take him to get to level 40. Especially when he can simply buy a better version of the ship for a measly 1,000 Zen.
    The topic is about the " Outrageous price for commander level tac warbird", not about having a better ship at this level, or if it's usefull.
    If you don't feel concerned, you don't need to post. As Plato said : "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gholendhor wrote: »
    I'd have liked to see a fleet ship for romulans that you can get with just fleet credits.they have it for Federation characters and Kligons(not sure about Klingons since I don't have a Klingon)

KDF non fleet ships that cost 200k fleet credits and no fleet ship modules, but require starbase military tier 3 or higher: HoH'SuS bird of prey, Samraw Raptor retrofit, K't'inga battle cruiser retrofit, Scourge Destroyer retrofit, and Corsair flight deck cruiser.

Feds have a few ships like this as well. The difference between the fleet and non-fleet version is the versions that cost fleet ship modules have an extra console slot for a total of 10, higher hull HP, and higher shield HP, usually.

Sadly there are no romulan ships that cost 200k fleet credits and no modules. All of their fleet ships require ship modules.

I have the HoH'SuS bird of prey on my klingon that I bought for 200k fleet credits. Been thinking of eventually getting fleet ship modules to get the fleet version, but the ship kinda sucks. Warp out animations are broken, and the ship seems real squishy.

Edit: I agree with the OP about dil cost of the ships you don't pick as your free ship when leveling up. I've always thought it was stupid to charge so much dilithium to buy the ships you didn't pick if you claimed the wrong ship by mistake, or you just don't care much for it and want to try 1 of the others. OP makes a good point: by the time you have the dilithium to purchase the lower tier ships you didn't claim for free, you will be leveled up enough to at least get your next tier ship for free.

Anybody who spends the dil to get a lower tier ship and uses it at a high level is, IMO, a noob. Lower tier ships suck for end game content.