test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dooommm!! The Game is Finsihed!! Everything is Doomed Thread!!

Comments

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seasons, Errors, OP and Nerfs come and go...

But DOOM is eternal.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited November 2013
    (Lobby)
    Receptionist: Yes? What can I do for you?
    Customer: I'd like to get doomed.
    Receptionist: Oh, you want Room 1A.
    Customer: Thank you.

(Room 1A)
    Customer: Hello, I'd like to --
    Man behind desk: Of course you would. We all would like to. And what if we can't? Have you considered that, you bleedin' stupid git? No! And then you go and whine and whine and moan and groan about the unfairness of it all. Pity pity pity. Apathetic lot, aren't you?
    Customer: Look! I just wanted to get doomed!
    Man behind desk: Oh! This is the room for complaints. You want Room 1B.
    Customer: Thank you. (leaves)
    Man behind desk: Loser.

(Room 1B)
    Customer: Hello, I'd like to --
    Man behind desk: No, you wouldn't.
    Customer: How do you know that? I haven't even told you --
    Man behind desk: Don't bother. I know your font.
    Customer: My what?
    Man behind desk: Your pitch.
    Customer: Oh -- you mean my type.
    Man behind desk: That's what I said.
    Customer: No, you didn't. You said font.
    Man behind desk: Don't correct me when I'm arguing a pointless point.
    Customer: But I don't want an argument.
    Man behind desk: Oh, of course you don't. You waltz in here like a drunk kangaroo, and expect to be treated as if you were Priscilla of the Desert. Well, you won't. Not here, not now, not from me. Don't give me that namby-pamby I-hate-ABBA-except-when-I'm-behind-your-back. You know you love them. And the Bee-Gees. You just can't come out of the closet and admit it. Next thing I know you'll be saying --
    Customer: That I want to get doomed.
    Man behind desk: Oh! This is the room for criticism. You want Room 1C.
    Customer: Thank you. (leaves)
    Man behind desk: He'll never amount to anything. Just another useless waste of human flesh. If only this had been a cheese shop instead.

(Room 1C)
    Customer: Hello, I'd like to get doomed.
    Man behind desk: No problem. (presses button on desk, hole opens up beneath customer and they fall straight down to Hell) We aim to please.
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So...going by the forums...it seems that about a quarter of the players have no bug issues, a quarter have some bug issues but can play, a quarter have some bug issues and cant play, and the last quarter of players refuse to play. So about half the players are not playing? I wont even boot my client for fear of the patches doing something to my toons.

The forums are often hit by the most passionate players - which often means loudest and angriest. Which is why this thread exists, because a LOT of players find the repeated speculation that STO is going to close because of problems X Y Z and they're going to leave to be far more depressing than any problem we've found in-game.

Boot your client. Chances are if you have a problem then it's not really going to do much server-side, and at least you'll be able to post a bug report.
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm surprised this thread is still being bumped up. I honestly didn't expect it to last to 100 pages, much less 2 months.

I suspect a lot of people - myself included - find a lot of the doomsdaying on the forums and on certain chat channels to be far more depressing and discouraging than the vast majority of problems in the game itself.

In short, they're fed up, and this is a small corner of the forums where they can express their own rage. Ironically, rage over raging.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    WOW DOOM OVER 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Cue Music*

AAHOOOOOOOHHHH WHAT A RUSH!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One can not just "shut down" DOOM...

It takes a special act of an all-knowing deity too even attempt to even contain DOOM.

None here are worthy of such a task.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    One can not just "shut down" DOOM...

It takes a special act of an all-knowing deity too even attempt to even contain DOOM.

None here are worthy of such a task.

I dunno - the SCP Foundation has been pretty successful at containing DOOOOOOMMM!! so far. And usually, they don't even need anything as nasty as Procedure 110-Montauk!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited November 2013
    (telephone rings)
    "Hello, this is the SPCD."
    "The what?"
    "The Society for Prevention of Cruelty towards Doomsayers."
    "That is absolutely ridiculous. No one is cruel towards them."
    "Have you ever wanted to torture them?"
    "Well ... maybe."
    "Tickle them with a red-hot poker?"
    "Possibly."
    "There you go, then. You're the sort we're trying to keep away from them. Why can't you be kinder towards a doomsayer anyway?"
    "They're so negative."
    "We are not! You're just saying that because you're jealous and because the SPCSRR pays you to be."
    "The what?"
    "The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty towards Sarcastic Ranters and Ravers."
    "Now that's ridiculous. You wouldn't happen to be a member of them too?"
    "Whatever gave you that idea? I haven't ranted and raved even once during this conversation. And certainly not in a sarcastic way."
    "But you'd like to, wouldn't you?"
    "Yes." Pause. "What gave it away?"
    "You're being entirely too polite towards me. Now, come on. Give me some of that good ol' ranting and raving."
    "If you insist..."
    (sadly the rest has had to be censored -- but, according ot the SPCSRR, the use of sarcastic invective and hyperbole has never reached such exalted heights -- we now return you to your regular doomed programming)
  • my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Doomest Doom Of Dooms.

The company affords X funds to STO, same as all the other games they offer. STO is made in America, where the dev team is offered a health care package along with their employment. In a country with the most expensive health care system in the world. That consumes Y amount of the X allocated by the company for the operations of STO. This leaves Z for actual production costs. If the dev team lived in ANY other country then Y would be a substantially smaller amount, leaving Z that amount larger for the production of STO. And they could afford a few more coders to deal with the amount of code in the game. And literally everybody would be better off. But do you think the game would be relocated to Canada even?

Doomest Doom Of Dooms.
    edited November 2013
    Doom means apologies aren't required. Doom means bending over backwards is unnecessary (and therefore a minor reduction in chiropractors' business). Doom means that conforming is as useful as mandatory breathalyzer testing after eating food liberally sprinkled with garlic. Doom means that if you still have tastebuds left after eating the spiciest dish on the menu, you weren't trying hard enough. Doom means that every day is like April 15. Doom means that you aren't allowed to speak like Yoda; you have to speak like Jar-Jar Binks instead. Doom means that the monster under your bed is actually your younger brother sneaking peeks at your dirty magazine collection. Doom is everywhere.
    edited November 2013
    Wow...

I'm gone for a couple of days and the DOOM THREAD almost slips into it's own doom.
    (I found it on page ten!)

Things must be really looking up if nobody want to post here anymore.

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    edited November 2013
    It's the unholiday season for Doom. Invite all your unfriends. There will be unpresents galore. Even Q has threatened to be there.
    edited November 2013
    Well then...

A very UN-Merry Xmas to you all and too all an UN-Goodnight!

edited November 2013
    lol ... I was actually trying to be funny like in Jimmy Kimmel's unfriending idea (where people have lots of online "friends" at sites like Twitter, but are they really friends? so why not just unfriend them all).

And don't forget: Unhappy New Year on Jan. 1, 2014.
  • skelet0rrskelet0rr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    DOOM... hmm, someone should build a game around that. Oh wait... :P

Grr from Invader zim wrote a song that is quite relevant ;) :P
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    very very.......

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    I've got a to-doom list:

1. Ignore omens.
    2. Ignore auguries.
    3. Ignore negative tarot card readings.
    4. Laugh when the crystal ball goes jet black.
    5. Insist on failing.
    6. Vote for the underdog (even if they have absolutely no chance of winning).
    7. Drive too close to the edge of drop-offs.
    8. Let parents and in-laws control your life long after you've reached adult independence. (this doesn't include those who are handicapped so much that they need help from others)
    9. Enjoy rush hour.
    10. Enjoy road rage.
    11. Lose your temper ... but you aren't allowed to find it.
    12. Lose your mind ... but you aren't allowed to find that either.
    13. Believe in all conspiracy theories ... you can't just pick and choose.
    14. Be one of the programmers that get criticized every time something goes wrong ... even if it isn't the part they themselves worked on.

(add more if you can think of any that I've missed here)
  • alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Breakfast in the STO doom-monger's cafe..

" So there's egg and bacon,
    Egg sausage and bacon
    Egg and doom
    Egg, bacon and doom
    Egg, bacon, sausage and doom
    Doom, bacon, sausage and doom
    Doom, egg, doom, doom, bacon and doom
    Doom, sausage, doom, doom, doom, bacon, doom, tomato and doom
    Doom, doom, doom, egg and doom
    Doom, doom, doom, doom, doom, doom, baked beans, doom, doom, doom and doom..."

Sure it's stealing from Monty Python..but how else was I to get thirty one dooms in one post.. :D
    edited December 2013
    Doom is not to be made frivolous of. Doom does not appreciate being compared with spam, canned or Internet variety. Doom is not sarcastic. Doom is quite serious. Doom has no interest in anything positive. Doom is all downhill. Doom is.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Doom is not to be made frivolous of. Doom does not appreciate being compared with spam, canned or Internet variety. Doom is not sarcastic. Doom is quite serious. Doom has no interest in anything positive. Doom is all downhill. Doom is.
    Yes, there are many Doombots but there is only one Doom.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well then, Doom needs to get a sense of humor. Otherwise, it's...wait for it!...DOOMED!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not Even Doom Music.

*Cat rushes in and sets things on fire*
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not even your mighty SUPERMAN can control the RAINBOW OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!M!!!!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Doom is upon us the game keeps crashing,,,,,,,,,

7 times in the last 2 hours,,!!!!!!!!
  • alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Sounds like Doom just needs a big ole hug.. :D
  • slayerofbloodslayerofblood Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyone else wondering if it is in fact the rest of the real world that is doomed, and a failing STO is just one of the symptoms? I mean, for pity's sake, people stabbing pregnant ladies to death over an XBOX One?!
    FED TAC: Ty'irren Micybos, USS Mistake Not... NX-93023.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Obviously, Xbox is doomed!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Well then, Doom needs to get a sense of humor. Otherwise, it's...wait for it!...DOOMED!
    Sounds like Doom just needs a big ole hug..

I was trying to be silly ... I guess it was an effort that was doomed from the get-go.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tried to hug DOOM once. He dropped a grand piano on my head.

I still remember the high pitched voice...
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • jarekcyphusjarekcyphus Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I played DOOM once. It was scary. Like this game.
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
This discussion has been closed.