test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Galaxy Class build

coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Federation Discussion
Well since there are plenty of people screaming about not being able to fly the Galaxy Class as is... I decided to get the Fleet version to see what all the complaining is about.

>>My Fleet Galaxy Class build<<

I have tested this build on Elite STF runs (Infected, KA, Cure) along with the normal version of the Crystalline Catastrophe. I find that the Aux2Bat is best on an engineer as I can cycle thru the various power abilities like EPS and the WCap on my warp core. I find it funny when I run the ship in ESTFs that I get called out for bringing a gimp ship but more than hold my own when having consistent 125 weapons power ontop of having that as well on shields and engines.

A few notes:
1) I use 3 purple Technicians, 1 purple Warp Core Engineer, 1 purple Damage Control Engineer to enhance the power levels when I use Emergency Power to X and the Aux2Bat
2) I'm more tac oriented so my Reputation skills show it off... I was even more tanky but re-routed abilities to blow things up faster. Beside, I have already 61k hull with this ship.
3) The blank console will be filled with the Elachi Bionueral Circuits console when it's avail in STOA.
4) I don't PVP so this is not a build for that. If I can make my tac Vesta tanky to the point it takes 15 mins to kill me on 1v1... yeah this ship should be ok if I have to PVP.
Post edited by coffeemike on

Comments

• Options
    mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow what we're you 1v1 a shuttle

Why aux2bat2 and not 1?

No plasmonic leach?

No tac team?

I run a tac in a galaxy many a time it's a great ship yeah the dps isn't great but then again why would you fly a cruiser to dps unless it was a battlecruiser

Enjoy your stfs
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    My Vesta class took on a Fleet Defiant... he was shocked I lasted 15 mins before he finally was able to blow me up.

Going back to my build: I don't find the need with Tac Team on my build as my skill points and reputation system points help a lot. I cycle between Aux2Bat 1 & 2 to keep my weapons/shields/engines above 125.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice to see another Galaxy class enthusiast!

Please take a look at the build in my signature. It may help you in some capacity!
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Don't use Aux2Batt2, 2x Aux2Batt1 is enough.

3x EPtX isn't a good idea, 2 will do

Aux2SIF isn't a good idea, it will mess with you Aux2Batt timing

Use ET for that 3rd eng sign

Get leech console

Use 6-7 beam arrays and the KCB

Use DEM and get the Marion doff

Get RSP

/\
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Nice to see another Galaxy class enthusiast!

I know... its ultra rare here. I grew up watching TNG and was hoping the Oddy BOFF seats were also for the Galaxy...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ussboleyn wrote: »

I use EPtAux for that reason. I trigger that when I trigger Aux2Bat.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ussboleyn wrote: »
    Don't use Aux2Batt2, 2x Aux2Batt1 is enough.

3x EPtX isn't a good idea, 2 will do

Use ET for that 3rd eng sign

Get leech console

Use 6-7 beam arrays and the KCB

Use DEM and get the Marion doff

Get RSP

Mostly a good idea.

The difference between Aux2Bat (Lt version) and Aux2Bat (LtCmdr version) is minuscule, you only gain a small percentage of extra power among all three subsystems. Compared to the power of DEM or other high level engi abilities, you aren't getting much mileage out of that power.

I don't use the leech console, and my ship works perfectly fine in PvE and PvP. My ship generates so much power, that losing 1 point isn't a major concern.

As for Beam arrays, I have to disagree. Slot 5 beam arrays, 1 KCB in fore, one Omega launcher in fore, and one mine in the back. (Remember, Borg 3pc weapon set gives you the special 3pc set passive!)
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    (Remember, Borg 3pc weapon set gives you the special 3pc set passive!)

I don't think the 1% chance is worth it. I'd rather spam an extra BA with FAW DEM and APB

Leech add about an extra 15 power in all subsystem.

/\
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Just made modifications to the build.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You need 2x Auz2batt for it to work right...

Try this build http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=galhelp_0

/\
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    coffeemike wrote: »
    Well since there are plenty of people screaming about not being able to fly the Galaxy Class as is... I decided to get the Fleet version to see what all the complaining is about.

>>My Fleet Galaxy Class build<<

I have tested this build on Elite STF runs (Infected, KA, Cure) along with the normal version of the Crystalline Catastrophe. I find that the Aux2Bat is best on an engineer as I can cycle thru the various power abilities like EPS and the WCap on my warp core. I find it funny when I run the ship in ESTFs that I get called out for bringing a gimp ship but more than hold my own when having consistent 125 weapons power ontop of having that as well on shields and engines.

A few notes:
    1) I use 3 purple Technicians, 1 purple Warp Core Engineer, 1 purple Damage Control Engineer to enhance the power levels when I use Emergency Power to X and the Aux2Bat
    2) I'm more tac oriented so my Reputation skills show it off... I was even more tanky but re-routed abilities to blow things up faster. Beside, I have already 61k hull with this ship.
    3) The blank console will be filled with the Elachi Bionueral Circuits console when it's avail in STOA.
    4) I don't PVP so this is not a build for that. If I can make my tac Vesta tanky to the point it takes 15 mins to kill me on 1v1... yeah this ship should be ok if I have to PVP.

personally i think this is an awefull build for this ship...not only is it not a real a2b build...

it has: torp launcher which this ship simply can't and shouldn't feature due to limited tac seats.
    a Damage controle doff that is either swallowed by the a2b and technician CD reduction, or simply doesn't trigger too often to actually have an impact.
    no EPtW = 10% less dmg right there...unacceptable.
    DBB mixed with BA...that makes virtually no sense what so ever
    only one a2b...hence it can't even be considered a2b build
    and other minor flawes...

ussboleyn's build is like a lightyear better...although i'd say a tac team should never be missing in any build, but i guess AP:beta is something that should never be missed too. so i'd rather lose the FAW, as strange as this may sound.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=galaxyenhanced_0

Here ya go...

Build comes down to popping dem 3, faw1, ap:b1, and eptw3, then using aux2bat to reset everything. Rinse and repeat.

Get a marion doff instead of a damage control doff for extra lolz energy drain

A plasma embassy console to add plasma burns to your weapons is also a boost

Maco engine/shields for a more useful set bonus is recommended.

Broadside everything for maximum dps

Personal thoughts on build...Ship has too many engineer stations...herpa derp :P

But probably a nigh invincible beam spammer

I don't think tt is superior over bfaw for this ship...it is so massive the the increase shield rotation isn't really warranted and the boost to torps/beams is kinda negligible. but to each his own.

Edit for a confusion sentence and a reply to baudl
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Good thing I have a lot of EC...

Made more changes to the ship: >>Fleet Galaxy build<<
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Woot, you chose my build, have fun. Broadside the **** outta everything.

Get marion to finish it off.

I know you were curious why people thought the galaxy was bad but if you like cruisers get a different cruiser with more tact slots for more dps awesome sauce

It isn't the ship, it's usually the player's build that is the biggest hindrance

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    With the adjustments everyone suggested it's become a pretty solid build. The issue with the Galaxy is that you can stick this nice build onto almost any of the other federation cruisers and it will perform better. The Fleet Galaxy can kill stuff in an elite stf, but a Fleet Assault Cruiser will do it faster. The two tac consoles limit damage potential and the lone Lt tac station limits it even further. Still if you are a Galaxy fan boy set on using this ship...this is about as good as it's going to get.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    vadavianthulevadavianthule Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I put 2x dual beams on the front of mine today with the fleet beam array and rom hyper plas torp. omg if you have not got dual beam banks on the front of you galaxy class ship try it its so good, mk xii accx2 dmg only 80k on the exchange. only a few though, but there less than a few hundred k which Is nothing
    Fleet Admiral Davian Thule.
    Kobayashi Crew.
    Dave@dangerousdave1701
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I put 2x dual beams on the front of mine today with the fleet beam array and rom hyper plas torp. omg if you have not got dual beam banks on the front of you galaxy class ship try it its so good, mk xii accx2 dmg only 80k on the exchange. only a few though, but there less than a few hundred k which Is nothing

the obvious flaw with DBB is, that while the arc is overlapping with your front BA, your rear BA are doing nothing.

either go full broadside, or full frontal with all DBB front and turrets rear...mixing is nerfing your dmg drastically.

The OP's build is now pretty much the optimum you can have for this ship...enjoy. I personally would still go for TT1 instead of FAW1.
    DOFFs should be 3 technicians, 1 warp core engi, and a marion preferably...if that is not affordable, there a some other to choose from: deflector doff that adds a feedback pulse to PH...very low dmg, but still dmg. Brace for impact doff for a small amount of shield heal. Or the doff that increases RSP duration. many others still...
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I used the build on the Vesta Class tac version... wow. Nicely blows up Borg Tac Cubes with TBR 3.

But I'm back on the Fleet Galaxy... cuz I want one day the TNG interior pack.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    baudl wrote: »
    the obvious flaw with DBB is, that while the arc is overlapping with your front BA, your rear BA are doing nothing.

either go full broadside, or full frontal with all DBB front and turrets rear...mixing is nerfing your dmg drastically.

The OP's build is now pretty much the optimum you can have for this ship...enjoy. I personally would still go for TT1 instead of FAW1.
    DOFFs should be 3 technicians, 1 warp core engi, and a marion preferably...if that is not affordable, there a some other to choose from: deflector doff that adds a feedback pulse to PH...very low dmg, but still dmg. Brace for impact doff for a small amount of shield heal. Or the doff that increases RSP duration. many others still...
    Mixing Cannons and Beams?

I can only tell from my (insignificant) experience.
    If you think about it that way, cannon and Beam BOFF powers can work at the same time, since they don't share a CD. So using C:SV and BO for example can go hand in hand, resulting in a deadly barage.
    but that's nothing i would do in a (fleet) Galaxy -R, just too few Tac BOFF stations IMHO.

If i had to use Beams (fore) and turrrets (rear) i would use Beam Arrays instead of DBB, since the turn rate of a GCS is beyond good and evil in STO.

Just my 2 cents.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This build with a Tac Oddy... Wow
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    coffeemike wrote: »

Which build?

• Options
    edited September 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    Mixing Cannons and Beams?

I can only tell from my (insignificant) experience.
    If you think about it that way, cannon and Beam BOFF powers can work at the same time, since they don't share a CD. So using C:SV and BO for example can go hand in hand, resulting in a deadly barage.
    but that's nothing i would do in a (fleet) Galaxy -R, just too few Tac BOFF stations IMHO.

If i had to use Beams (fore) and turrrets (rear) i would use Beam Arrays instead of DBB, since the turn rate of a GCS is beyond good and evil in STO.

Just my 2 cents.

sry, i think i didn't make that clear what i ment.
    i was responding to a poster that suggested 2 DBB in front...which makes little sense.

galaxy certainly isn't suited for that, no doubt.
    there is really no alternative with the galaxy other than broadsiding with BA.
    Even for single cannons there are simply not enough tac BOFFs.

a tac oddy with saucer sep. could handle DBB front and turrets rear, but there are other more effective builds for that ship too.
    i tried this once with a tac oddy and it was ok, though i did not get CRF for the turrets, only FAW for the DBBs. That way the FAW isn't wasted all around your ship, but is focused on 1-2 targets.
    a tac oddy with this build would mean you get a tac console more...there are better builds for tac oddys and there are better ships for this particular build (fleet excelsior beeing just one)
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    a tac oddy with saucer sep. could handle DBB front and turrets rear, but there are other more effective builds for that ship too.
    i tried this once with a tac oddy and it was ok, though i did not get CRF for the turrets, only FAW for the DBBs. That way the FAW isn't wasted all around your ship, but is focused on 1-2 targets.
    I have tried this too, but i didn't seem to do much more damage.
    But you are right, the GCS has far to few tec Stations to use both cannons and beams.

It's a shame "distribute shield pwer" isn't nearly as effective as Tactical Team, so tac heavy ships will always be advantaged.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I'd argue that my build is far more effective than the OP's modified build in STFs. I don't have a perfect gear layout, mind you, but this thing packs a massive punch.

Plasma is the ideal energy type for the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit because you aren't limited to Tactical consoles to buff its base damage. Stacking embassy science consoles with [Pla] modifiers is essentially equivalent to adding a third rare XI Plasma Infuser.

Eject Warp Plasma is buffed by the [Pla] modifier from embassy consoles, as well as Particle Generators. Stacking two [Pla] Particle Generators boosts its damage by a considerable margin.

Tractor Beam Repulsors I only scales its repel on auxiliary power and Graviton Generators. Its kinetic damage scales exclusively with Particle Generators. This makes it an extremely handy offensive tool when used in concert with Auxiliary to Battery builds, as it delivers its full payload even when your auxiliary power is only at 5.

Single cannons and turrets with Cannon: Rapid-Fire I have superior single-target damage compared to Beam Array: Fire at Will II. Your DPS numbers won't be as high, but that's because you're actually focusing high damage on one target instead of spreading it out among several targets.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'd argue that my build is far more effective than the OP's modified build in STFs. I don't have a perfect gear layout, mind you, but this thing packs a massive punch.

Plasma is the ideal energy type for the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit because you aren't limited to Tactical consoles to buff its base damage. Stacking embassy science consoles with [Pla] modifiers is essentially equivalent to adding a third rare XI Plasma Infuser.

Eject Warp Plasma is buffed by the [Pla] modifier from embassy consoles, as well as Particle Generators. Stacking two [Pla] Particle Generators boosts its damage by a considerable margin.

Tractor Beam Repulsors I only scales its repel on auxiliary power and Graviton Generators. Its kinetic damage scales exclusively with Particle Generators. This makes it an extremely handy offensive tool when used in concert with Auxiliary to Battery builds, as it delivers its full payload even when your auxiliary power is only at 5.

Single cannons and turrets with Cannon: Rapid-Fire I have superior single-target damage compared to Beam Array: Fire at Will II. Your DPS numbers won't be as high, but that's because you're actually focusing high damage on one target instead of spreading it out among several targets.

i stand corrected, i like yours better:) especially the TBR synergy
    Go pro or go home