test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lots of lag

And I mean lots. The Academy event tends to lag and hiccup, but today STFs (mostly the ground ones) have been so bad all movment pauses for a few moments (things like plasma streams and whatnot are still animated), and those moments feel like an eternity when your team is chatting and playing without any lag. When my screen resumes I'm either left behind or dead.

This game never used to lag for me, but I come back a few days ago and it's pretty bad. Apparently not everyone is experiencing it. It's bad lag, movement pausing lag, beyond players and AI warping which I also experience. It's not my computer, and my connection is Verizon FIOS so I don't it's on my end. There's possibly something wrong along the route but I don't know, and I'm not sure that would cause the screen pausing I keep getting in STFs.

Am I the only one getting this? Anyone know the reason it's so bad, like maybe someone knows it's a server problem?

It lags bad when you right click someone for info too. Sometimes I get no info at all.
Post edited by uryenserellont on

Comments

• emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've been getting some minor lag, personally. Mostly just everything freezing up for a few seconds.
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Go play APB: Reloaded on one of the +1000 population servers. THEN complain to me about lag.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Happened to me last night. I literally watched my ship fly backwards at full impulse while the game tried to correct my position. It weirdly felt like an actual temporal backstep, only it didn't heal me up. ;)

Problem corrected itself after a a while.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • casperdudesdcasperdudesd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this is nothing new there has been a-lot of lag issues in game it has to do with their bandwidth provider cognet. cognet uses other isp's network like Verizon's and since cognet is using the bandwidth that Verizon customers should be getting it takes away from the customers bandwidth. plus cognet refuses to pay Verizon for using Verizon's network all you can do is complain to her isp and to cryptic about this make a support ticket
  • aspheasphe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Try this:

'ping -t patchserver.crypticstudios.com'

then while you're ingame

/netgraph 1

Recently, I'm getting a 'ping' of around 150-300ms with the continous ping... but from 500-41k ms 'ping' from 'netgraph'.

So... I can get to the patchserver just fine, but as for the game server...

I've gotten 'cannot connect to patchserver' errors from the launcher... while the continous ping shows 130ms with zero packet loss.