test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lobi Store Promo Voting [Voting has ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We are putting the command codes in your hands, Captains! Cast your vote today for our upcoming Lobi Store promotion. Read more for details.

*Please read the blog linked below for details on this promotion.

Click here to read more.

UPDATE (8/26/13 @1:33PM PDT)! Voting ends tomorrow, Tuesday, August 27 at 2PM PDT instead of Wednesday, August 28 at 11:59AM PDT. I've updated the blog with this change.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am unlikely to buy any of those, but I guess if i would it would be the time shuttle.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yay First vote!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    jkirk13jkirk13 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would get the timeship since it is the best ship and I already have the BOFFs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How about putting something bigger and badder on special, like one of the 800 lobi ships.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    lifecrux177lifecrux177 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Photonic Tactical Officer
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *votes for "Put that stuff into the GPL store instead and finally give latinum (which is supposed to be the most valuable stuff in the Trek universe) some meaning over lobi crystals (which canon established as worthless junk anyway)*
  • Options
    dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First, My vote goes to the "ETH".

But, my question is: how can someone get lobi crystals without opening any lock boxes?
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I voted for the Widow, since shuttles and BOs are available by conventional means; but you need zen or lobi to get a fighter. A discount there makes more of a difference I think.
  • Options
    clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thorodal wrote: »
    *votes for "Put that stuff into the GPL store instead and finally give latinum (which is supposed to be the most valuable stuff in the Trek universe) some meaning over lobi crystals (which canon established as worthless junk anyway)*

Haven't you learned that Cryptic has a deep love affair with introducing more and more currencies and complexity? Remove Lobis? Never happen.
  • Options
    b3tazoidb3tazoid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How about making Lobi's account bound, and make 1 lobi worth say 1000 or 10,000 GPL? Keep the gold (pressed latinum) farming business alive?

I mean come on, you can buy the shuttles (woo, shuttles) on the exchange, and the other stuff isn't that essential. Boffs on ground aren't useful after the story content is finished, and do they even give any advantage in space?

Lobi stuff is so overpriced any IMO.
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This get my vote too. The whole Lobi Consortium with there crystals and strong enemy faction battle ships for sale has nothing to do with Star Trek.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    clearbeard wrote: »
    Haven't you learned that Cryptic has a deep love affair with introducing more and more currencies and complexity? Remove Lobis? Never happen.

I haven't said "remove lobis". I said "give GPL some meaning". Latinum is supposed to be the most valuable commodity in the Trek universe after all, but all us players can get for it are limited time holo emitters. (I'm not counting the trophies as you can't place them on Romulan / Lockbox ships anyway).
  • Options
    kesxexkesxex Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What? Getting to this link was actually work - not easy as there were three links ahead of it - why?

Nothing to choose from but disappointed by the speel of adverts so just had to cast my vote for nothing, sorry.
  • Options
    jonpark020979jonpark020979 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I find it funny people want the officer's and not the ships if i was cryptic i would do one ship and one officer whatever one is higher in each poll of course

I personal want the temporal destroyer but i will take a time shuttle just as much
  • Options
    verbenamageverbenamage Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Liberated borg officer...

The shuttles/fighters are essentially useless until some real small-ship content is introduced.

The photonic tac officer doesn't really have any good stats, and not being able to customize the appearance of a hologram is just beyond stupid.

On the other hand, the borg boff has efficiency and a bonus to hold/root effects. And science has a lot of those. So it's useful both in space and on ground.
  • Options
    rybrarianrybrarian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I actually hope all of these items go on sale. I voted for the Borg Science Officer, mainly because I pretty much have all of the other items in the store already.

Should make the exchange prices for the shuttles go down again, which would definitely entice me to get them on some of my side characters.
  • Options
    evs2011evs2011 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the tactical photonic officer wins the poll, would there be any chance that it's trait could be fixed so that it doesn't get injured when it ''dies''?
  • Options
    regimentalmanregimentalman Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Photonic Tac Officer, would be my vote
  • Options
    jwboyce1957jwboyce1957 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tactical officer
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not exactly desirable items. Still, the best pick out of the bunch would be the timeship shuttles.
  • Options
    jns70982jns70982 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Jam'Hadar Attack Ship would have been nice.
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    b3tazoid wrote: »
    How about making Lobi's account bound, and make 1 lobi worth say 1000 or 10,000 GPL? Keep the gold (pressed latinum) farming business alive?

I mean come on, you can buy the shuttles (woo, shuttles) on the exchange, and the other stuff isn't that essential. Boffs on ground aren't useful after the story content is finished, and do they even give any advantage in space?

Lobi stuff is so overpriced any IMO.

They won't do it as-is because it would create the opportunity for a ridiculously time-consuming exploit to generate an unlimited amount of "free" lobi for your account.
  • Options
    tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Liberated Romulan Sci boff, of course. Only really useful choice on the list w/ its efficient trait, and for the rp Romulan captain, necessary in order to get another purple quality Romulan boff on your crew.

However, if the Photonic tac can be updated w/ Romulan visuals, I'll change my vote.
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Before I vote, are the bugs on that photonic boff gone? Yet?
    /Floozy
  • Options
    bublawekbublawek Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, definitely put the 800 lobi ships up for vote!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    clearbeard wrote: »

there not as nearly as many currencies as there was before F2P, if your a long time player you should know this.

I voted Rom Borg Boff because the exchange is way over priced and I would have lobi left over if she went.
  • Options
    lifecrux177lifecrux177 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Judging by these "votes" I'm pretty sure that the Photonic Tactical Officer will not be picked. However, it would be so much better if instead of voting on what will be 40%, each player is given the choice: One Item in the Lobi Store for 40%! That would make EVERYBODY HAPPY!
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Temporal Destroyers go for 40% off. They're my favorite ship in the game, and I would love to get them cheaper.

That said, I voted for the Romulan Lib Borg Boff. It isn't bugged and non-customizable like the Photonic Tac Officer; and it will make it easier/cheaper to get a complete Captain and Bridge Crew of liberated Borg.

Also, I wouldn't vote for the Photonic Tac or the Timeship until we get a Romulan specific look for both.
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I would also vote for this. I don't like lockboxes anyway, but this would at least give us a way to earn items in-game other than just the endless dilithium farm.

• Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They won't do it as-is because it would create the opportunity for a ridiculously time-consuming exploit to generate an unlimited amount of "free" lobi for your account.

Boffs will be needed for Season 8 so don't say they will not be useful they are always useful.
This discussion has been closed.