test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 4 [Now Complete]

Comments

• maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you have a full roster of ships, are any of those ships one of the following:

c) Replaceable... in other words a Mirror Universe ship that you can get off the Exchange for a relatively small amount of EC's?

If your original qualifier was options b through d in the first paragraph, and you want your old ship back, then you should also:

f) Reclaim/replace your original craft from the C-Store, Exchange, or Shipyard. If replacing a cheap Mirror Universe ship from the Exchange, you can even purchase the Reward Pack ahead of time so long as you wait until after unlocking the Freebies today and tomorrow to open that Reward Pack.

I went this route. Each of my toons has a couple of cheap mirror ships that they use for gear storage. Plus I didn't want to discharge one of my C-Store ships and then have a bug fubar. You know it can happen.
    Hope that helps, if you don't want to buy more ship slots. Of course, if you want to keep all of you ship, ship slots are still the way to go. There is something to be said for holding on to things... but a FREE, account-wide, and permanent unlock is not something to pass up if it only takes a little effort and maybe a few EC's.

Absolutely. Thanks a lot!
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For those keeping track, this means that the ships offered tomorrow will be 2500 ZEN ships.

BranFlakes' 7500"+"

550 DS9 Costume Pack
    550 TOS Command Tunic
    500 Yellowstone
    500 To'Duj
    750 Rhode Island
    -1000 Phalanx
    Totals at 3850 Zen worth of Freebies this far, and...

Approx 3650"+" Zen worth of Freebies yet to come...

Given that, we could easily be looking at a pair of 2000 Zen ships, a pair of 2500 Zen ships, or one 2000 Zen and one 2500 Zen ship tomorrow. It's wide open. The fun part of using the "+" is that we actually get might be surprised. :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For those keeping track, this means that the ships offered tomorrow will be 2500 ZEN ships.

Fed-side, that leaves:

Dreadnought
    MVAM
    One of the Odysseys
    One of the Vesta variants
    One of the Andorian variants
    Atrox
    Armitage
    Regent

Klingon-side, it means:
    One of the Bortasqu'
    Guramba

I doubt it will be any of the newer ships or the ones that come in a bundle.

My bet? Possibly two old but iconic ships:
    • Defiant (Retrofit)
    • B'rel (Retrofit)

By offering those, they can throw a serious bone to players who aren't happy about Romulan cloaking.

Or, alternatively, given the fact that they recently revamped the Carrier pet AI and they're going to offer an alien carrier in the next FE:
    • Atrox
    • Kar'Fi
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • jessiecoltjessiecolt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you!
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Alright, done! I am now the proud owner of the U.S.S. Canada and the I.K.S. Slann. And now to go make an alt Fed toon so that, if I have to free up even more ship slots tomorrow, I'll still have someone who can use the Rhode Island.

Thanks, Cryptic. This is the most awesome thing you have done for us FtP players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    uhm. check your math again. 1100 (2 costume packs) + 1000 (2 shuttles) + 750 (rhode island) + 1000 (phalanx) + 5000 (2 2500z ships) = 8850. branflakes said "over 7500 zen" worth of items.

Now, they *could* release a 2500z ship, but only for one faction. The other faction would then have to get a 1500z ship. This would leave players of the faction getting the cheap ship feeling very cheated, and I'm sure Cryptic doesn't want that.

I'd bet on both factions getting T5 2000z ships. That adds up to 7850, which is in line with the numbers.

u are saying saying what i am thinking about todays stuff in this post on players thinking of getting cheated but judging by this thread it be only some players not all thatll feel that way. the reason of them doing fed only the first couple of days is there is only one true kdf costume on the cstore and kdf players have been in the past complaining about wanting new uniforms in the cstore so yes kdf players will get shafted the first couple of days but its because of cryptic didnt want to give 48 hours to ONE uniform
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Atrox would make my day. I had a choice about 2 months before LoR went live between getting an Atrox or the Tac Vesta. Went with the Vesta (and haven't regretted it) but getting an Atrox to boot would be cake.

D'kyr seems like a good contender as already pointed out. Wouldn't mind one of those to play around with.

KDF side I'll take anything lol. I don't have any T5 KDF ships.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • wobblesidewobbleside Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can you claim BOTH?? Or just one? Either way thanks as I did not have either.
    coupaholic wrote: »
    You can claim the ships now to use later on y'know. If you're KDF toon is a science guy he'd get some good use out of the phalanx.

Sadly you need a toon of the appropriate level. Unfortunately my coworker got fired last week so I haven't had a day off in 8 days.. couldn't grind to get my fed or KDF leveled this week.. thankfully my Fed is 35.. and tomorrow at 8am is my last day of this super week.. sooo I should be able to get her to 40 before the promotion ends. Still sucks that I can't get shiny things for KDF toon for later.
    :(
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I went this route. Each of my toons has a couple of cheap mirror ships that they use for gear storage. Plus I didn't want to discharge one of my C-Store ships and then have a bug fubar. You know it can happen.

Absolutely. Thanks a lot!

Yes, yes it can...

And you're very welcome. Hope your new toys serve you well :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok ok this old buzzard is eating crow these past two days has been pretty good and the toduj fighter was the bomb.

And todays ships are even better so yeah ty cryptic yadda yadda yadda etc etc and etc

Now for todays rant

WHERE IS THE KLINGONS CAPTAIN KLAA HAIRSTYLES!!! :mad: (End of rant)
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Or, alternatively, given the fact that they recently revamped the Carrier pet AI and they're going to offer an alien carrier in the next FE:
    • Atrox
    • Kar'Fi

I would so be on board for hat. I needs me a carrier. :P
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I doubt it will be any of the newer ships or the ones that come in a bundle.

My bet? Possibly two old but iconic ships:
    • Defiant (Retrofit)
    • B'rel (Retrofit)

By offering those, they can throw a serious bone to players who aren't happy about Romulan cloaking.

• Atrox
    • Kar'Fi

You don't think they'll avoid the VA token ships?
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Activating pessimistic subroutine:

Fed side will be Gal-R, KDF will be a 2500 zenner...

Then, after Gal-R is issued en-masse, the fabled Galaxy pack gets released and...
    a. They "overprice" it saying that since "everyone" got the Gal-R they don't need to discount for it.
    b. They issue the galaxy pack at a "discounted" price saying virtually everyone already has the Gal-R.
    c. They cite game breaking bugs and the pile of existing Gal-Rs from the deal to never issue the pack...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are excited to announce that today's FREE C-Store items are the Rhode Island Class Refit and Phalanx Science Vessel! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.

Fun choices, thank you!
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for all the giveaways! I was only hoping for one day to be something I didn't have, so I'm very pleased to have both of yesterdays and todays! :D
    I have a fleet Nova Retrofit and I love the look of the Rhode Island! I'm about to pimp my ride! :cool:
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • admiraljohn1701admiraljohn1701 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    after 4 days I was finally able to claim the Phalanx Science Vessel for my Klingon character. I'm happy that I was able to get at lest one thing free in this giveaway. Thank you! :)
    Actual join date: Aug 2010
    1000+ day veteran :)
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A big thank you, once again, Cryptic team.:)
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Cryptic. :)
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,185 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are excited to announce that today's FREE C-Store items are the Rhode Island Class Refit and Phalanx Science Vessel! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.

Please please please please please Brandon please let it be a Vesta tomorrow please (hope that's enough plesases)
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Galaxy class is my favorite ship. I hope that's tomorrow's giveaway, though I know it's likely a pipe dream. It isn't worth paying for due to the poor design and specs, but I still would just like to take one out for quests and stuff. :(
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you Cryptic so does this mean we can have a few character slots tomorrow then?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • foorgedfoorged Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see a lot of people complaining about the down time and issues this game has have/(had). Sure STO isnt perfect but....

Please remember the past with all those great updates and upgrades, a true f2p game and these awesome giveaways and remember that the makers of this game are doing an awesome job and are working hard to keep exploring strange new bits and bites.

Thanks for the gifts and keep up the good work!
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was hoping for Exeter (tier 2) or maybe Excelsior (tier 3) but the Rhode Island and the Phalanx Science Vessel are 2 very good ships! Thank you!

Qapla!
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • bhthephoenixbhthephoenix Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Krap...
    I just realized that my Klingon isn't at Level 50 yet.

Guess I'll be kram-playing him tonight when I get home from work.

Gotta get tomorrows Freebie!!!

:eek:

Im with you, as soon as I get home from work I have to get my klingon from 39 to 50 just in case. Im partially lucky as my Romulan is at 50 and KDF aligned so unless tomorrow is really good the Romulan can claim it.
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Started off kinda disappointing (DS9 instead of Mercenary that everyone can use) then TOS tunic (instead of KDF/FED Academy Uniforms)

Got a little better (Runabout and KDF fighter) why not Peregrines instead of a Runabout?

Now getting good Rhode Island/Phalanx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demonwolf1975demonwolf1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    any one know if thay are doing this tell Friday or is this a full week to sunday
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tyler002 wrote: »
    So far, the Rhode Island is the only one I already had. Excellent.

Are Commander rank ships usable at Vice Admiral level?
    Of course they are. Why wouldn't they be?
  • demonwolf1975demonwolf1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    Please please please please please Brandon please let it be a Vesta tomorrow please (hope that's enough plesases)

why do ppl thenk thay are going to give out a vesta, ody, or the kum. you ppl know ther NOT going to give thos out for free
  • darkgenmaxdarkgenmax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Brandon said over $75 worth of items (more if you can claim on multiple factions)

DS9 costumes: bout $5
    TOS Tunic: bout $5
    Yellowstone/To'Duj: $5-$10
    Rhode Island/Phalanx: $10-$15

That leaves $40-$50 worth left unaccounted for. The cost of a ship 3 pack is $50.

My moneys on the Oddy/Bortasqu' 3-packs, as the ships in each pack generally address each class equally. The Vesta, having no real KDF 3 pack equivalent, is much less likely of a choice.
This discussion has been closed.