test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 4 [Now Complete]

Comments

• stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I already happen to have the Rhode Island (proudly using the costume on my science's Fleet Nova!), but a big thanks for making both it and the KDF starship available. :)
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The only real downside to this deal is that the new patch is taking an incredibly long time...but then, I guess every cloud has a silver lining.

Yeah, I'm noticing that too... Like, double-digit numbers of KB/sec.
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmm... two ships I have always wanted. Thanks :)
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

They want us to buy ship slots. I for one have none available in any of my toons.

Well played, Cryptic.

If you have a full roster of ships, are any of those ships one of the following:
    a) Unused and unlikely to be used by your character in the future?
    b) Reclaimable... in other words a C-Store ship that can be discharged and later reclaimed if you want it back?
    c) Replaceable... in other words a Mirror Universe ship that you can get off the Exchange for a relatively small amount of EC's?
    d) A Small Craft that didn't come from a lock box... in other words, reclaimable and/or replaceable?

If any of the above is true:
    a) Strip the appropriate ship of useful equipment, consoles, etc and decommission her. If you are going to reclaim/replace her, write down her registry designation.
    b) Claim the Freebie from the C-Store. You have now unlocked that ship (notice it says "100% Discount" off the normal C-Store price).
    c) Strip the Freebie of the Universal Console and decommission her.
    d) Wait for tomorrow's Freebie, then claim her from the C-Store.

If your original qualifier was options b through d in the first paragraph, and you want your old ship back, then you should also:
    e) Strip tomorrow's Freebie of the Universal Console and decommission her.
    f) Reclaim/replace your original craft from the C-Store, Exchange, or Shipyard. If replacing a cheap Mirror Universe ship from the Exchange, you can even purchase the Reward Pack ahead of time so long as you wait until after unlocking the Freebies today and tomorrow to open that Reward Pack.
    g) Rename your replacement ship with the original's registry designation, for the sake of vanity.

Hope that helps, if you don't want to buy more ship slots. Of course, if you want to keep all of you ship, ship slots are still the way to go. There is something to be said for holding on to things... but a FREE, account-wide, and permanent unlock is not something to pass up if it only takes a little effort and maybe a few EC's.

Now, if your entire ship roster is full of lock box and Fleet ships... you can probably make do without picking up your Freebies. Still, if you spent that much for lock box ships you might want to just go ahead and buy a ship slot for the free console, as resources are not likely to be an issue given you previous investment.

Oh, and thanks for all the Freebies!
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cheers devs and all, nice freebie. Thanks. :)
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • ocelot2ocelot2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Finally, a company that understands you have to give in order to get. Thanks to y'all. :-D
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fhbradley wrote: »
    Same here... can't wait to get in...

At the rate this is going, you'd think they'd added LoR: Part 2 instead of just a new lockbox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A Rhode Island? Cryptic, this giveaway rocks! :D

You're giving me all the nice little things I wanted to get in STO, but somehow couldn't get to it yet! :)
    I considered getting the Rhode Island because I always loved the look of her saucer in comparison to the Nova. Now I'll have the Rhode skin and I think you helped me with a dilemma about getting the Fleet Science Vessel Retrofit. Thanks!

And the Phalanx is really a nice looking ship with a funky console. I expect having some fun with that console for the lolz. :D

Needles to say, once again I didn't own any of these ships. That puts me at 6/6 bonus from the giveaway. Whatever happens tomorrow, this giveaway was very fruitful for me! :) Thank you for that!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • fhbradleyfhbradley Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    AWESOME that you're giving away science vessels! I already have 'em both, but I know this is gonna make some of my fleeties very happy. Thanks!!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Might have missed out on the past 3 days due to already having the items, but I am certain that I haven't obtained these ships. Will at least grab the ships for the consoles. Not sure if I will ever fly them. Good job on this and waiting to see what is available for tomorrow.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmmm, so the smart money is on a couple of 2k zen ships tomorrow.

I know many think it'll be the D'Kyr, however I have my fingers crossed (fed side) for the Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit.

As for the klingons, it's hard to see what ship they'll go for.

I tend to think they may avoid the ships available from the VA token, for preserving the value of subscription purposes, which leaves them few choices at 2k zen.

However, at 2500 zen there's the Guramba and maybe, just maybe one of the Bortasqu variants.
    edited August 2013
    At the rate this is going, you'd think they'd added LoR: Part 2 instead of just a new lockbox.

It's probably due to the extended maintenance time and free stuff. One left folks waiting around get on, the other motivates more folks to log in each day Monday through Friday...

A perfect storm for the creation of veerrryyyy sllooowwww patching :P

I probably should've started the patch during maintenance. Whoops.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, thanks Cryptic!

I think the Phalanx is definitely the finer pressie here, loving barrier field, though Rhode Island is nice too.

Here's hoping tomorrows are T5.

Come to think of it, if the figures Bran provided a few days were accurate, the next two pretty much have to be T5.

Please be Excelsior, Please be Excelsior, Please be Excelsior (:
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That almost sounds ungrateful. Cryptic didn't have to do this at all, and they certainly didn't have to give away 6 ships from the c-store free of charge. Also, the fact that this is a 750z fed ship brings the numbers I was coming up with more in line with branflakes' math. They wouldn't give the KDF a 750z ship because their tier 2 ship is brand new with LoR. Don't complain, a free ship (and by extension a free console) is a free ship (and a free console!). Let me say it again: FREE.

they still couldve gave an 1000 zen fed ship since brandon said OVER 7500 zen total doesnt mean 8000 zen wouldnt of been that far off and would still be in line with his math and be more equal to the teir 3 kdf ship they did give out today

edit: this isnt a rant about todays items being free at all. i am saying they couldve put more thought into it thats all and even out the prices and know that the teir 2 kdf ship wouldnt of gotten chosen anyways
  • smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do I actually need to buy the free ship (taking up a ship slot) or is it enough that I just buy the unlock on the C-Store... as I don't have extra ship slots yet, after nabbing the small craft. (the fighter PvE's, btw, are AWESOME!!! so much fun :D ... need to raise the roof on the atmospheric one tho. I constantly hit it when climbing away from the battle to heal or get ready for another strafing run)

-- Smoov
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WOW! :eek:

Excellent giveaways!!! Thank you very much Cryptic!
    server_hamster6.png
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For those keeping track, this means that the ships offered tomorrow will be 2500 ZEN ships.

Fed-side, that leaves:

Dreadnought
    MVAM
    One of the Odysseys
    One of the Vesta variants
    One of the Andorian variants
    Atrox
    Armitage
    Regent

Klingon-side, it means:
    One of the Bortasqu'
    Guramba

My money is on either one of the Odysseys and one of the Bortasqu' (encouraging buying the other versions)...

Or Guramba and Dreadnought.

Or Guramba and Atrox.

Or Guramba and Regent. (I think Regents underperformed and way too many of the other Fed-ships listed are 10 console, expected to get a revamp as the Dreadnought eventually will, or are just plain too sweet to be free. The Regent is a bit boring but would excite people as a freebie, largely for the wide angle quantums.)

I doubt it would be MVAM (still a sweet ride), Armitage (high end power), Andorian (high end power), Vesta (high end power). I'd lean against the Dreadnought (probably getting upgraded) or the Atrox (free carrier incoming). I'd lean slightly away from the Bortasqu' and the Odyssey (10 console ships... but the marketing pitch of giving one away free is nice).

So my gut would be to say Guramba and Regent. Guramba is slightly better, I think, but the Regent torpedo is useful and it might encourage people to get Fleet Sovereigns.
    edited August 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    they still couldve gave an 1000 zen fed ship since brandon said OVER 7500 zen total doesnt mean 8000 zen wouldnt of been that far off and would still be in line with his math and be more equal to the teir 3 kdf ship they did give out today

They could have. But the KDF sort of got the short end of the stick, with the first days being costumes for fed side only. Maybe this is their way of making up for that.

On a related note, this has opened up additional possibilities as to what ships will be available tomorrow. As in: they may not both be tier 5. They could let KDF players have a 2500z ship (or fed players) and give the other faction a 1500z ship.

I doubt it highly, but it is a remote possibility.
    edited August 2013
    smoovious wrote: »
    Do I actually need to buy the free ship (taking up a ship slot) or is it enough that I just buy the unlock on the C-Store... as I don't have extra ship slots yet, after nabbing the small craft. (the fighter PvE's, btw, are AWESOME!!! so much fun :D ... need to raise the roof on the atmospheric one tho. I constantly hit it when climbing away from the battle to heal or get ready for another strafing run)

-- Smoov

You do need the ship slot, but it is a C-Store purchase at a 100% discount. That means that it is an account-wide, permanent unlock. You can "Claim" the ship and decommission it, do the same with tomorrow's freebie, then fill that single slot with whichever ship you want for the long haul. Plus, you get access to some Universal Consoles.

Really, it's well worth opening up a ship slot for temporary use today and tomorrow. If you filled your last slot with the Yellowstone or To'Duj, you can dismiss that and reclaim it after getting your Freebies in order to keep your actual starships.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you, and thank you for including both factions.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Argh already own all this stuff lol. :D
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Something just struck me and I wanted to ask for clarification.

When I claim, say, the Rhode Island through my Federation character, I'm now free to later claim it for my Fed-allied Romulan. My question is:

Can my Fed-Allied Romulan now move that Photonic Displacer Module across to use with a Republic starship?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    edited August 2013
    For those keeping track, this means that the ships offered tomorrow will be 2500 ZEN ships.

uhm. check your math again. 1100 (2 costume packs) + 1000 (2 shuttles) + 750 (rhode island) + 1000 (phalanx) + 5000 (2 2500z ships) = 8850. branflakes said "over 7500 zen" worth of items.

Now, they *could* release a 2500z ship, but only for one faction. The other faction would then have to get a 1500z ship. This would leave players of the faction getting the cheap ship feeling very cheated, and I'm sure Cryptic doesn't want that.

I'd bet on both factions getting T5 2000z ships. That adds up to 7850, which is in line with the numbers.
  • celticfistcohcelticfistcoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What level do you characters have to be to claim the Day 4 prizes?

Also, for the expect T5 ship on Day 5, does your character have to be level 50?

Thanks
    edited August 2013
    What level do you characters have to be to claim the Day 4 prizes?

Also, for the expect T5 ship on Day 5, does your character have to be level 50?

Thanks

10 for Fed, 20 for klingon. If the day 5 ships are both 2000z t5s, then you need to be at least 40. If there's a 1500z and a 2500z, you'll need 30 for the 1500, and 50 for the 2500z.
  • alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fed-side, that leaves:
    Dreadnought
    MVAM
    One of the Odysseys
    One of the Vesta variants
    One of the Andorian variants
    Atrox
    Armitage
    Regent

Klingon-side, it means:
    One of the Bortasqu'
    Guramba
    my hopes for guramba and mvae. gal-x and regent would be also nice.
    sadly there are still no fleet versions of guramba and gal-x. :(
This discussion has been closed.