test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• xbl4ckh4wk1xxbl4ckh4wk1x Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I still have the missing shorts thingy in leeta's jupiter outfit.Cna't find the shorts anywhere.Please fix this ,thx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Another issue with the Terran uniforms:

We can't use the Odyssey Excursion arm attach pockets with the sleeved Terran Odyssey jackets, since those jackets are categorized Bare Chest and those attachments aren't available in that category. The very similar Enterprise Mirror jacket is in Jacket Loose and we can use the pockets with it.

They were shown as being usable with the jackets in the promo image, so I hope this gets sorted out, they really do look good on them.

(The forums seem to have eaten my previous post, sorry if this shows up twice)

-edit-

The image also seems to show being able to recolor the piping on the Odyssey jackets. We can do that with the standard ones, but not the Terran ones.

Is the female Odyssey jacket not using the shoulder color for the collar intentional? It's inconsistent with the normal Odyssey jackets and the male Terran jacket.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    @callevista : For the Terran Uniforms, isn't the the top that Leeta wears supposed to be available for female characters? What about her gloves? Are they supposed to be available as well?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I still have the missing shorts thingy in leeta's jupiter outfit.Cna't find the shorts anywhere.Please fix this ,thx

The shorts aren't in the Jupiter box. They're in the Odyssey box.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Hmm, doesn't look like the fixes for Terran uniforms cleared verification for this NEXT week's patch, either, according to patch notes. :/​​
    Post edited by tasshena on
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    BUG: The Tail Length and Tail Thickness Sliders no longer do anything on Male and Female Caitians and Ferasans. Both sliders act like they are at max (all the way to the right) on ALL player characters, ALL BOffs, and ALL NPCs ALL the time.

I made this exact same post...back in July of 2015. And the bug had been around for a few months at that point.

Is there any chance that this can be looked at? At the very least, your NPCs look really bad running around with this bug in place and their tails dragging on the ground...and have been doing so for half a year now.​​
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nxenterprise02nxenterprise02 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

The shorts aren't in the Jupiter box. They're in the Odyssey box.

Well they should be. After all, the photo of the box shows both Leeta's shorts and her sleeved jacket. Both are missing from the pack.

Well they should be. After all, the photo of the box shows both Leeta's shorts and her sleeved jacket. Both are missing from the pack.

I got her Jupiter variant in the Jupiter box... *scratches head*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited February 2016

I got her Jupiter variant in the Jupiter box... *scratches head*

Their own promotion is the fault of this. Every bit of promotional art showed Leeta in the shorts. EVERY BIT. Then they bait and switch it with a costume she wears in one battlezone, a uniform I don't recall seeing ANYWHERE in promo (trashy looks sell, after all). That's very glaring.

Also, another week, and the fixes callevista claimed were coming apparently still aren't done, did that one for the armbands ever clear verification even, since it was supposed to be there three weeks ago?​​
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    All the Terran fixes are currently on Tribble, not that you can use them since character transfer and using characters already there are disabled. When they'll show up on Holodeck, I don't know.
  • darkdamnaithdarkdamnaith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Found another missing texture bug:
    When using the off-duty Original Series Medical t-shirt arms vanish.
    302F65117A981C004B615E44EA645E1D55B2B55F
    The fixes to the Terran costumes are now on Redshirt. The rank bars for BOFFs only go up to lieutenant commander. The shoulders for males still clip, especially in the Brawler stance. The shorts still appear to be only in the Odyssey box and the knife is apparently only in the Jupiter.
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    The updates that are on the test server will be coming soon I'm told. We are also working on more updates that will likely go live next week. Thank you for your feedback as always!
    callevista wrote: »
    The updates that are on the test server will be coming soon I'm told. We are also working on more updates that will likely go live next week. Thank you for your feedback as always!

Hey callevista, thanks for the updates :)

I reported a few more minor issues here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1212287/terran-uniform-issues-still-present-after-2-22-patch
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Thanks!
  • galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    tasshena wrote: »
    Their own promotion is the fault of this. Every bit of promotional art showed Leeta in the shorts. EVERY BIT. Then they bait and switch it with a costume she wears in one battlezone, a uniform I don't recall seeing ANYWHERE in promo (trashy looks sell, after all). That's very glaring.
    ​​

If bait and switch truly was the intent, then no one here is stupid. You are correct; on the game client launcher, promotional art, the Leeta BOFF, and her appearances in mission are all while wearing the shorts. And let's be honest here; many of us got these costume packs primarily because of the shorts. I'm no different...I would have paid a (fair) price just to purchase them as a single item.

If deception truly was their intent, I feel we are more than entitled to demand a fix, or if they balk further, then demand they make a purchase of the Terran Jupiter and Odyssey packs account-wide, not just per-character. These packs aren't exactly cheap, and we have no alternative for originally purchasing other than Lobi.

Play fair, Cryptic. These costume sets were a community favorite and a request. You're going to make money off them no matter what...don't be greedy, and if this was your intent from the start, then for God's sake have the fraking spine to admit it to the community.
    edited February 2016
    tasshena wrote: »

If bait and switch truly was the intent, then no one here is stupid. You are correct; on the game client launcher, promotional art, the Leeta BOFF, and her appearances in mission are all while wearing the shorts. And let's be honest here; many of us got these costume packs primarily because of the shorts. I'm no different...I would have paid a (fair) price just to purchase them as a single item.

If deception truly was their intent, I feel we are more than entitled to demand a fix, or if they balk further, then demand they make a purchase of the Terran Jupiter and Odyssey packs account-wide, not just per-character. These packs aren't exactly cheap, and we have no alternative for originally purchasing other than Lobi.

Play fair, Cryptic. These costume sets were a community favorite and a request. You're going to make money off them no matter what...don't be greedy, and if this was your intent from the start, then for God's sake have the fraking spine to admit it to the community.

I certainly wouldn't mind the unlocks being made account wide. And your 'alternative' to purchasing them is to look for them on the Exchange, where they were going at one point at least for the cost of selling 20 lock box keys. :p

Glad to hear the fixes are starting to come to Redshirt. Will look forward to seeing more of them.​​
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    Some updates I expect to hit next week:
    - Colors on Terran Odyssey Uppers have had the 4th color choice added
    - Terran Shorts will be fully tintable
    -Terran Uppers have been adjusted to minimize clipping.
    -The Terran Shorts not appearing for some players has been resolved and a fix is coming.
    - Chests that were not appearing for some players have been fixed.
    - Hips/Legs that were not appearing for some players have been fixed.
    - Additional Terran Accessories have been added as well to the Terran Jupiter Set.
    Anyone else getting lag when working in the Tailor these days?
    GrWzQke.png
    callevista wrote: »
    - Additional Terran Accessories have been added as well to the Terran Jupiter Set.

Oh neat, could you elaborate? :)

And thanks again!
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Well would like to start with thanking for the improvements to the Terran Outfit! But unfortunately I have a new issue to bring up.
    The Terran Shorts colors are off, its impossible to get them truly "black" like with the other uniform parts.

This picture is with both Top and Shorts set to color H1.
    TerranShorts_zpsv8tv4spu.jpg

As you can see the shorts becomes more of a gunmetal grey.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Thanks to the devs and anyone else who helped for fixing a lot of issues with the Terran Mirror Universe uniforms! I'm happy I can now assign ranks and com-badges to the uniforms. I also do have a couple points/issues:

1) My female BOFFs cannot wear the Odyssey com-badges currently. They are not given an option for them while wearing the "Terran - Odyssey" upper, but are available on all other upper options that I tested (including the "Terran - Odyssey Sleaveless". Male sleeveless do have the option to where these badges.

2) I would really like to see more pip options available than just the Terran/Mirror top shoulder. One of the best things about STO is the ability to "kit-bash" different options together to get that look each user wants. I'd love to be able to see the normal pip options available on the Terran Mirror Universe like what's used on all other uniforms. This way we can have a 24th century looking options other than the ones used in the Enterprise era (which we don't see during the TOS episode).

That's all for now. Thanks again.
    aV2IRVJ.png
    I have noticed that a couple ranks are missing from the Terran set: Commander, Lieutenant J.G., and Rear Admiral Upper. Don't know if this was intentional or not. Also... they're in alphabetical order.

Loving the rank set though. And the ability to wear more badges.

As for other issues, STILL got clipping on the Mirror Bortasqu uniform around the shoulder blades on females, and there is some minor clipping around the edges of the Terran shorts. The shorts are not really noticable unless you're paying attention, and even then, its just around the cuff on the legs so its minor. I'd say the Mirror Bortasqu uniform's would be more of a priority between the two.
    Thank you for the fixes! I'm so glad I can put the Starfleet tag on the mirror top now... ^_^ Make it look properly 'fleet' even if it's a mirror based uniform. ^_^​​
    Anyone else getting clipping with the Jupiter Boots around the back of the calves?

Also, the Tailor is lagging, big time. Not responsive to selections, or very slow to respond. Anyone else have this problem?
    GrWzQke.png
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    loving all the mirror stuff. just waiting till i get enough money to grind some more lobi boxes
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

Thanks again for the fixes Callevista, my Terran outfits look great now!

This is more of a request than an actual issue, but would it be possible to enable the Terran ranks as options for the standard and open Sierra/Antares/Jupiter/Odyssey jackets? Having them would let us give our Terran-themed characters and boffs some more variety :)
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Mirror Universe Uniform (Lobi Store)

I recently purchased the Romulan Mirror Universe Uniform on a Starfleet Aligned Romulan to use on a specific BOFF (Android).
    Then I discovered it was not available!

After some thorough analysis, I determined the reason, the costume option was not available because the BOFF in question was restricted to the Starfleet template options (because this BOFF was classified as Starfleet) and as such, has no access to the costume I just purchased.
    I then did a reverse analysis, loaded a Starfleet Captain with a Romulan BOFF (Liberated Borg Sci) and that BOFF doesn't have access to the new uniform option either.

In my opinion, this is a failure of Cryptic to realize the most basic fact of costuming in Star Trek Online, just because you belong to one faction doesn't mean your BOFFs will.
    For example, a Starfleet Captain can have Romulan and KDF BOFFs.

As a result. I am proposing the costume option purchased be revised to be a tri-uniform unlock.
    That is, your Captain gets the uniform option to which their faction belongs, but the BOFFs gain access to the uniform option appropriate to their faction, whatever it may be.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Also, the Tailor is lagging, big time. Not responsive to selections, or very slow to respond. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah I've been noticing that for a few weeks now. Haven't been able to pin down any settings which seem to solve the issue but it is getting incredibly slow. Even just selecting colours for different uniform parts is lagging.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!

Yeah I've been noticing that for a few weeks now. Haven't been able to pin down any settings which seem to solve the issue but it is getting incredibly slow. Even just selecting colours for different uniform parts is lagging.
    ​​

Exactly! I don't seem to get this anywhere else in the game. And, it seems if I spend too much time in the Tailor, the game will crash on me.
    GrWzQke.png