test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Federation-Reman BOFFs only giving Klingon-flavoured uniform options

diabranddiabrand Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I appear to have the same bug twice on my account.

I purchased from the Exchange two very rare (purple) Reman bridge officers for two of my Romulan Republic characters. As usual I selected the option that limits Exchange items to what is usable to my character so I thought nothing about it.

It seems these bridge officers must have been generated on a Klingon-aligned Romulan Republic character as I only get the Reman-Klingon costume option and Romulan-Klingon option instead of the Federation varieties.

I have logged out and logged back in to the game to see if that refreshes the costume option. It didn't.

I tried loading a costume from my exported outfits but it doesn't recognise that they are Federation-aligned Romulan Republic characters (although if I select load outfit it will show them). As such I can only load neutral outfits like the Nemesis outfit on said characters.

If I select either of the Klingon-flavoured costume options, which would be unusable by my character, I get an offduty costume made from available costome parts for my account.

I have no option to use the Federation flavoured costumes :(
"I am .. the storm that rains devastaton on our foes."
Post edited by diabrand on

Comments

• bane1987bane1987 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I have same issue with my V. Rare Exchange bought Romulan BOff (Am Rom/Fed), only able to use Klingon Aligned clothing options.
    – Akh i-Ra’tleihfi tr’Illialhlae – R.R.W. Khallianen – IDIC Rihannsu
    – Stivan – V.S.S. Dutarik – IDIC Rihannsu
    – Ra’khoi – I.R.W. Taortuu’en – KDF Rihannsu
    – Jonathan Masters – U.S.S. Timot Danlen – IDIC Rihannsu
  • beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well I wound up with opposite problem and can't use either outfits for them. Only neutral and republic ones. :( This is the problem with doing a cross race the way they did. It screws up all the tables and DBs are pesky things if they don't do the queries right.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,461 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Fed allied Romulan with Exchange bought BOffs as well. Got access to KDF uniform parts on them. Just stuck with neutral Republic uniforms when I customized them.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • diabranddiabrand Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I wound up with opposite problem and can't use either outfits for them. Only neutral and republic ones. :( This is the problem with doing a cross race the way they did. It screws up all the tables and DBs are pesky things if they don't do the queries right.

Yeah I got the same problem you have (the reverse of my origina) where I have a Klingon-aligned Reman with access only to Federation uniform options.
  • diabranddiabrand Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Until this is addressed - assuming it ever will be - I decided to work around by having my team wear Temporal Jumpsuits (you know the ones ... black, ribbed) so the problem with that is apparently the Starfleet and KDF have different palettes. So creating a uniform look (the purpose of a uniform) is getting frustrating and even more limited than I thought.

/sigh
  • oblivius3000oblivius3000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having similar issues. My Federation aligned Reman BOff has no options for the Reman Federation Allegiance uniform. All my Romulan BOffs have the Romulan Federation Allegiance uniform and they look great but my Reman BOff looks out of place in her civilan attire. :(
  • nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've had this same issue and reported it multiple times. So far, I've gotten no responses to any tickets, so I've just stopped buying romulan boffs and they're all using the republic uniform or the reman nemesis uniform. Sucks because they're so expensive and it's like gambling, you have to unpack the boff to see which allegiance it actually has. Idk why they didn't tie the BOFFs allegiance to the captain, but idk why they do a lot of the things they do in this game.
  • shadow71shadow71 Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2014
    Ha I wished I would have checked this post first but it so much trash hunting around for info because I just had this same issue. Trying to get your crew the way you want it for the Rom is like pulling out a tooth with toothpicks. I don't understand why this company tie so many of their codes in knots. Roms seem to have been just tossed out instead of a well thought up plan for them. There actually should be two sides to the Roms since some are Feds and some are the all mighty KDF (tell what side I am? lol).
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As it stands now it is simply the luck of the draw as to which faction specific boff you get. As for me I have a mix of both fed/kdf reman/romulan boff's.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just found this post, after spending 12M ec to get my ideal crew...5 of the 7 BOFFS I bought cant wear FED/ROM costumes...really?!?!? Who's coding this game :confused:
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium