Options

Literary Challenge #47 Discussion Thread

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    masopw wrote: »
    :eek: I've never been so offended reading something about Star Trek. I mean...Pepsi? Being found with that in your system is an automatic court martial with option for capital punishment. But seriously, well done, racy but still tasteful. Got a few of the references...but because you challenged us to find them, I found myself reading too much into things and was waaay off base. (ex: the line about cruise bunnies while you go racing...I went to Days of Thunder - Tom Cruise, racing, track bunnies. Or the line about sun-deck, Princess bar...I went to the Love Boat...Pacific Princess, sun-deck...expected Issac to be serving drinks.) Interesting intro to the new counsellor...you've got to be either earnest or insane to intrude on your boss's shore leave without an invite!
    In this case, a little of both, or rather, sick of riding transport shuttles to Amanda's last reported locations to assume her duties, only to miss her departure each time, so driven to extreme measures :cool: Thanks for the feedback, it's very much appreciated :) The cruise bunnies is pretty close, ie a meeting of racers being refered to as a cruise, and the girls being the bunnies :cool:
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    masopw wrote: »
    @danqueller: Ok...when do the rainbow torps come into the game!?! :D Can't wait for the retrieval mission!

Well, all you have to do to get those specialized torps is talk to your friendly neighborhood Tal'Shair monitor and let them know you know about them.

Of course, they are very specialized weapons that only have an effect on the unique power generators used on the hybrid Cubes (and you can tell how well that worked out for the Tal'Shiar), so it's quite possible they'll just give them to you for a modest sum and a small session in their 'Advanced Sleeper Agent Orientation' class.

If they can find any intact in what's left of the sentry ships at the former shipyard, of course. :)