test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - July 18, 2013

salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
We already brought down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.31.20130714a.3

This build will be pushed around 2pm, so please enjoy the preemptive patchnotes.

General:
  • Normalized the hitpoints gained by frigates as they increase their rank, they were slightly too high.
  • Ferjai Frigates have been improved, they should now be more competitive with other frigate pets.
  • The Romulan Formal Uniform has been renamed in the tailor to Republic Dress Uniform.
  • Romulan combadges have been added the the two Romulan veteran uniforms.
Post edited by salamiinferno on

Comments

• Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ...[*]Romulan combadges have been added the the two Romulan veteran uniforms.
    [/LIST]
    Will the KDF be seeing expanded Vet uniforms? KDF received some accessoies (shoulder pads, wrist bands, a belt). The Feds and Roms get full uniforms.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm still not being recognized as a veteran. I don't have access to the veteran ship or uniforms.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    is the admiral uniform even in the build this time? romulans have com badges now? does the vet ship transform yet
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will the KDF be seeing expanded Vet uniforms? KDF received some accessoies (shoulder pads, wrist bands, a belt). The Feds and Roms get full uniforms.
    Pesonally, I would love to see all 3 factions get full uniforms and accessories.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    [*]Ferjai Frigates have been improved, they should now be more competitive with other frigate pets.

Can we have a bit more detail on how they have been improved? Does this have to do with duel cannons on pets and if so, will it be applied to Birds of Prey?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    already brought down eh? the dress uniform still is called the formal
  • Options
    mineforfishmineforfish Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Personally I'd rather have the opposite, with Fed and Rom getting accessories. I prefer the KDF way because it lets you mix and match the stuff into another uniform if you want. I don't particularly like the one option we get for the Fed vet uniforms and they're all or none.
  • Options
    nalfyrnalfyr Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2013

This build will be pushed around 2pm, so please enjoy the preemptive patchnotes.

[/LIST]

its still not 2pm time in dev land.. so be patient and as he said enjoy the notes Before they patch it
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    I'm still not being recognized as a veteran. I don't have access to the veteran ship or uniforms.

Are you actually a veteran, or just LTS? Tribble's vet rewards go on your actual veteran status, which you can check here: https://my.perfectworld.com/account/sto

• Options
    twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cuatela wrote: »
    Are you actually a veteran, or just LTS? Tribble's vet rewards go on your actual veteran status, which you can check here: https://my.perfectworld.com/account/sto

2 people in my fleet are 350 or so day LTS and they're flying the Veteran Ship, its certainly a bug

Are the Devs aware of this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    Can we have a bit more detail on how they have been improved? Does this have to do with duel cannons on pets and if so, will it be applied to Birds of Prey?

Yes, this was an AI update. We're being intentionally vague because improving AI routines is always sort of a nebulous affair.

The long version is that we updated many pets' behaviors to more frequently favor firing front-arc weapons. This will be most obvious on the Ferjai Frigates because their AI was previously really bad (other pets were OK), so they'll see the most obvious improvement.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This should improve the DPS with the steep drop off, but is anything being done regarding power frequency to make up for not being able to refresh fighters.

EDIT: Never mind, I found your response in the feedback thread. Thank you, can't wait to hear how you guys plan on addressing the ability cool downs. I really hope Elite Scorpions don't receive to stiff a penalty to this considering the amount of time and resources I put into getting them (on multiple toons).
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, this was an AI update. We're being intentionally vague because improving AI routines is always sort of a nebulous affair.

The long version is that we updated many pets' behaviors to more frequently favor firing front-arc weapons. This will be most obvious on the Ferjai Frigates because their AI was previously really bad (other pets were OK), so they'll see the most obvious improvement.

Will this improve the Orion slavers steal rate that seems to be bugged and not working at all?
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    justin2384 wrote: »
    Will this improve the Orion slavers steal rate that seems to be bugged and not working at all?

The two are completely unrelated.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    commanderkorcommanderkor Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Romulan Admirals Uniform is still missing, only showing the formal outfit, and I've had a sub since STO launch so def not an issue of veteran status.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Other pets were ok? My BoP just fly in big ol' circles around the CE pinging it with their turrets. They rarely point their front weapons at it.

Is it possible to include AI for "strafing runs" into Raiders and other "front-arc" pets? Initiate Buffing abilities, Fly straight at target unleashing payload. Fly past target 3-5k, don't stop, but make a nice tight 180 loop (firing turrets the whole time, of course). When facing target again, rebuff abilities (when/if ready), repeat.

Against things like Tac Cubes, STF Gates, CE, or other large stationary (or nearly) targets, this sort of tactic seems ideal.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Other pets were ok? My BoP just fly in big ol' circles around the CE pinging it with their turrets. They rarely point their front weapons at it.

Is it possible to include AI for "strafing runs" into Raiders and other "front-arc" pets? Initiate Buffing abilities, Fly straight at target unleashing payload. Fly past target 3-5k, don't stop, but make a nice tight 180 loop (firing turrets the whole time, of course). When facing target again, rebuff abilities (when/if ready), repeat.

Against things like Tac Cubes, STF Gates, CE, or other large stationary (or nearly) targets, this sort of tactic seems ideal.
    Since they're being vague on how hard it is to code AI, this seems like it could also be an advanced command. On top of the standard "attack my target", there could be "attack run this target", "orbit this target", etc.
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to report that I remain unable to view this "Romulan Veteran Admiral" outfit on my Romulan Female Vice-Admiral.

I've checked all 3 Jacket Loose, Jacket Tight and Vest tabs under Uniforms (Formal Wear and Offduty also don't have it, which is no surprise).

I'm a Lifetime Subscriber, and my account has been active for over 1200+ days.

The character I imported to Tribble already received all the Veteran accolades she could on Holodeck, and has been able to access the Veteran Shuttle, Veteran Ship, the Republic Dress Uniform and the Republic Veteran badges (1 through 4).

I'm not too impressed with the Romulan Veteran badges. They look very two-dimensional. Not to mention they look more like medals than an actual combadge.

Wouldn't a communication device fit better on the forearm, where a Romulan taps before beaming out? A fancy bracer that doesn't clip at the wrist could've been nice to have.

Also, dual shoulder pads still look oversized since the Romulan TNG costumes came out. Please fix this and return it to the way it was.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2 people in my fleet are 350 or so day LTS and they're flying the Veteran Ship, its certainly a bug

Are the Devs aware of this?

All new lts get instant access to all rewards u do know that yes??
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Since they're being vague on how hard it is to code AI, this seems like it could also be an advanced command. On top of the standard "attack my target", there could be "attack run this target", "orbit this target", etc.
    Yeah, Bort post as much in another thread. Oh well.

• Options
    twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    All new lts get instant access to all rewards u do know that yes??

Every LTS member whether new or old get access to the Veteran rewards, Ive been LTS since December. Other than a 10 month out ive played since beta though.. just not subscribed all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Do like the Addition of the combadges gives the Romulan unifor finaly some finishing touches.

In regards to the Lifetime Combadge i hope the FED/KDF one is just a placeholder until we get a Republic Combadge, forcing us to either join FED or KDF was bad enough but i rather stay proud to wear a Republic insignia then showing of FED or KDF Colors.

And that's bring's me a question:
    #1 Any eta when can expect Fleet Emblems to Show on Warbirds?
    #2 Are there any plans to add Advanced and Elite Romulan armamend to Fleet Stores?
    #3 With Taskforce Omega just rewarding either FED or KDF themed ground gear with phaser or disruptor damage, are there Plasma Version in development. Would love to wear a proper republic commando Armor with maybe a split beam. ;)

Anyway love the small additions to the Romi costumes. Well appreciated that those are delivered in such a short time after LoR release.
  • Options
    shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like I need to jump on Tribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    General:
    • Ferjai Frigates have been improved, they should now be more competitive with other frigate pets.

Any chance on getting stalker fighters improved just saying...
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    redlead3rredlead3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is it possible to apply the "try to evade warp core breach" behavior to Photonic Fleet too?

Formerly redleader - Real join date is July 2008
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    redlead3r wrote: »
    Is it possible to apply the "try to evade warp core breach" behavior to Photonic Fleet too?

If it uses the same basic AI as other space pets (and I think it does), then it should already be changed.
  • Options
    deathdealergoddeathdealergod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    are the elite ferjais tricobalts working as intended because there thy3 tricobalts are hitting for a average of 6k on a target with no shields and a max hit ive seen is 20k vs a thy3 tricobalt normally hits for 90k on a crit not 20k the same goes for there mines low damage for what they are
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The cloaking device on the Elite Stalker Fighters is not working.

It flashes on for a split second, but then vanishes. It isn't even active long enough to make the "cloak sound."
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am a LTS but haven't played for a 1000 days yet, however I cannot purchase the vet ship with the voucher I got from the Ship Req. I also cannot see the Romulan Uniform and or the veteran badges.