test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mailbox Limits? Why Now? :(

1235»

Comments

• milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please give us a mass way to delete the exchange spam. You made the rules, you give us the tools to allow efficient compliance, not asking for much, just common courtesy.

Also timers for exchange items would be kinda nice, if just a 'days left' so i can pull things off when it is near the end of the sale. Really if I saw something was up for a few days I would drop the price. I am not in it for a killing, just a decent profit for my toils.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You want to know why a mail limit now?

So they can SELL us extra mail space! :mad:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess that's true, but I don't know still, I mean I have always encouraged people to actually send me tribbles they don't want so I can "take care of them" - It''s been my thing since day 1, and I feel like its being taken away in a sense.

So in essence, my mailbox is going to be locked down because I don't have the heart to remove any of these mails.

Also because of that, me telling people to send me unwanted tribbles, there was even a "Tribble Drive" from a group of friends of mine to send me 1,000 Tribbles. I was sent literally 1,000 Tribbles during one of my shows on SSR and since then that collection has grown.

Can see how I'm at a loss here, I don't have the heart to remove them.

So lost >.<

Sell them on the Exchange for 1 Cr a piece.

I always get a few off the Exchange for a landing party when I start a new Toon and I'm sure many other's do as well.

They will be taken care of by people that will be using them and you will make a few cred.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hfmudd wrote: »
    We all have things that we value, in this game or otherwise. I imagine that many people would be upset if they had their STF or fleet gear, that they ground for until their fingers and/or eyeballs bled, taken away - even though those too are "just pixels."

I think the OP is going about it the right way, taking screenshots of the gifts they've received over the years. And I find it darkly ironic, yet entirely consistent, that PWE is (further) tightening mail limits and trying to reduce the amount of server resources they need to store our mail, while at the same time planning to (sooner or later) make mandatory their ARC launcher, which includes the infamous "Pando Media Booster" - a program that uses your computer and your bandwidth to distribute installs and patches through a torrent network, so that they don't have to pay for servers that would do that.

Easy Fix:

Control Panel: Pando: Uninstall.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You want to know why a mail limit now?

So they can SELL us extra mail space! :mad:

Somehow I doubt it, there might be new storage options but they are never going to sell mail storage slots in the c-store. I'd bet money on it.

Maybe a doff storage system, but not the mail. C'mon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Somehow I doubt it, there might be new storage options but they are never going to sell mail storage slots in the c-store. I'd bet money on it.

Maybe a doff storage system, but not the mail. C'mon.

they already have a doff storage system.. you can buy up to 300 more doffs per char..
    for like 2200 zen..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    And in this case, mail as storage has obviously become a problem.

Why? What is the problem?

for 3 years there was no problem... database can't be it or it would have happened sooner.

FREE STORAGE is more likely the problem = overly aggressive monetization (and to that i have to say, i bought ALL the slots possible, and i still can't BANK BOffs and DOffs in acceptable numbers.)

Stopping the Mail to be used as storage isn't even a problem, the LACK OF ALTERNATIVES is a problem!

Where the hell am i supposed to bank all those dozens and dozens of Bridge Officers that have piled up over time... you know the ones with the good abilities that you can not train yourself, neither can the BOff Trainer, nobody will buy that stuff on the exchange either because you can't filter for it so you bank it in the only way possible -> mail it to yourself.

oh well...

i guess instead of just discarding i will be supportive of the Devs and just mail all of my awesome rare BOffs to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    i guess instead of just discarding i will be supportive of the Devs and just mail all of my awesome rare BOffs to them.

That is a pretty good idea. I wonder how many people we can get to send the devs a load of mail full of "stuff" ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No you didn't. The devs didn't break the feature. If you wanted to fix it you'd have posted

:P

Heh, you're trying too hard to be a troll.
    Perhaps we could have a meaningful discussion if you knew WTF you're talking about, but I doubt I'll live long enough to see you get a clue.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited July 2013
    This one from todays patch notes floored me:
    Summer Event

Added mail services to the consoles in the resort.

So...If using the mail system for storage is such a big exploit that needed to be squashed WHY did they need to add a mail terminal to Risa for the summer event ?

Anyone ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

So...If using the mail system for storage is such a big exploit that needed to be squashed WHY did they need to add a mail terminal to Risa for the summer event ?

Anyone ?

so you could send stuff to other characters without having to have an account bank or going to a different area. For example, you could be trying to get a lot of a favors on several characters, then Mail them to another character, or if you got something off the exchange while you were on risa,

It sounds likes your complaining about it for the sake of complaining. I is common sense why you would have in one there, especially because they have a bank and an exchange already
    edited July 2013
    so you could send stuff to other characters without having to have an account bank or going to a different area. For example, you could be trying to get a lot of a favors on several characters, then Mail them to another character, or if you got something off the exchange while you were on risa,

It sounds likes your complaining about it for the sake of complaining. I is common sense why you would have in one there, especially because they have a bank and an exchange already

It's still storage, and a workaround to having to purchase a subscription to get an account bank, right ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited July 2013
    And people with that attitude is what caused the email feature to break from being misused and incurred the limits that have now been placed on it.

Again you totally miss the point. IF you are using the mail for item storage you are exploiting the mail system (according to the devs and you), SO why would they put mail access into the event to allow for the summer event items to be stored (even temporarily) ?

:confused:

(I have an account bank, so my attitude isn't something you can question)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited July 2013
    Again you totally miss the point. IF you are using the mail for item storage you are exploiting the mail system (according to the devs and you), SO why would they put mail access into the event to allow for the summer event items to be stored (even temporarily) ?

:confused:

(I have an account bank, so my attitude isn't something you can question)

I never said it should be used for storage, but to MAIL stuff to other characters so they can use them, stop complaining for the sake of complaining.
    edited July 2013
    I never said it should be used for storage, but to MAIL stuff to other characters so they can use them, stop complaining for the sake of complaining.

So you see a difference between you sending summer event items to your other toons, and me sending DOFF's to my other toons ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited July 2013
    So you see a difference between you sending summer event items to your other toons, and me sending DOFF's to my other toons ?

According to you, you never actually sent them to your other toons, just kept them in your mailbox. There is a difference between leaving something in the mail until you log onto the other character to grab it and just leaving it there.
    edited July 2013
    According to you, you never actually sent them to your other toons, just kept them in your mailbox. There is a difference between leaving something in the mail until you log onto the other character to grab it and just leaving it there.

I didn't just leave it there, I just haven't logged into my other toons for the last 6 months.
    ;)

...Show me where I said I never actually sent them to my other toons.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This one from todays patch notes floored me:

Anyone ?

Um, because people want to send mail/attachments to others WITHOUT having to go to a different zone? (Why do you assume everyone using the mail system in the Risa zone must be using it for storage?)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I thought I should notate that My mailbox has been getting a little more cleaner. It has been a tough road, but I think I have done it. Tribbles are now safely on their new home planet! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have in my mailbox almost 2,000 Tribbles that I have been given over the past 3 years in many messages. Also they hold a lot of good and special memories for me.

That has got to be the strangest thing i've ever heard anyone say in 18 years of online gaming
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    I thought I should notate that My mailbox has been getting a little more cleaner. It has been a tough road, but I think I have done it. Tribbles are now safely on their new home planet! :)

Glad to hear it!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg