test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Santa Couch's Giveaway

2»

Comments

• devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited July 2013
    It is good to just have a thread where things can be discussed, and players can be happy. It's a good chance of thinking having the same event we'd hold internally offered to the public. There's more to making player run events than just foundry missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • herpeticherpetic Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xms9779 wrote: »
    I started playing a few days ago, I was told that your fleet lets people buy elite fighters from your starbase while others charge. That is truly commendable. Well imagine my luck when I see in your Public Service that you guys are having a give away event in Drozana and I manage to get this! FGhWzYs.jpg

:DI can't thank you guys enough! I will always be in your debt!:D

Epic first post, epic start to the game. Protip: Don't sell it. You have an EC cap which restricts you to 10mil ec in your bank. This is far below the value of that ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im happy to see that people are happy on the forums. Nice change from complaints.

This give a way has changed my opinion of dental some. Even though i did not get anything, you guys giving away ships and high amounts of EC to people for free or a award for a challenge has made me change my opinion from you guys being harassers to thinking a bit more toward good people.

I still see a lot of people not liking you though, which leads me to believe you guys some and them some, nothing has happened between me and dental at all yet, but so far im neutral.

besides all that, great job with the give away :)
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I didn't win anything out of the event proper, but someone, in their own generosity gave me some Gamma Quadrant DOFF mini-packs, which they had in turn been given. I hope that person is blessed by 'Dear Leader's' generosity in some other way, and/or I can pay them back for that generosity in the future if I manage to get something at a future event.

Those DOFFs will be used for my fleet's needs, which will help us get one step closer to tier 5, and thus being able to help more people out.

That said, I had a lot of fun. Fun isn't something that I always get out of STO, so to actually enjoy myself is really quite a welcome breath. Sure I didn't win anything like ECs or something, but I did have fun, which if anything is the greatest prize that could've been won out of the whole event.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • beauregarduk2beauregarduk2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks to NoP , and Santa Couch in particular, for organising this goodwill event !

And many thanks for your generous gift of a Very Rare Phaser Beam Array Mk XII (Acc)x3 !

Peace and goodwill to all men (through superior fire-power) !

Warmest regards,
    Beau :)
  • xms9779xms9779 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    herpetic wrote: »
    Epic first post, epic start to the game. Protip: Don't sell it. You have an EC cap which restricts you to 10mil ec in your bank. This is far below the value of that ship.

Oh no, I will NOT be selling that ship! I probably shouldn't have posted that pic, I got some stupid IMs from idiots asking if they could buy it from me. Good thing I didn't take them up on it, I didn't know I couldn't have more than 10mil in my bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xms9779 wrote: »
    Oh no, I will NOT be selling that ship! I probably shouldn't have posted that pic, I got some stupid IMs from idiots asking if they could buy it from me. Good thing I didn't take them up on it, I didn't know I couldn't have more than 10mil in my bank.
    yes, F2Pers get a limit of 10m EC for their characters/account bank if you've purchased access to it, but there's an item in the C-Store you can buy to raise that cap from 10 million to 1 billion...in my opinion, if a new player is going to purchase anything at all from the store, that should be the first thing they buy

EDIT: oh, and welcome to the game
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yes, F2Pers get a limit of 10m EC for their characters/account bank if you've purchased access to it, but there's an item in the C-Store you can buy to raise that cap from 10 million to 1 billion...in my opinion, if a new player is going to purchase anything at all from the store, that should be the first thing they buy

Agreed. One of the times I lucked out and got a D'Kora, I had a bunch of people using this excuse to try to get it from me for cheap, but I am a lifer from open beta so those offers were quickly ignored.

Only problem I have with this event is the references to Dear Leader. It just causes the mind to create connections with North Korea's leader and people that give up their will to follow someone. Has nothing to do with the person being referenced by that term. Santa Couch is a more appropriate term and follows the generosity of this event. It is great to see a fleet giving to the community like this and the only way to have make this better is to have done it on the 25th so we would have Christmas in July.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    It is great to see a fleet giving to the community like this and the only way to have make this better is to have done it on the 25th so we would have Christmas in July.
    perhaps another one will be done on the 25th; they did say they might do more giveaways
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I completely missed this during your event... but I applaud the entire thing anyway. This was a wonderful idea, and I hope the folks that got stuff have fun with it.

Seriously, good show :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Although I, in my infinite Narfitude, had my trade setting set prohibitively, and thus did not get to experience Santa's generosity, Drozana was rockin' and it was a majorly good time! Thanks to NoP and of course to Dear Leader.
  • diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    got 100 mill :( sorry for being an TRIBBLE at the beginning :( but ty santa *hug*
  • thelastlegatethelastlegate Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is getting silly.
  • herpeticherpetic Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To echo what Nbreeki says: this is going to happen again. We are not saying when at the moment. This thread will be updated when the time comes, but it will be the last place which gets the information.

Those of you who we like, and those of you who are working with us closely at the moment will get the information about 10 minutes earlier. You will get into the instance first. Those of you who don't know where to start, have a look at what we have been doing recently and work from there. You just need to figure out where to look for our hints. Good luck to you all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]