Install Arc
Options

Summer Event: Wonderful or Terrible? I'm torn. :(

13»

Comments

• Options
    paixerpaixer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013

More Pets more Problems, more Tribbles more Troubles. The event comes with more non-combat pets and another Tribble, but there's no way to store them. My inventory is so full I don't even know what to do. And yet.... here come more things to fill it!

I agree with the good parts so I snipped those (especially the exploration and the outfit, Captain's holiday was a great episode and the event is a nice remark to that)

However, to the quote above, +1 multiple times... Please, make a separate tab for at least the cosmetic and non-combat pets... (but if it could hold tribbles as well, the better)

I mean, you could to that in Neverwinter for the companions, it can't be that hard :)
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Remember folks, this is just the first year of the Summer Event. The Winter Event has had 3 years to get to the point it's at now, and is better than it was at it's first release. The Summer Event will likely follow suit.

/facepalm...
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • Options
    ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was originally enjoying the Risa event but it turned sour for me when I turned-in my favors for an outfit and got nothing. :(

Since then, Risa has been all about the birds, the marks and the pearls for the corvette - not fun.

I had heard there was a hide and seek but I've never seen it. I'm quite new to STO and I don't use the chat much because of past experience elsewhere (and it took me a few days to figure out the dancing as a consequence), so I don't know where you find this hide and seek Pavel game (presumably he would be lying unconscious somewhere, or in some bother - if we are talking TOS Pavel :P), which I gather you see in chat somehow; and I only came across the argument by chance and didn't even know it was going on.

I didn't know there was something going on by the bonfire after dark, but I was going to check it out at some point, as I thought it looked like there might be.

What bothers me about this kind of thing is that I should be able to find about about this stuff in-game - not on the forums. You've got the event co-ordinator there who tells you what else you can do on Risa, but how much of this does she tell you about (she could even offer a friendly warning about arguing Klingons and Trills...).

Anyway she's rubbish. She keeps disappearing on the job, either under the promenade for a sneaky ciggy* or is nowhere to be found...or did someone get lucky with their horga'hn? :D

Yeah, the novelty wears off is the basic problem so it is just as well that it is a short-term thing. I also agree that the dance is monotonous. The comments about it being too long for too little I concur with - but also change the tune, please. It's nice and appropriate music, but couldn't you have got a couple more tunes so that it doesn't do your head in after a while? I'm sick of hearing it now.

*Noted that the forum does not like the word f*a*g*, although for some of the world it's slang for a cigarette.
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is going to be buried so far down in the thread that most folk wont see em but I'll toss a couple hints on the contests at the summer event.

Dance contest.
    You can pin the emotes window, make it a little taller then normal, and then scroll down to center all the dance emotes.. Makes it much easier!. When the dance instructor says "Just Dance!" select Dance_mix from the emote list.. (some others say they managed to score with other dance emotes but the concensus seems to be he Dnce_Mix is the one to use here)

Floater Pack.
    Use RPG mode, and mouse look to stear! Space bar is just a booster! The keyboard movement keys work, but its not the best way to manuver using the floater packs.. Mouse look is far superior! Holding down both mouse buttons is "Thrust" in the direction your pointed/looking.

Yep, should have had a nice intracate PvP floater race... wander all over if you like, but you must hit each gate to finish. Scored on hitting all the gates and time from crossing the start to the finish... Score it like a Rally...Hit all your checkpoints and best time.

Be a good way to do starship races too..

Over all, Risa summer event has been just awesome.. People at the event are starting to drop off, I suspect because of the limited number of things that can be done there, and hitting the cut down on getting the corvette. For a lot of folks there is just not sufficient time left to get the Corvette unless they want to pup for lobi...I have poped for lobi and find that I have been recieving average 2 pearls per 3 lobi spent. Not exactly the most ...kind... balance.. In fact rather dissapointing in that lobi come feom lock boxes, and lock boxed get opened with keys, and keys cost ZEN.. I've opened I think 17-21 lock boxes during the event to get Lobi.. and gotten like 110 Lobi out out it. (and not one stinking ship..I wouldn't even be openeing them if I didn't want the Corvette.. really totally TRIBBLE odds, and then they (the ships that do come up) end up on the exchange hidiously overpriced... I'm only doing that because I was unable to get the chal-gret from the winder event.. My main is sitting there with 840 Q glossies.. missed 4 days during the winter event and couldn't get the ship.

I will have the Vette, and it pretier too!
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Remember folks, this is just the first year of the Summer Event. The Winter Event has had 3 years to get to the point it's at now, and is better than it was at it's first release. The Summer Event will likely follow suit.

Thank you for visiting my thread Taco. It always makes me happy when Devs show up. I do really like what's gone into it, I just really hope we get swimsuits soon. :)