test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risian Explorer Outfit is (also) worthless

somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
To nobody's surprise, the Risian Explorer outfit is designed just for itself (on females anyway).

Does it work with the off-duty Merc stuff? Nope (massive clipping).

Does it work with ANY belts? Nope (massive clipping).

Does it work with scarves? Nope (massive clipping).

Do the 'pants' (just another texture of the UGLY 'poorly tucked into large boots' pants option) work with anything short exactly one footwear option? Nope. Unless you can explain the huge untucked leg parts just sitting there.

Is said retexture offered in Uniforms? Nope.

Can you use either the top or bottom on your BOFFs? Nope (although it does say Captain only, so I'm not surprised there).

Why the @#^!@ do we still have the pointless and annoying as all get out Uniform and Off-Duty division of things? REMOVE IT. And if it's CBS' doing, tell them to go stuff it.

Worthless worthless costume 'set'. And I thought the leftovers we got on CO were bad.
Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
Razira's Primus Database Page
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wish I could be an npc on Risa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    To nobody's surprise, the Risian Explorer outfit is designed just for itself (on females anyway).

Does it work with the off-duty Merc stuff? Nope (massive clipping).

Does it work with ANY belts? Nope (massive clipping).

Does it work with scarves? Nope (massive clipping).

Do the 'pants' (just another texture of the UGLY 'poorly tucked into large boots' pants option) work with anything short exactly one footwear option? Nope. Unless you can explain the huge untucked leg parts just sitting there.

Is said retexture offered in Uniforms? Nope.

Can you use either the top or bottom on your BOFFs? Nope (although it does say Captain only, so I'm not surprised there).

Why the @#^!@ do we still have the pointless and annoying as all get out Uniform and Off-Duty division of things? REMOVE IT. And if it's CBS' doing, tell them to go stuff it.

Worthless worthless costume 'set'. And I thought the leftovers we got on CO were bad.
    Don't forget that the whole set of clothing is inexplicably shiny on-par with the tholian silk robes. Extremely disappointing, particularly in the face of how much grinding you have to do for it, but its slipshod implementation doesn't hold a candle next to the sunglasses IMO, which look like absolute garbage. (seriously, the round ones appear to be the same model as the octagonal ones, just compressed on the y-axis. I have seen better looking Sunglasses on the PS1, they are so bad. They don't even have earpieces-they just sit on top of your nose!

Going to have to agree with Kirksplat here-the npcs have far better quality outfits than what Cryptic implemented for players-completely baffling.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The costumes are just horribly, horribly bad. They are way too buggy, they don't go well with anything else, and for male characters, I don't think they come with shorts/barefeet options for whatever reason. Not worth the price AT ALL!
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Going to have to agree with Kirksplat here-the npcs have far better quality outfits than what Cryptic implemented for players-completely baffling.

Agreed 1000%. I hate it when the NPCs look better than the players can. And in this case...WOW can they look better than we can.

They look like they belong there.

We look like intruders upon their world.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've never wanted my money back, but I would really wish I could get my Lobi back after buying that outfit. Just absolutely horrible and worthless.
  • kaosistickaosistic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Came to risa to earn my fancy blue bikini only to be let down once again by this TRIBBLE excuse of an event.... the pack you get is only usable on risa and no fancy clothes. these devs need to really get their heads out of there ferengi's foreheads before trying to TRIBBLE out another half-assed event . I mean really
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kaosistic wrote: »
    Came to risa to earn my fancy blue bikini only to be let down once again by this TRIBBLE excuse of an event.... the pack you get is only usable on risa and no fancy clothes. these devs need to really get their heads out of there ferengi's foreheads before trying to TRIBBLE out another half-assed event . I mean really

Yeah, I know what I am avoiding from now on out. I went there to get some added clothing options for my KDF char, but if that's all we're getting then forget it.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed, this event is a fail in my book. Give us swimsuits and I will be a little more happy... Just let us use the NPC ones... T_T
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,987 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sunglasses don't work on Aliens ether.

They don't scale to head size.

So 10,000 GPL down the drain.

It's like the Winter event scarfs not showing on the Time Traveller outfit.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Don't feel bad, could be worse-I bought all four glasses.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just want my damned bikini.
  • thetaclearthetaclear Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The npc female one pieces look great its REALLY a shame we cant wear and just like salt in a wound to have to look at. Honestly should had dressed the npcs in the same ugly garbage we are there trying to grind out. It really is disturbing and mindblowing at the same time that WAY more effort was put into the npc outfits that we cant have access to.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »

I wish they would add a few ground holograms to the latinum store so we could look like NPCs on Risa.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I mostly play an Orion femal.. couple of the actually.. One is the fleet leader for the Solid Gold Pressed Latinum Dancers.. And I WANT THE RISIAN COLOR PALLETTE!

They get to steel orion clothing, so what can we steal thier color pallette.

Fair is Fair.. and we're SUPPOSED to be the pirates...

My Uru-Ani avatar is supposed to be a professional dancer and leader of a dance troop.

Any idea how difficult it is to look like a vegas show girl wearing bllod red, tan, olive drab, dark blue, grey and black?

Times i wonder.. Orions females should be all about flash.

On the other hand.. the two new dance emotes are pretty amazingly good.

I suppose I'll get the two outfits.. KDF side costumes are pretty limited. I suppose I'll be stuck using the same dreary dull KDF color pallatte for them too.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • nabuborianabuboria Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thetaclear wrote: »
    The npc female one pieces look great its REALLY a shame we cant wear and just like salt in a wound to have to look at. Honestly should had dressed the npcs in the same ugly garbage we are there trying to grind out. It really is disturbing and mindblowing at the same time that WAY more effort was put into the npc outfits that we cant have access to.

Disturbing and mind blowing you say?

You must be new to games, and how lazy devs are... (that's no bash on STO or it's devs, but all devs are lazy it's cool) :cool:

Jokes aside, it is fairly common practice for stuff to clip in MMO's, but the lack of what people want and ask for and the delivery of stuff that has never even cropped up is slightly worrying especially after a few years of it being asked for.
    [SIGPIC] Element CKY Electric [/SIGPIC]
    "similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You sure about that last part? I could swear I have Boffs that sport scarves and Temporal suits....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • kaeperkaeper Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, those glasses are stunningly bad.

Bought the small "round" ones. No curves at all. I guess my idea of round differs somewhat from whoever took 10 seconds to chuck these monstrosities together. There's the lazy that saves time but still looks okay & then there's the lazy that's TRIBBLE. This is the second version :)
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,987 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You sure about that last part? I could swear I have Boffs that sport scarves and Temporal suits....

Didn't work for me during the event.

They could have fixed it by now.

I gave up on it long ago.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm disappointed, too. I mean, I like the short-shorts. But I can't wear them with the mirror universe tops... or even the TOS medical T-shirt... or any other decent parts. No good shoes in the off-duty slot, either.

The off-duty slot sucks. Please restore access to the Unrestricted slot type. I will pay you for access to the Unrestricted costume slot.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The glasses are stunningly bad. It looks like someone cobbled them together using a bitmap-paint program on a phone at the last second while waiting for a flight... or on the trainride into the office.

I'm not too worried about clipping and such, I made a decent off-duty outfit for my Romulan. What bugs me though is the lack of thought put into the sunglasses as well as the fact that the NPCs are massively upgraded. Texture and costumewise the NPCs look stunning. Character outfits, seem to have taken a step back.

Given the rumors I'm hearing coming out of Cryptic/PW I'm not surprised actually. Someone spent months working on the Risa map, someone designed two events... and someone made a ship while someone did the NPCs. Then it sat there -- and rather than be finished it was thrown out half-done.

Such an amazing map and there are what.. four missions to run total? There could be so much more to do. It's a ******n resort world -- why isn't there more to do.
  • stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I cannot even look at it, I don't even find it in the tailor's options:-(
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Didn't work for me during the event.

They could have fixed it by now.

I gave up on it long ago.
    Yeah it's been quite a while too. Unless is just pertains to a specific scarf I'm not using. But I could swear I tried 2 winter variants and still have 1 on them. Makes a great Saurian uniform.

The off-duty slot sucks. Please restore access to the Unrestricted slot type. I will pay you for access to the Unrestricted costume slot.

I don't think that's gonna happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think that's gonna happen.

Which sucks.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it seems to me that they made those npc dress things for us but some boss or company said no. Its a shame since most of them are look nice. If they can't use bading clots.. its a bit double standards. just see the orions on KDF.. Then they should aim on cloths that is nice looking shorts or jackets -- thsirts etc. next year.
  • selraxxxselraxxx Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Totally agree, devs, the zone is wonderful but I burned Lobis and latinum to find how much the costume options suck.

Why no shorts for men, why no bikinis or one peice suits for fem toons or bare chests for male toons on a world where all the npc's look like that...

Not like the community hasn't been asking for it for years.. :confused:

Son, i am disappoint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will play the devil advocate here. I saw a few peoples mentioned that the NPCs wear much better looking outfit. It a lot easier to create a relatively static NPC with is personal outfit than to create one that adapt itself for player characters that come in all sort of shapes.

Still, I must admit they could have put more effort on the cosmetic rewards. I think I will concentrate on getting the ship and getting a better floater. I hope that next year it will be better. This year, they had to create the new event, create the decor and NPCs, between LoR and season 8. So, let's hope that next year they would take time to make it better, since they will surely reuse the decor and NPCs.

I mentioned that I will concentrate on getting the ship, but it's really just to have it. The stats seem not very good for use it, contrary to the Breen ship they gave in the winter's festival. Unless they intend to set up a subwarp race event?

And since we are talking about the summer's festival, for the activity, I like hunting statuettes. It's cool and it's short enough that I could complete it with 2 characters. But the dance one is too long and there is too much space between the last rewards, it should be more progressive. I tried to do it with 2 characters, but the second one got just short of getting to the 7 favors stage. That's a bit frustrating. And if you get in after it's started, you risk that the same thing happen.

OK, finally, I will not try to get better floater, since it work just on Risa. I was kind of hoping that it could be use on other planet surface area, like new Romulus. So, apparently that will be just the ship, just to have it, for this year.

But again, I just hope it get better next year, or maybe in a patch later, but that I doubt that will happen this year.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i only wonted the ship n outfits for my Rom/kdf but i cant do the race cos half the track does not show up and by the looks i,m better off not wasting time with the outfits wish i new before i started the grind. winter event rocked summer one sucks
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Glad I didn't even bother going to Risa at all then... If only for the ship and emotes. :[ This is utterly pathetic.
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »

Kirksplat's got it right!

Even if the bathing suits, etc. are limited to Risa.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thread moved to Art forum
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek