test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (June 20, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, June 20th, at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 4 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• qwikstrykeqwikstryke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sweet, been waitin for this patch to hit holodeck, keep up the good work guys...when we gettin any info on Summer Event?....please tell me there is some kind of Doff mission similar to the Winter Event Epohh missions, maybe one that awards a choice of marks or at least Nukara marks....*keeps all fingers crossed*..lol, pretty please
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Massively had a blurb about the New Summer Event a day or two ago...

There is a thread around about it, I read it last night.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yahoo!

I too have been waiting for this patch to hit holo.

It'll be nice to do multiple Tour runs in the time frame of the event now.

Also, Romulan captains can now recruit Romulan BOffs.... :D
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nimbus
    Added a bartender store to buy items from the player.
    Added bank and mail access to the bar area.

Ah, very cool, I've been asking for this since LoR hit holodeck! Good decision on this one, it will keep the Nimbus III social zone very much allive and people that want to RP as Nausicaan or Orion pirates can use it as a hub.
    Now, if only you could add a ship selector like the Drozana one....:)

Romulan Captains now have access to a series of "Bridge Officer Applicant" Recruitment assignments which can reward Romulan or Reman Bridge Officer candidates of Green or better quality depending on the outcome.

This was also very much needed, I'm happy it's finally here.

Livona, a Romulan Duty Officer, no longer has the Founders of the Federation trait.

lol :D I thought she was a Federation spy!

The Plasma Flamethrower project is now available to players that have reached Tier 5 of their Romulan Reputation

Also long time comming, will make many people happy to hear this!

Slightly updated the appearance of the character Law on Nimbus.

Slightly as in adding pointy ears? ;)

The UI style can now be set per character.

Amazing news not only for me, but for everyone I'm sure! While I really like the 'default' versions for the Klingon and Romulan UI, I absolutely love the TNG one on my Feds. However doesn't look so nice on the more pointy interface of the Republic & KDF. Will spare us from changing it all of the time. :)

All in all, this is one of the better patches we had, many issues being adressed.
    However I might have missed something, but I didn't read about adressing the issues that new KDF chars. and KDF allied Romulans are experiencing. The game is in many ways treating the new Klingon chars. by pre-LoR standards, preventing them access to many parts of the gameplay before they reach lvl 21 as it was pre-LoR. And KDF allied Romulans are experiencing a number of issues like not having access to PvP wrappers, empire defense missions and players have reported not having any KDF dailies under the 'Availible Missions' tab.
    I was hoping that this would be high on the priority list, since people can find it gamebreaking in certain segments. I hope it gets adressed very soon. I do apologize if this was mentioned in the patch notes and I somehow missed it, but after going twice through that rather large list I didn't see these issues being mentioned.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ohhhh yummy!
    Added additional head customization options for Romulans.

PLEASE TELL ME THIS MEANS BEARDS OMG
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Hear that small fleets? its your death knocking.

Next month "Fleet tax" where fleets are required to pay 2000 Dilith per member per week to keep the Fleet open

And of course "cool off" where new fleet members can not use ANY fleet provisions or stores until they have been in 28 days
    Live long and Prosper
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fleet Updates

Updated all Fleet project inputs to allow fleet members to input Engineering and Operations department duty officers where you could previously only slot Engineering OR Operations.
    Updated all Fleet project inputs to allow fleet members to input Science and Medical department duty officers where you could previously only slot Science OR Medical.

Why haven't you done the same thing for Tactical/Security? Or have you and just missed it out of the patchnotes? We struggle for Security officers as much as Medical, and both far more than Operations!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sweet looking patch!
  • captainedwards09captainedwards09 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Why haven't you done the same thing for Tactical/Security? Or have you and just missed it out of the patchnotes? We struggle for Security officers as much as Medical, and both far more than Operations!

I agree - I am hoping that this just was missed in the patch notes and covered all main types of duty officer inputs across the board.
  • kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder what else they will break, when fixing this? Only time will tell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does this mean the Foundry editor will be back online tomorrow?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    About Hypos et al. They really should stack to like 100. Since we use hypos/etc from inventory first, its not like the stack size is limiting how many we can use. Especially with Reputation requiring around 1200 (or so) each, a stack size of 20 gets annoying fast.
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does this mean the Foundry editor will be back online tomorrow?

I'd like that, but it doesn't say, does it? Maybe I missed it...

Best part of entire good patch for me:

"The UI style can now be set per character."

Nice! I wanted to play with my UI styles, but didn't want my feds ending up with KDF UI styles :P
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Color palettes per character? How did I miss that, that's great. I might finally use it. :D
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds awesome, when will the Lore Mission for KDF/KDF Roms be scaled down in level to match the FED version of it now that everyone starts at the same level instead of a higher level?
    pvp = small package
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Woot! Best update evar!

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great update!

Did I miss something, or was there nothing about department head's getting fixed? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whats this about the death of small fleets? ... o_O
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What about those RR KDF ally costume slots getting broken?
    And I saw the missing boff/department heads fixed in tribble but they are not in the patch notes for some reason.
  • blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Next month "Fleet tax" where fleets are required to pay 2000 Dilith per member per week to keep the Fleet open

And of course "cool off" where new fleet members can not use ANY fleet provisions or stores until they have been in 28 days

o_O ... Something I missed or BS?
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The patch looks pretty good, unfortunately I don't see in the patch notes a scaling fix for the KDF/KDF ROM lore mission to start at a lower level to match the federation since they both now start at level 0.
    pvp = small package
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    o_O ... Something I missed or BS?

The latter (I think).
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey great patch's especially this one

so how come there no custom pick color like maybe a 3 color

1 color for menu's background/backdrop
    2 color for menu's name head
    3 color for game text
    with a transparency setting
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    very nice to see, some really good updates and fixes.

raise a toast of romulan ale * hope to see many more fixes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sollvax wrote: »

um i grind my TRIBBLE off so on here and contribute a lot more to my starbase than 2000k dil a week
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You forgot to post the (un)planned maintenance for that evening.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Disabled rotation of characters on the character selection screen.

Why? I like that feature. In fact I wish I could rotate my BOffs too.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No bugfixes for Romulan tailor issues like TOS uniform belt and skirt clipping, and the sash color pallete not matching with the shirt yet?
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic should run the maintenance now while the server is screwed up anyway so that we loose less time to things that shouldn't be happening.
This discussion has been closed.