test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: These are the voyages... (a role-play thread. All welcome!)

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *U.S.S. Lexington Battle Group, Haakona Sector. The Battle Group comprises of the U.S.S. Lexington (Odyssey-Class), U.S.S. Galaxy (Galaxy-Class), U.S.S. Monitor (Defiant-Class), U.S.S. Elizabeth (Sovereign-Class) and U.S.S. Cairo (Stargazer-Class).

The Lexington takes a major hit to her Saucer Section from a Borg plasma torpedo as the Monitor flies past into a strafing run on a massive Borg Cube, which is tearing into the Battle Group.

U.S.S. Victorious, en-route to Haakona Sector via Starbase 39-Sierra. Ryan is sitting in his seat, having heard the alert 30 minutes earlier that the Lexington's Battle Group had engaged the Borg.*

Alpha: Captain.

*Ryan looks up at the Android Operations Officer.*

We are receiving an emergency transmission from the Galaxy.

Ryan: On speakers.

Starfleet Captain *Over comm, distorted*: This is U.S.S. Galaxy to any starship in range! The Lexington's gone! We've lost the Monitor and the Elizabeth, as well! If anyone can hear us, do NOT approach the Haakona System! Repeat, do NOT approach Haakona!

Ryan: Captain, this is the Victorious! Can you give us visual contact?!

Starfleet Captain *Over comm, distorted*: Stand by!

*The Viewscreen displays the image of the Lexington's shattered hull as it drifts past the screen, showing the sight of phaser beams and quantum torpedoes firing into the Borg Cube, doing little to no damage. Suddenly, a blast from the Borg rips apart the Cairo.*

The Cairo is gone!

Victorious, do you read--?!

*The transmission cuts off as a Borg weapons blast is fired towards the Galaxy.*

Ryan: Galaxy, do you read?

Alpha: We lost the signal.

*Ryan drops his head, before pressing a control on his control panel.*

Ryan: All hands, Battle Stations.

*The Red Alert Klaxon sounds as the lighting drops to the pulsating red.*

Helm, get us to Starbase 39.

Helm: Aye, sir.

*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Vancouver's recovery position. Soval walks into his Ready Room. He sits down before feeling something forcing its way through his mind.

He slips into flashes of memories.*

Dr Lassiter: They say time is the fire in which we burn.

*He sees the battle-scarred U.S.S. Khitomer as a Bridge Crew stares out at the battlefield.*

Khitomer Crewman: We've lost most of our crew, and we need help NOW!

*He sees himself beaming back to the U.S.S. Miranda, seeing dead bodies in the transporter room - including the Miranda's Security Chief - as he looks at the battle-scarred Transporter Chief.*

Sylix: The senior staff are all among the casualties...

*He suddenly flashes into an eerie dark corridor of a Miranda-Class Starship. He can see blood on the walls, mostly human, until he comes to a message painted on the walls - painted in Vulcan blood - saying:

"WHERE WERE YOU?"*

Soval: Hello?

*He hears a whimper, following it through the corridors until he enters Main Engineering, filled with 10 Borg Drones, all recently Assimilated, still wearing Starfleet Uniforms. He recognises all their faces.*

Demitz... Col... Makri...

Demitz: Why did you betray us, Soval?

Soval: I tried.

Col: Why did you abandon us?

Soval: I didn't abandon you!

I tried!

Makri: We trusted you!

Soval: I tried! Surak, I tried.

*A feminine figure emerges from the crowd, keeping her face hidden in the shadows, but a voice that Soval recognises.*

Voice: I trusted you.

Soval: No...

No, this is... impossible. This is not real.

Voice: WE trusted you!

Soval: I am in control. I... am in... contro-- *He gags as he feels cold metal pierce through his skin, before falling into darkness.

He wakes up on the floor of his Ready Room, with T'las kneeling over him, feeling his neck for a pulse.*

T'las: Soval...? Come on... can you hear me?

*He coughs, before beginning to pick himself up.*

Soval: Indeed.

T'las: Thank...

What happened?

Soval: Nothing. I am fine.

T'las: Soval--

Soval: I am FINE. Was there something you wished to speak to me about, Commander?

*T'las stares at him, irritation creeping into her mood.*

T'las *irritated*: Yeah. Duty Roster. It's on your desk.

By your leave, sir?

Soval: Dismissed.

*T'las walks out, frustration present in the speed of her exit. Soval sits behind his desk, rubbing his temples before going into a meditative pose.*

Soval: Structure... logic... function... control. A structure... cannot stand without a foundation. Logic is the foundation of function. Function is the essence of control. I am in control. I am... in...

*He begins straining with mental pain before digging into his desk and grabbing a telepathic suppressant. He quickly jabs it into his neck.

He then turns his head to a photo on his desk, with a young human female, about 24, standing in front of a Warp Core. She's wearing a gold engineering uniform, with her blonde hair flowing down to about shoulder height, smiling. As illogical as he knew it was, Soval couldn't help but feel a wave of grief pass through him.*

Soval *regretfully*: I tried...
    edited July 2013
    *U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Sickbay. Soval walks in to see the medical staff scarce. He walks over to the morgue, noticing an Andorian corpse on the table. He walks over to the Coroner.*

Soval: Doctor.

Coroner: They were able to remove the entity from Shrod's body, but they couldn't save Shrod's brain pattern.

Soval: Very well. Thank you, Doctor. I'll notify his family.

If Ensign Wil returns here, ask him to see me in my Ready Room.

Coroner: Yes sir.
  • wlafrancewlafrance Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    *U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Sickbay. Soval walks in to see the medical staff scarce. He walks over to the morgue, noticing an Andorian corpse on the table. He walks over to the Coroner.*

Soval: Doctor.

Coroner: They were able to remove the entity from Shrod's body, but they couldn't save Shrod's brain pattern.

Soval: Very well. Thank you, Doctor. I'll notify his family.

If Ensign Wil returns here, ask him to see me in my Ready Room.

Coroner: Yes sir.

[U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Turbolift]

*Wil's head hung low as the turbo shaft lights whizzed by. He has barely talked to anyone since the incident. The crew of the U.S.S. Vancouver has already been transported off the ship. Wil is now the only one. The turbo doors opened to reveal the Odyssey bridge, and without a word, Wil walked over to the ready room and sounded the chime. When the ready room doors swished open, he walked inside and stood in front of Admiral Soval's desk.*

Wil: Sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
    keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
    edited July 2013
    wlafrance wrote: »
    [U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Turbolift]

*Wil's head hung low as the turbo shaft lights whizzed by. He has barely talked to anyone since the incident. The crew of the U.S.S. Vancouver has already been transported off the ship. Wil is now the only one. The turbo doors opened to reveal the Odyssey bridge, and without a word, Wil walked over to the ready room and sounded the chime. When the ready room doors swished open, he walked inside and stood in front of Admiral Soval's desk.*

Wil: Sir.

Soval: Ensign.

*He stands and gives Wil a stare that almost strikes him as regretful, if Soval hadn't been Vulcan, that is.*

I heard about what happened in Sickbay.

*He walks around the room, stopping and looking out the window, absent-minded.*

One of the most difficult parts of the Starfleet Command division, is the decisions you are forced to make within it. That's why every Cadet goes through the Kobayashi Maru.

Ensign, you were given the choice between killing Shrod to save an alien life form from being trapped in Shrod's body, or leaving the life form within, and leaving Shrod trapped within his own mind. It could not have been an easy decision. I know that.

*He glances towards a photo on his desk - the photo of the engineering ensign from the Miranda. Wil catches a look of regret on Soval's face before Soval hides it again.*

Better than you know.

For what it is worth, ensign, I think you made the right choice - for both Lieutenant Shrod and the Alien. I'm sure the lieutenant would rather be dead, than forced into the back of his own mind.

*Soval turns around.*

I've recommended to Starfleet Command that you receive a commendation for your actions here, as both the representative of the Vancouver's crew, and as part of our crew here. I hope Captain Thryiss appreciates the exemplary crew she has.

Which reminds me...

*He opens a draw and takes out a small black box.*

She asked me to make sure you had this before you left for the Sunstone.

*He places it on the desk in front of Wil.*
    edited July 2013
    Soval: Ensign.

*He stands and gives Wil a stare that almost strikes him as regretful, if Soval hadn't been Vulcan, that is.*

I heard about what happened in Sickbay.

*He walks around the room, stopping and looking out the window, absent-minded.*

One of the most difficult parts of the Starfleet Command division, is the decisions you are forced to make within it. That's why every Cadet goes through the Kobayashi Maru.

Ensign, you were given the choice between killing Shrod to save an alien life form from being trapped in Shrod's body, or leaving the life form within, and leaving Shrod trapped within his own mind. It could not have been an easy decision. I know that.

*He glances towards a photo on his desk - the photo of the engineering ensign from the Miranda. Wil catches a look of regret on Soval's face before Soval hides it again.*

Better than you know.

For what it is worth, ensign, I think you made the right choice - for both Lieutenant Shrod and the Alien. I'm sure the lieutenant would rather be dead, than forced into the back of his own mind.

*Soval turns around.*

I've recommended to Starfleet Command that you receive a commendation for your actions here, as both the representative of the Vancouver's crew, and as part of our crew here. I hope Captain Thryiss appreciates the exemplary crew she has.

Which reminds me...

*He opens a draw and takes out a small black box.*

She asked me to make sure you had this before you left for the Sunstone.

*He places it on the desk in front of Wil.*

*Wil opened the box to see a pip sitting in the middle.*

Wil: Sir...

*He couldn't bring himself to smile.*

Wil: I'm sorry if I'm not showing my gratitude... I just can't help but think I'm benefitting from Shrod's death, which I know is not the case...

*Wil looked at Soval, who's facial expression remained unchanged.*

Wil: Forgive me, Admiral. I'm still a little... emotional. I will wear my rank with pride. And in Shrod's memory. Thank you, sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
    edited July 2013
    *Wil opened the box to see a pip sitting in the middle.*

Wil: Sir...

*He couldn't bring himself to smile.*

Wil: I'm sorry if I'm not showing my gratitude... I just can't help but think I'm benefitting from Shrod's death, which I know is not the case...

*Wil looked at Soval, who's facial expression remained unchanged.*

Wil: Forgive me, Admiral. I'm still a little... emotional. I will wear my rank with pride. And in Shrod's memory. Thank you, sir.

Soval: Very well. Dismissed, Lieutenant.

*After Wil leaves, Soval sits at his desk, thinking. Suddenly, the comm chimes.*

Soval here.

T'las *Over Comm*: Sorry to interrupt, Admiral, but we're receiving a transmission from the U.S.S. Victorious. It's for you, sir.

Soval: Thank you, Commander. Patch it through.

*Soon, the image of Ryan appears on the screen.*

Captain, what can I do for you?

Ryan: Soval, I need to speak with you right now! Meet us at the Beta Pictoris System. I've also been reinforced by the U.S.S. Constantinople and U.S.S. Oxford.

Soval: What is your situation?

Ryan: My situation is that the Borg just kidnapped one of my crewmen!

Soval: On our way.

*Soval shuts down the console and walks out of his Ready Room, through the Deck 1 access corridor and onto the Bridge.*

Lieutenant Ores, once Ensign Wil is aboard the Sunspot, set course for Beta Pictoris and engage, Warp 9. Invite Captain Thryiss to join us, but advise her that we are heading to assist another Starfleet vessel attacked by the Borg.

Ores: Aye sir!

Soval: All decks, Yellow Alert!
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    [U.S.S. Warrego, Yellowstone-class, Starbase 114, Regulus Sector]

*After the sifting through criminal reports on Orion Syndicate activity in Federation space and cross referencing them with freight traffic that had trade routes that passed through these regions with 'suspicious' cargo, Kyle found that some of these freighters frequented a starbase that once had a commander who had been arrested for treason, and that was Starbase 114.*

Kyle: Warrego to Starbase 114, requesting permission to dock.

Starbase control: This is Starbase 114, you are cleared to land at Bay 4.

Kyle: Roger that control, heading to Bay 4.

*Kyle closed the channel. He needed time to prepare himself to find a reason for his visit and also would have to wait for the freighter captain he was chasing to show up.*
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
    edited July 2013
    Soval: Very well. Dismissed, Lieutenant.

*After Wil leaves, Soval sits at his desk, thinking. Suddenly, the comm chimes.*

Soval here.

T'las *Over Comm*: Sorry to interrupt, Admiral, but we're receiving a transmission from the U.S.S. Victorious. It's for you, sir.

Soval: Thank you, Commander. Patch it through.

*Soon, the image of Ryan appears on the screen.*

Captain, what can I do for you?

Ryan: Soval, I need to speak with you right now! Meet us at the Beta Pictoris System. I've also been reinforced by the U.S.S. Constantinople and U.S.S. Oxford.

Soval: What is your situation?

Ryan: My situation is that the Borg just kidnapped one of my crewmen!

Soval: On our way.

*Soval shuts down the console and walks out of his Ready Room, through the Deck 1 access corridor and onto the Bridge.*

Lieutenant Ores, once Ensign Wil is aboard the Sunspot, set course for Beta Pictoris and engage, Warp 9. Invite Captain Thryiss to join us, but advise her that we are heading to assist another Starfleet vessel attacked by the Borg.

Ores: Aye sir!

Soval: All decks, Yellow Alert!

(OOC: lol, "Sunspot")

[U.S.S. Sunstone, Transporter Room]

*Lieutenant Wil materialized in the transporter room and was greeted by the Sunstone's first officer, Tamsin McLean. Wil was slightly taken aback by her presence.*

Wil: What are you doing here?

McLean: That's no way to greet your XO, Lieutenant.

Wil: (Almost facetiously) Lietenant Wil, reporting for duty, sir.

McLean: That's more like it. Now come give your big sister a hug. That's an order.

*She extended her arms with a smile and Wil complied.*

McLean: So, "Lieutenant", eh? When did this happen?

Wil: About half an hour ago, actually. It was Admiral Soval's parting gift to me.

McLean: Well then! We'll have to celebrate! But first, you need to come with me to the bridge. We're following the Bunker Hill to the Beta Pictoris System to deal with a Borg situation.

Transporter Officer: I'll see that your bag be taken to your quarters, sir.

*They exit the transporter room and head for the bridge.*

Wil: Looks like I'll be thrown right into the deep-end.

McLean: Seems that way, mister tactical officer. Here, read this. *She hands him a PADD* Some basic info about the Sunstone.

Wil: "Crew Complement: 145." Wow, that's quite the change from the Vancouver's 2000.

McLean: Better get used to the faces you see onboard, you'll be seeing them quite often from now on.

Wil: Over 90 of them are Andorian, eh? No wonder it's a bit cool, here.

McLean: Exactly 16.5 degrees Celsius. They wanted it lower, but the five Vulcans we have aboard launched a complaint. Oh! Excuse me! A "Protest".

Wil: Of course! The day a Vulcan admits to complaining will be the day targs fly.

*Wil then remembered the day T'las smiled at him.*

McLean: Keep reading, there's something that'll interest you. (To the turbolift control) Bridge.

Wil: Let's see... "One holodeck"... "Borg-enhanced Astrometrix"... "Defenses", "Weapons", "Multi-Vect"--- What!? Really? But... I've never been trained to... to run the... I've never even done a simulation!

McLean: Don't worry! You'll be brought up to speed on the way there. Besides, most of it is automated, it'll be a cinch!

Wil: Wow... I have a feeling I'm gonna have a lot of fun on this ship.

McLean: I knew it'd catch your eye!

*The turbo doors open to reveal the bridge. It was much darker than the Vancouver's, and this one had been slightly modified to include two chairs in the middle rather than one. Wil found it slightly odd that the Captain wasn't directly centre, though it emphasized the level of trust between the Captain and her first officer.*

Thryiss: Mr. Wil! Welcome aboard the Sunstone.

Wil: It's an honour, Captain!

Thryiss: I'm glad to have you back. Take your post, Lieutenant.

*Wil walked toward the starboard-aft of the bridge where the tactical and security consoles were stationed. Free-standing consoles were added in addition to the bulkhead-mounted ones so that officers could work facing forward. Wil preferred this layout. He enjoyed seeing everything on the viewscreen.*

Thryiss: Lieutenant Eos, set a course for the Beta Pictoris System, matching the Bunker Hill's velocity.

Eos: Aye, Captain.

Thryiss: Ensign P'Vic, tell Admiral Soval we're ready when he is.

P'Vic: Yes, sir!

Thryiss: Let's see how she handles!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Kathryn Janeway
    edited July 2013
    (OOC: lol, "Sunspot")

[U.S.S. Sunstone, Transporter Room]

*Lieutenant Wil materialized in the transporter room and was greeted by the Sunstone's first officer, Tamsin McLean. Wil was slightly taken aback by her presence.*

Wil: What are you doing here?

McLean: That's no way to greet your XO, Lieutenant.

Wil: (Almost facetiously) Lietenant Wil, reporting for duty, sir.

McLean: That's more like it. Now come give your big sister a hug. That's an order.

*She extended her arms with a smile and Wil complied.*

McLean: So, "Lieutenant", eh? When did this happen?

Wil: About half an hour ago, actually. It was Admiral Soval's parting gift to me.

McLean: Well then! We'll have to celebrate! But first, you need to come with me to the bridge. We're following the Bunker Hill to the Beta Pictoris System to deal with a Borg situation.

Transporter Officer: I'll see that your bag be taken to your quarters, sir.

*They exit the transporter room and head for the bridge.*

Wil: Looks like I'll be thrown right into the deep-end.

McLean: Seems that way, mister tactical officer. Here, read this. *She hands him a PADD* Some basic info about the Sunstone.

Wil: "Crew Complement: 145." Wow, that's quite the change from the Vancouver's 2000.

McLean: Better get used to the faces you see onboard, you'll be seeing them quite often from now on.

Wil: Over 90 of them are Andorian, eh? No wonder it's a bit cool, here.

McLean: Exactly 16.5 degrees Celsius. They wanted it lower, but the five Vulcans we have aboard launched a complaint. Oh! Excuse me! A "Protest".

Wil: Of course! The day a Vulcan admits to complaining will be the day targs fly.

*Wil then remembered the day T'las smiled at him.*

McLean: Keep reading, there's something that'll interest you. (To the turbolift control) Bridge.

Wil: Let's see... "One holodeck"... "Borg-enhanced Astrometrix"... "Defenses", "Weapons", "Multi-Vect"--- What!? Really? But... I've never been trained to... to run the... I've never even done a simulation!

McLean: Don't worry! You'll be brought up to speed on the way there. Besides, most of it is automated, it'll be a cinch!

Wil: Wow... I have a feeling I'm gonna have a lot of fun on this ship.

McLean: I knew it'd catch your eye!

*The turbo doors open to reveal the bridge. It was much darker than the Vancouver's, and this one had been slightly modified to include two chairs in the middle rather than one. Wil found it slightly odd that the Captain wasn't directly centre, though it emphasized the level of trust between the Captain and her first officer.*

Thryiss: Mr. Wil! Welcome aboard the Sunstone.

Wil: It's an honour, Captain!

Thryiss: I'm glad to have you back. Take your post, Lieutenant.

*Wil walked toward the starboard-aft of the bridge where the tactical and security consoles were stationed. Free-standing consoles were added in addition to the bulkhead-mounted ones so that officers could work facing forward. Wil preferred this layout. He enjoyed seeing everything on the viewscreen.*

Thryiss: Lieutenant Eos, set a course for the Beta Pictoris System, matching the Bunker Hill's velocity.

Eos: Aye, Captain.

Thryiss: Ensign P'Vic, tell Admiral Soval we're ready when he is.

P'Vic: Yes, sir!

Thryiss: Let's see how she handles!

OOC: LOL, oops *facepalm*. :o

*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Bridge.*

Ores: Sir, Captain Thryiss says she's ready when you are.

Soval: Very well, Mr Ores. Engage!

*The Bunker Hill jumps to high warp, heading for the Beta Pictoris System.*
    edited July 2013
    OOC: LOL, oops *facepalm*. :o

*U.S.S. Bunker Hill, Bridge.*

Ores: Sir, Captain Thryiss says she's ready when you are.

Soval: Very well, Mr Ores. Engage!

*The Bunker Hill jumps to high warp, heading for the Beta Pictoris System.*

[U.S.S. Sunstone, Bridge]

P'Vic: Captain, The Bunker Hill has jumped to warp.

Thryiss: Eos, you heard the lady. Floor it.

Eos: Yes, sir!

*The Sunstone jumps to warp, following the Bunker Hill.*

Wil: So, Captain. Why was she named the Sunstone?

*Eos, the Caitian Conn Officer turned around in his seat.*

Eos: May I answer that question, Captain?

Thryiss: By all means!

Eos: Lieutenant, this ship was named for her state of the art navigational technology. I'm sure that by now, you've heard of the Sunstone's Borg-enhanced astrometrix lab?

Wil: I have.

Eos: This ship was named the Sunstone in reference to the relatively advanced navigational skills of the Viking civilizations of ancient Earth, particularly their use of crystallized calcium carbonate to spot the position of the Sun when it'd be hidden behind the clouds. For this purpose, they named it sunstone.

Wil: I'm impressed, you know more about Earth's ancient history than I do!

Eos: The Vikings have always been a special interest of mine.

*Eos turned back around and Wil and McLean shared a grin between the two of them.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Kathryn Janeway
    edited July 2013
    *U.S.S. Bunker Hill, approaching Beta Pictoris. The ship drops out of warp to meet the Galaxy-Class U.S.S. Victorious, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Constantinople, and Intrepid-Class U.S.S. Oxford. The Victorious has had a small section of its Saucer cut out, and some carbon scoring can be seen.*

Soval *Over Comm*: U.S.S. Bunker Hill and U.S.S. Sunstone arriving on-station.

Ryan *Over Comm*: Copy, Admiral. I'll meet you and Captain Thryiss in the Victorious Observation Lounge, with whatever party you want to bring with you.
    edited July 2013
    *U.S.S. Bunker Hill, approaching Beta Pictoris. The ship drops out of warp to meet the Galaxy-Class U.S.S. Victorious, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Constantinople, and Intrepid-Class U.S.S. Oxford. The Victorious has had a small section of its Saucer cut out, and some carbon scoring can be seen.*

Soval *Over Comm*: U.S.S. Bunker Hill and U.S.S. Sunstone arriving on-station.

Ryan *Over Comm*: Copy, Admiral. I'll meet you and Captain Thryiss in the Victorious Observation Lounge, with whatever party you want to bring with you.

Thryiss: McLean, Wil, you're with me. Eos, you have the bridge.

*The three of them head down to the transporter room where they are taken to the U.S.S. Victorious.*

Transporter Officer: Greetings, Captain. The observation lounge is located on Deck 1, adjacent the bridge.

Thryiss: Thank you, crewman.

*They make their way to the observation lounge. On the way, they see repair crews bustling about the ship. They enter the lounge and meet Captain Ryan, along with the captains of the Constantinople and the Oxford.*

Thryiss: (With a satisfied grin) Looks like we beat Soval.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Kathryn Janeway
    edited July 2013

Thryiss: McLean, Wil, you're with me. Eos, you have the bridge.

*The three of them head down to the transporter room where they are taken to the U.S.S. Victorious.*

Transporter Officer: Greetings, Captain. The observation lounge is located on Deck 1, adjacent the bridge.

Thryiss: Thank you, crewman.

*They make their way to the observation lounge. On the way, they see repair crews bustling about the ship. They enter the lounge and meet Captain Ryan, along with the captains of the Constantinople and the Oxford.*

Thryiss: (With a satisfied grin) Looks like we beat Soval.

Ryan: By 2 minutes. He just beamed aboard.

*He smiles and walks over to Captain Thryiss, extending a hand to her.*

Captain Ryan Allington.
    edited July 2013
    Ryan: By 2 minutes. He just beamed aboard.

*He smiles and walks over to Captain Thryiss, extending a hand to her.*

Captain Ryan Allington.

*Thryiss takes the offer to shake his hand.*

Thryiss: Captain Thryiss of the U.S.S. Sunstone. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Captain, Allington! This is my First Officer, Commander McLean, and my Chief Tactical Officer and Chief of Security, Lieutenant Wil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Kathryn Janeway
    edited July 2013
    *Thryiss takes the offer to shake his hand.*

Thryiss: Captain Thryiss of the U.S.S. Sunstone. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Captain, Allington! This is my First Officer, Commander McLean, and my Chief Tactical Officer and Chief of Security, Lieutenant Wil.

Ryan: Commander, Lieutenant.

*He gestures to a Trill female on his right.*

May I introduce Captain Marilla Saph of the U.S.S. Oxford...

*Then to a human male on his left.*

... And Captain John Sheridan of the U.S.S. Constantinople.

*The two captains nod to Thryiss' party.*

Now, please, take a seat while we wait on the Vice Admi--

*Just then, Soval walks in with T'las.*

Nevermind.

*He walks over to Soval and gives the Vulcan salute, with Soval returns.*

Live long and prosper, Soval.

Soval: Peace and long life.

*He nods to the other Captains.*

Captain Saph.

*Captain Saph nods in return. Soval then walks over and shakes Sheridan's hand.*

An honour to meet you, Captain.

Sheridan: The honour is mine.

*He then turns to Thryiss, extending a hand.*

Soval: Captain Thryiss. An honour to finally meet you in person.
    edited July 2013
    Ryan: Commander, Lieutenant.

*He gestures to a Trill female on his right.*

May I introduce Captain Marilla Saph of the U.S.S. Oxford...

*Then to a human male on his left.*

... And Captain John Sheridan of the U.S.S. Constantinople.

*The two captains nod to Thryiss' party.*

Now, please, take a seat while we wait on the Vice Admi--

*Just then, Soval walks in with T'las.*

Nevermind.

*He walks over to Soval and gives the Vulcan salute, with Soval returns.*

Live long and prosper, Soval.

Soval: Peace and long life.

*He nods to the other Captains.*

Captain Saph.

*Captain Saph nods in return. Soval then walks over and shakes Sheridan's hand.*

An honour to meet you, Captain.

Sheridan: The honour is mine.

*He then turns to Thryiss, extending a hand.*

Soval: Captain Thryiss. An honour to finally meet you in person.

*Thryiss returns the handshake.*

Thryiss: The pleasure's all mine! I never got the chance to properly thank you for saving my ship and taking care of my crew. (To Ryan) Now, if I'm not mistaken, we have some business at hand! Or is that hole in your ship just for looks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Kathryn Janeway
    edited July 2013
    *Thryiss returns the handshake.*

Thryiss: The pleasure's all mine! I never got the chance to properly thank you for saving my ship and taking care of my crew. (To Ryan) Now, if I'm not mistaken, we have some business at hand! Or is that hole in your ship just for looks?

*Ryan sits down at the Conference Table, with Soval and T'las following suit. Ryan's face turns slightly grave.*

Ryan: No one was killed - thank God. We've got 5 injuries, nothing major.

We were attacked by a Borg Cube - the same one that destroyed the Lexington's Battle Group a few days ago.

These Borg were attacking a lot differently than in previous encounters - even compared to Vega. I think their little roast-carving was a warning - either that, or they felt my ship really needed the ventilation.

Soval: Would it not be more logical to return to Starbase for repairs?

Ryan: Soval, the Victorious was equipped for the long haul during last months's refit. We've got industrial replicators, Sphinx Workpods and enough repair parts to completely repair the hulls and RCS ports of 2 Galaxy-Class Vessels. Besides, they took one of my crew.

*Captain Marilla "Daya" Saph turns and looks at Ryan, worried. She sees a look she knows too well; grief, concern, and anger. She's known him since the Academy, and has only seen that look once.*

Daya: Who was it?

Ryan: My Chief Engineer; Lieutenant Commander Elizabeth Dannover. We rescued her from the Borg at Vega. She was an Engineer on the U.S.S. Kelvin. She'd--

Soval: Wait a minute. What did you say?

Ryan: She was an engineer on the Kelvin?

Soval: Before that.

Ryan: She'd been assimilated at Vega, but we got there before the Borg had a chance to take her off the Kelvin.

Soval: She was assimilated at Vega?

Ryan: Yes.

Soval, are you okay?

Soval: Yes. Captain, did anything else about the Borg's behaviour strike you as... unusual?

Ryan: Actually, yes.

Allington to Bridge.

Wenj *Over Comm*: Bridge here.

Ryan: Wenj, put up the transmission we received from the Borg vessel.

*He directs everyone's attention to the screen.*

Computer, begin playback.

*The screen flashes to life, showing a typical Borg Command Centre, hauntingly reminding everyone in the room of the transmission sent out by Locutus at Wolf 359 50 years earlier. Hidden in the shadows, a feminine figure stands in the centre of the screen. Two drones can be easily made out.*

Soval: Freeze frame.

*The playback stops barely after it starts.*

Ryan: Soval?

Soval: I recognise them.

*He looks at the drone on the left, astonished by the lack of external implants, aside from the base of an optical implant. The drone's eyes are bloodshot and his expression filled with pain, yet cold. He was wearing a Teal Antares-02 Medical Uniform. Soval couldn't help but recognise him.*

The one on the left is Ensign Thomas Demitz. He was a medic aboard the U.S.S. Miranda.

The one on the right... is Lieutenant Dalo Makri. He was our Operations Officer.

Daya: Wait. They were both Officers on the Miranda?

T'las: Soval, there's something you're not telling us.

Soval: I don't know whether it is relevant yet. Resume.

*The playback resumes again, and the figure begins speaking.*

Figure: We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your lives are over - your existence flawed. Your extermination is necessary.

Soval *disbelief, as though he'd seen a ghost*: I recognise that voice...

Figure: Resistance is futile. You shall turn over Elizabeth Dannover to us. Failure to comply will result in your immediate destruction.

*The playback ends.*

Ryan: Immediately after that, the Borg began cutting into the Saucer. A drone beamed over and took Commander Dannover.

*t'las looks at Soval, who still looks as though he'd seen a ghost.*
    edited July 2013
    *Ryan sits down at the Conference Table, with Soval and T'las following suit. Ryan's face turns slightly grave.*

Ryan: No one was killed - thank God. We've got 5 injuries, nothing major.

We were attacked by a Borg Cube - the same one that destroyed the Lexington's Battle Group a few days ago.

These Borg were attacking a lot differently than in previous encounters - even compared to Vega. I think their little roast-carving was a warning - either that, or they felt my ship really needed the ventilation.

Soval: Would it not be more logical to return to Starbase for repairs?

Ryan: Soval, the Victorious was equipped for the long haul during last months's refit. We've got industrial replicators, Sphinx Workpods and enough repair parts to completely repair the hulls and RCS ports of 2 Galaxy-Class Vessels. Besides, they took one of my crew.

*Captain Marilla "Daya" Saph turns and looks at Ryan, worried. She sees a look she knows too well; grief, concern, and anger. She's known him since the Academy, and has only seen that look once.*

Daya: Who was it?

Ryan: My Chief Engineer; Lieutenant Commander Elizabeth Dannover. We rescued her from the Borg at Vega. She was an Engineer on the U.S.S. Kelvin. She'd--

Soval: Wait a minute. What did you say?

Ryan: She was an engineer on the Kelvin?

Soval: Before that.

Ryan: She'd been assimilated at Vega, but we got there before the Borg had a chance to take her off the Kelvin.

Soval: She was assimilated at Vega?

Ryan: Yes.

Soval, are you okay?

Soval: Yes. Captain, did anything else about the Borg's behaviour strike you as... unusual?

Ryan: Actually, yes.

Allington to Bridge.

Wenj *Over Comm*: Bridge here.

Ryan: Wenj, put up the transmission we received from the Borg vessel.

*He directs everyone's attention to the screen.*

Computer, begin playback.

*The screen flashes to life, showing a typical Borg Command Centre, hauntingly reminding everyone in the room of the transmission sent out by Locutus at Wolf 359 50 years earlier. Hidden in the shadows, a feminine figure stands in the centre of the screen. Two drones can be easily made out.*

Soval: Freeze frame.

*The playback stops barely after it starts.*

Ryan: Soval?

Soval: I recognise them.

*He looks at the drone on the left, astonished by the lack of external implants, aside from the base of an optical implant. The drone's eyes are bloodshot and his expression filled with pain, yet cold. He was wearing a Teal Antares-02 Medical Uniform. Soval couldn't help but recognise him.*

The one on the left is Ensign Thomas Demitz. He was a medic aboard the U.S.S. Miranda.

The one on the right... is Lieutenant Dalo Makri. He was our Operations Officer.

Daya: Wait. They were both Officers on the Miranda?

T'las: Soval, there's something you're not telling us.

Soval: I don't know whether it is relevant yet. Resume.

*The playback resumes again, and the figure begins speaking.*

Figure: We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your lives are over - your existence flawed. Your extermination is necessary.

Soval *disbelief, as though he'd seen a ghost*: I recognise that voice...

Figure: Resistance is futile. You shall turn over Elizabeth Dannover to us. Failure to comply will result in your immediate destruction.

*The playback ends.*

Ryan: Immediately after that, the Borg began cutting into the Saucer. A drone beamed over and took Commander Dannover.

*t'las looks at Soval, who still looks as though he'd seen a ghost.*

Thryiss: Strange... The Borg aren't prone to extraction missions. And "extermination"? Something is seriously off here.

*Wil notices Soval's expression of distress.*

Wil: Admiral?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Kathryn Janeway
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *USS Dreadnought, Odyssey class, floating in space, somewhere near the Gamma Orionis sector block. On the bridge....*

Voporak: Anything new?

Vranlek: No sir. Nothing's changed in the several days we've been floating here.

Voporak: Well the bad part about detached duty is that sometimes, you have nowhere to go.

Omet'etan: Better than being stuck charting nebulas, in my opinion.

*A terminal beeps*

Vranlek: We've got something on long range sensors. It's a science ship, sending out a distress call.

Voporak: Let's hear it.

Audio of an officer: This is the USS Sojourner... help... attacked by... found a... in...

Vranlek: That's all there is.

Voporak: Where is that ship?

Vranlek: Half a lightyear outside of the Mutara Nebula.

Voporak: Set a course for the Sojourner, time-lapse the warp drive to get us there fast. Engage.

*The Dreadnought jumps to warp and traverses space at an incredible speed. Within minutes, they drop to impulse near the Sojourner. The Rhode Island class ship floats derelict in space, missing a nacelle, almost half the primary hull destroyed, and most of its surface is burned and pitted with holes.*

Vranlek: I am not reading any life forms. There are no habitable areas of the ship. All systems on it are destroyed and wreckage from an ejected and destroyed warp core are floating out there. She's just a hulk of tritanium now.

Mirra: Whatever did this obviously did not want to steal anything from the ship.

Voporak: So, a wrecked science vessel, her entire crew killed, all systems blown to little fragments, but the ship itself was not totally destroyed. Any explanation?

Vranlek: I believe I can give you one. There are hundreds of peculiar energy signatures coming from the Mutara Nebula.

Voporak: I think it's time we go charting nebulas. *He turns to look at Omet'etan* How 'bout it?

*The rest of the bridge officers smile as the ship approaches the nebula*

May: 30 seconds until we enter the nebula. Our shields should protect us from having our sensors scrambled.

Voporak: Bridge to Engineering. Jirod, keep an eye on the core as we go in. We've got no idea how that big purple cloud will affect it.

Jirod: Aye sir.

Mirra: You do know that Starfleet doesn't want ships to go in there, right?

Voporak: I am well aware of that fact.

May: Ten seconds.

*The massive ship slips into the cloud*

We have entered the Mutara Nebula.

Vranlek: The energy readings are coming from deep in here. I can't tell what they are, though.

Voporak: Keep me updated if anything changes.

May: Captain, there is- wait. It's gone.

Voporak: What?

May: I thought I detected something moving in here, but it doesn't look like it's there any more.

Vranlek: Even though they're still online, sensors aren't doing as well as they normally would. I am not picking up anything else.

Voporak: Bring up the viewscreen. May, I am giving the screen's controls to the helm. If you detect anything else, feel free to look around.

*The bridge is unusually quiet as the flashing lights of the ship move through the dark nebula*

May: There it is again!

*She moves the view and they all see a dark shadow appear briefly, and vanish*

Mirra: I wonder what that-

Vranlek: Look down!

*May changes the screen to the bottom camera, and visible is a vague shape, but not a natural one; it looks to be artificial in form. It quickly disappears*

Voporak: Can you tell what that was?

Vranlek: No. However, it seems that it is something that has been constructed.

*Voporak remains silent as the ship continues its journey*

The energy signatures are getting close.

Voporak: Let's see what's in front of us.

*The viewscreen shows a glowing circle against the purple clouds*

What is that?

Vranlek: I'm not sure.

May: Object directly behind us, and coming on fast! It's huge!

Voporak: Evasive maneuvers!

*The Dreadnought speeds up and banks off to the right, as a Borg tactical cube flies by*

What the hell!

Vranlek: Sir. I think we'd better switch to the port camera.

*May changes the screen, and it reveals the Dreadnought in an open part of the nebula; but the most obvious and terrifying thing is what the cube is flying towards: a Borg transwarp hub.*

Mirra: A hub...

May (she is a liberated drone): They've built one here too... this is a very strategic point for them to put a hub, since it is hidden and right next to the Federation.

Voporak: Have they detected us?

Vranlek: Most likely, however they don't seem to think we are a threat, or else there would be hundreds of cubes on us right now.

Voporak: Let's just remain here for a while. We'll pick up as much sensor data as we can on it, but the moment they try to attack us, we get out of here.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited July 2013
    Thryiss: Strange... The Borg aren't prone to extraction missions. And "extermination"? Something is seriously off here.

*Wil notices Soval's expression of distress.*

Wil: Admiral?

Soval: I... I am fine.

Ryan: You sure?

Soval: Yes.

Ryan: Alright...

You've all, no doubt, heard of the... incidents... which have been plaguing Starfleets liberated Borg population?

T'las: Dannover was effected by it?

Ryan: Yes. I volunteered to check it out, and she was okay with being asked to lead us to where it came from.

Sheridan: And that was...?

Ryan: The Haakona System. At first, I figured we'd be heading to the Vault, but then the Lexington's Battle Group was attacked by the Borg Cube that later attacked us.
    edited July 2013
    Soval: I... I am fine.

Ryan: You sure?

Soval: Yes.

Ryan: Alright...

You've all, no doubt, heard of the... incidents... which have been plaguing Starfleets liberated Borg population?

T'las: Dannover was effected by it?

Ryan: Yes. I volunteered to check it out, and she was okay with being asked to lead us to where it came from.

Sheridan: And that was...?

Ryan: The Haakona System. At first, I figured we'd be heading to the Vault, but then the Lexington's Battle Group was attacked by the Borg Cube that later attacked us.

Thryiss: When precisely did the effects on the liberated Borg begin?

McLean: And what link could there be between the Borg and the Haakona System?

*Wil began to think about the possible threats to the Sunstone. Thankfully, he didn't recall there being any liberated Borg aboard the ship. However, Borg technology has been thoroughly integrated into the ship's systems. It may be nothing to worry about, but he wrote himself a note on his PADD to be mindful of the Astrometrix lab, just in case.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Kathryn Janeway
    edited July 2013
    *Mutara Nebula*

Vranlek: Well, we've got all the sensor data of this place we're going to get.

Voporak: Alright. If there's nothing else, let's plot a course out of here.

May: Taking us out of here at one-half impulse.

*The Dreadnought turns around and begins to move away from the transwarp hub*

Vranlek: Wait a second! Something strange came through when a cube activated and went through one of the gateways. It appeared to be a transmission of some sort.

Voporak: What did it say?

Vranlek: I don't know. It was very brief, but what I can tell you is that it came from the other end of the transwarp aperture.

Voporak: Let's see if we can get any more of that message. Take us back there, and move slow and steady towards the transmission's gate.

Mirra: They don't consider us a threat now, but it's most likely that they will if we get to close.

Voporak: I'll take that chance.

*The hub gets closer on the viewscreen as they approach*

Omet'etan: No reaction from the Borg vessels.

Voporak: Get us within 7 kilometers of the gate. Then we'll wait for a cube to go through.

*They fly in front of the gateway, and the Borg ships remain neutral to the Dreadnought's presence*

Omet'etan: They're ignoring us still, for now anyway.

Voporak: They likely won't perceive us any danger unless we try to use the hub.

May: There's a sphere moving, and we're in its way.

Voporak: move us forward just enough.

*The sphere passes behind the ship, and a few seconds later Jirod comes on over the comm*

Jirod (over comm): Captain, the temporal core is acting funny. The Borg node it's based off of is doing something, but I can't tell you what.

Vranlek: I can. The gateway is activating!

*The hexagonal structure powers up, turned on by the core*

Omet'etan: Five cubes and two spheres are closing on us.

Voporak: Red alert! All hands to battle stations!

*The lights dim and the alarm sounds*

Omet'etan: They're blocking our way out!

Voporak: Maximum power to shields. Prepare the antiproton weapons.

*The cubes come in range and fire on the Dreadnought, severely weakening its shields and disabling systems*

Omet'etan: Weapons offline! Shields failing! We can't stay here!

Mirra: And we can't make it out.

Voporak: Yes we can. There is one way. *He stands up* Voporak to all crew, everyone to the Phantom, repeat, everyone to the Phantom!

*The small crew hurries down to the stardrive section. The bridge officers file into the turbolifts. Before Voporak, the last one, steps in, he turns and looks upon the wrecked bridge. The bridge of the prototype Odyssey class, and the ship most dear to Voporak. He finally enters the turbolift, and the bridge officers proceed to the lower part of the saucer. As they run through the halls, they can hear the muffled explosions and feel the ship shaking. Smoke and fire are everywhere, burned out consoles lining the walls. Voporak hits his combadge*

Voporak (running): Jirod, are you almost ready to launch?

Jirod: I've just got to disconnect us from the Dreadnought and we're good to go.

Voporak: Voporak out.

*They continue running until they get to just behind the deflector dish. A final door opens to reveal a massive room where the Black Phantom is docked. Two connections, one from the ceiling and one from the floor, hook into the Phantom's temporal warp core. The last of the crew is hurrying up the walkway to the ship as the officers enter. Nanhud, chief medical officer, if there waiting for them at the bottom of the ramp*

Nanhud: No fatalities, but several wounded.

Voporak: Good to know.

*The ship shakes violently. The dashes up the ramp, it folds back up, and the connections to the core retract*

Voporak: Bridge, open up the docking bay doors. We'll be there shortly.

*They take the turbolift up to the bridge, but are knocked off their feet, the entire ship shaking as the Dreadnought's starboard warp nacelle explodes*

Voporak (exiting the turbolift on the bridge): Get us out of here!

May (taking the helm): Docking bay doors are open. Activating thrusters.

*The Black Phantom moves down, bumping into the walls as the Dreadnought is knocked around (the Phantom was deep inside the ship, they have to move down several decks to get out)*

May: Almost out.

Voporak: Activate main shield bubble as soon as possible.

Omet'etan: Weapons standing by.

Voporak: No, we're not fighting them. We'll never survive, given the fact that even more Borg have joined the fight.

May: We're clear.

Omet'etan: Main shields are up.

Voporak: Fly us into that gateway.

Mirra: Sir?

Voporak: It's our only hope. Full impulse power.

May: Hold on.

*The Phantom rockets forward, heading straight for the transwarp conduit. Voporak, on his chair's console screen, looks back at the broken, near-destroyed Dreadnought. The Borg have ignored it and are now focusing on the Phantom.*

Voporak: Computer, deploy message beacon with this transmission: To any Federation starship who is receiving this, please take the Dreadnought back to spacedock and have it fixed up. End transmission. Launch and attach to the Dreadnought.

*A probe is fired out of the Phantom just before it enters the conduit. The probe attaches itself to the ship's hull, which the Borg are no longer attacking.*

May: We're inside the network.

Mirra: There's nothing to stop the Borg from following us.

Omet'etan: Yes there is, actually. A tricobalt device should do the trick.

Voporak: Go for it.

*A tricobalt device is ejected from the end of the ship as it flies through the hub's network. The device hits the support conduit that leads into the aperture that the Phantom just entered, destroying it, and preventing the Borg from following.*

May: Exit 15 seconds ahead.

Vranlek: And it's where the alien transmission is originating from.

*The ship drops out of transwarp, in a solar system. There is a destroyed planet, with debris all around*

May: We're far away, Captain.

Voporak: How far away?

May: Almost right on the border of the Delta and Gamma quadrants, on the edge of the galaxy.

Voporak: This day just got a lot worse. As long as we're here, let's hear that message.

*Vranlek puts it on the speaker*

???: They were here... they are real... the legends are true... they are the ancient Decimators... they are the People that Never Were...

Vranlek: That's it.

Voporak: Who ever these 'Decimators' are, they sure do a fine job of it.

Mirra: It sounds like some civilization's history that they thought was untrue, but turned out to be real.

May: This is quite a powerful force... it could even be a threat to the Federation someday; however, given that we're far away I doubt it.

Voporak: How long ago did this happen?

Vranlek: Three days ago. And nothing on sensors, except that Borg cube from earlier, but it's long gone.

Voporak: I don't think this is something we can dismiss. Three days, and whatever it was is already gone from sensors.

*Voporak stands up and walks a few steps towards the viewscreen, showing the wrecked planet*

Everyone, we have a mystery on our hands... and I intend to solve it.

OOC: I'll be gone for the next five days, I just wanted to set this up. It's actually the premise of a foundry mission I never got around to making, but what I have in mind is pretty epic. So, remember that the Dreadnought's severely damaged hull is still sitting there, transmitting a cryptic message... this should be fun. :)
    edited July 2013
    Thryiss: When precisely did the effects on the liberated Borg begin?

McLean: And what link could there be between the Borg and the Haakona System?

*Wil began to think about the possible threats to the Sunstone. Thankfully, he didn't recall there being any liberated Borg aboard the ship. However, Borg technology has been thoroughly integrated into the ship's systems. It may be nothing to worry about, but he wrote himself a note on his PADD to be mindful of the Astrometrix lab, just in case.*

Ryan: A couple of days ago. It was in the Starfleet Daiy Status Report.

Soval: The Vault is in the Haakona System. We know that the Vault houses Borg technology...
    edited July 2013
    Ryan: A couple of days ago. It was in the Starfleet Daiy Status Report.

Soval: The Vault is in the Haakona System. We know that the Vault houses Borg technology...

Wil: Isn't the Vault occupied by the Reman Resistance?

Thryiss: Yes, Obisek claimed it as their new base, and a home for anyone who needs one.

McLean: We should hail them. They could be in danger.

Thryiss: They could also be the ones causing it.

McLean: Sir?

Thryiss: As Soval mentioned, the Vault contains Borg technology. No doubt Obisek would've sealed it off from everyone living onboard, but I'd imagine there are quite a few people who'd love to get their hands on it. This could be a deliberate attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Kathryn Janeway
    edited July 2013
    Wil: Isn't the Vault occupied by the Reman Resistance?

Thryiss: Yes, Obisek claimed it as their new base, and a home for anyone who needs one.

McLean: We should hail them. They could be in danger.

Thryiss: They could also be the ones causing it.

McLean: Sir?

Thryiss: As Soval mentioned, the Vault contains Borg technology. No doubt Obisek would've sealed it off from everyone living onboard, but I'd imagine there are quite a few people who'd love to get their hands on it. This could be a deliberate attack.

Ryan: The Remans are also allies of the Romulan Republic. How do we handle this without alienating D'tan's people?
  • levonscottlevonscott Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OOC: Sorry if I get this completely wrong - I have stumbled onto this thread and hope it works...

*The USS Novella, Nebula Class Fleet Advanced Research Science Vessel, Sits in drydock above Earth*

Vice Admiral Levon: Status.

Chief Ops Zessys: All systems ready for the shakedown cruise, sir.

Levon: Perfect. Ops - clear us for departure.

Ops: Cleared.

Levon: Conn, take us out.

Conn: Aye sir. Setting heading of 342 mark 180 mark 180.

Levon: Acceptable

*Sits down in chair and looks over his shoulder*

Levon: Mirra - how are the tactical sensors?

Chief Tactical Mirra: All functioning.

Levon: Perfect. All hands - prepare for the shakedown cruise.

Ops: Sir, incoming transmission from starfleet command.

Levon: Onscreen.

*A chubby Fleet Admiral appears on the viewer*
    Viewer: Levon, I just thought I would say goodbye. Have fun on your voyage - don't get too wound up in the Delta Quadrant that you can't come home. We don't want a repeat of the Nukara incident.

Levon: Of course not. Thankyou sir.

*Viewscreen turns off*

Levon: Conn, set a course - The delta quadrant, via Deep space 9. Warp 7.

Conn: Aye sir.

Levon: To boldly go...

*Levon stands up and walks to his ready room. He sits at his desk and activates his computer.*

Levon: computer, display system schematics.

Computer: Please specify.

Levon: Tactical readiness.
    *Computer reads out:

? 6 Mk XX Advanced Adaptive Phaser Beam Arrays (3 Fore, 3 Aft)
    ? 2 Mk XX Advanced Adaptive Dual Phaser Beam Banks (2 Fore)
    ? 2 Advanced Kinetic Cutting Beams (1 Dorsal, 1 Ventral)
    ? 1 Mk XX Advanced Shield Disruption Beam Array (1 Fore)
    ? 1 Isokinetic Cannon (1 Fore)
    ? 4 Fore and 2 Aft launchers, with a replicable supply of torpedoes
    ? Advanced Directed Energy Weapon and Torpedo Point Defence System (ADT Defence) *

Levon: hmm... Scientific refits over the Novella's lifespan.
    *Computer reads out:

? Ionized Gas Sensor ? Detects generically cloaked ships (modifications to cloaking device may render this useless).
    ? Multidimensional Wave-Function Analysis Module ? Detects and neutralises the effect of special anomalies.
    ? Tipler Cylinder ? Allows time-travel.
    ? Transwarp Computer ? Allows Transwarp calculations.
    ? Zero-Point Energy Conduit ? Allows instantaneous turning of the ship, with no energy or speed loss.
    ? Enhanced Plasma Manifold ? More efficient energy conversion and movement.
    ? Multiple Borg enhancements to every system, mostly the shields and power systems. *

Levon: hmm... What is the Novella's primary mission?

Computer: To seek out new life, civilisations and to explore the vast undiscovered expanse that is the delta quadrant. Secondary missions include Borg investigations, technological investigations and temporal investigations.

OOC: If you need any more info about the ship, I have written a full info sheet that i can read to you. Just ask the computer in any of your posts! Again, a major sorry if i got this wrong.
    Fleet Admiral Levon - USS Justice, USS Knowledge, USS Unity - Presidio, Geneva, and Concorde-class Command Battlecruisers
    Dahar Master K'Levon - USS Colossus H - Fleet Qib-class Intelligence Battlecruiser
    Fleet Admiral D'Levon - USS Fulcrum F - Upgraded Ar'Kif-class Tactical Carrier Warbird
    XJDs74b.jpg
    To boldly go...
    edited July 2013
    levonscott wrote: »
    OOC: Sorry if I get this completely wrong - I have stumbled onto this thread and hope it works...

*The USS Novella, Nebula Class Fleet Advanced Research Science Vessel, Sits in drydock above Earth*

Vice Admiral Levon: Status.

Chief Ops Zessys: All systems ready for the shakedown cruise, sir.

Levon: Perfect. Ops - clear us for departure.

Ops: Cleared.

Levon: Conn, take us out.

Conn: Aye sir. Setting heading of 342 mark 180 mark 180.

Levon: Acceptable

*Sits down in chair and looks over his shoulder*

Levon: Mirra - how are the tactical sensors?

Chief Tactical Mirra: All functioning.

Levon: Perfect. All hands - prepare for the shakedown cruise.

Ops: Sir, incoming transmission from starfleet command.

Levon: Onscreen.

*A chubby Fleet Admiral appears on the viewer*
    Viewer: Levon, I just thought I would say goodbye. Have fun on your voyage - don't get too wound up in the Delta Quadrant that you can't come home. We don't want a repeat of the Nukara incident.

Levon: Of course not. Thankyou sir.

*Viewscreen turns off*

Levon: Conn, set a course - The delta quadrant, via Deep space 9. Warp 7.

Conn: Aye sir.

Levon: To boldly go...

*Levon stands up and walks to his ready room. He sits at his desk and activates his computer.*

Levon: computer, display system schematics.

Computer: Please specify.

Levon: Tactical readiness.

Levon: hmm... Scientific refits over the Novella's lifespan.

Levon: hmm... What is the Novella's primary mission?

Computer: To seek out new life, civilisations and to explore the vast undiscovered expanse that is the delta quadrant. Secondary missions include Borg investigations, technological investigations and temporal investigations.

OOC: If you need any more info about the ship, I have written a full info sheet that i can read to you. Just ask the computer in any of your posts! Again, a major sorry if i got this wrong.

OOC: Looks great. You're doing fine.
    edited July 2013
    Ryan: The Remans are also allies of the Romulan Republic. How do we handle this without alienating D'tan's people?

Soval: Obisek isn't associated with these Borg.

Ryan: What?

Soval: If this were related to the Vault, we would have heard about it. The Vault does house Borg technology, so it is more likely that our adversaries are after that technology.
  • levonscottlevonscott Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OOC: Looks great. You're doing fine.

I have just come out of space dock, if you require any assistance in any of your plots, I would love the chance to help out. I have nothing in my head for my own plot right now.

That goes for anyone who wants another player in their plot.
    Fleet Admiral Levon - USS Justice, USS Knowledge, USS Unity - Presidio, Geneva, and Concorde-class Command Battlecruisers
    Dahar Master K'Levon - USS Colossus H - Fleet Qib-class Intelligence Battlecruiser
    Fleet Admiral D'Levon - USS Fulcrum F - Upgraded Ar'Kif-class Tactical Carrier Warbird
    XJDs74b.jpg
    To boldly go...
    edited July 2013
    *Unknown, destroyed solar system*

Vranlek: Scans are completed sir, and the results are rather disturbing.

Voporak: Do tell.

Vranlek: It appears that there was a warp-capable culture here until just recently, but that obviously changed. They were the ones that dropped this message beacon.

Voporak: Did the Borg do this?

Vranlek: No - the Borg are not the things that are referred to. The planet fragments show residual antiproton signatures.

Voporak: Iconians...

Vranlek: It doesn't look like it was the Iconians either. Whatever weapons were used were similar but not Iconian in origin. It was something else. Something far more powerful.

Voporak: Something with the power to wipe out an entire civilization in one swoop, and it's on the loose. Not good. Are there any other intelligent species around here?

Vranlek: There are warp capable ships going to and from a nearby star system - but they are not in a panic. I don't think they have sensors that can reach far enough to show the destruction here.

Mirra: We should warn them of the danger, because these things may decide to attack them next.

Voporak: Agreed. Set course for that system, warp 9. Engage.

*The Phantom jumps to warp and is a few minutes away when all goes wrong*

Vranlek: Something's happening. An antiproton blast just hit their main planet. If there was a ship there, it is either cloaked or somehow appeared and was gone faster than our scanners can detect.

Voporak: Raise the cloak. Visual.

*The viewscreen shows the planet explode, obliterating every ship nearby, everyone killed. The bridge is silent for several moments*

Vranlek: It was the same attackers as before.

Voporak: Are they still around?

Vranlek: Not as far as I can tell.

Voporak: Alright... do long range scans for other sentient peoples and warp us to any that you find. We might have a few days before this happens again.