test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Too many log in attempts

I was playing STO last night, was called away from the PC quite quickly, and I left the game running. When I came back, I was back on the log-in screen, as it normally does when you are timed out for inactivity - but I was unable to log back in.

It keeps repeating "Too many log in attempts, try again later" -

Some items had been knocked onto the keyboard - I suppose it is possible they could have landed on the enter key, but other than that, I cannot think of any reason for it saying I have had many log in attempts.

Exactly how much later?, I've waited quite a while now, but it is still not allowing me to log in.

Is there anything I can do to unlock my account?
Post edited by philhodgson on

Comments

• Options
    feeblezakfeeblezak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They are not planning to fix it and the only way to access the game is a third party. People are locked out of the game for weeks at a time.
  • Options
    tansage75tansage75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Apparently, this can happen to you if you use the correct password and account multiple times also.

I would like to know more, since I took a vacation day to spend on STO
  • Options
    montrosiummontrosium Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the issue where I try to log in and I get the Incorrect username or pass message istanly after hitting enter, I have it with the STO launcher AND ARC so its all of PWE Games.
  • Options
    tovalbainntovalbainn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As of 7/12/13 I am getting this error on all of my accounts on 4 different computers all systems are running windows 7 64bit 2 have home and 1 has pro on it I am on a AT&T Uverse connection witch is VDSL I have deleted all temp files and have cycled my Ip address of the modem and have even tried to connect with all security disabled also uninstalled and reinstalled STO and still get the same message please help I am losing time on Risa and I am already half way to getting my ship
  • Options
    curufeancurufean Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I started getting this error today on my first login attempt. If I uninstall the game and reinstall it will this fix the problem?
    Captain Mobeus Chronox
  • Options
    curufeancurufean Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall the game, this did not work as the launcher would not even go to "patching" and thus would not reinstall the game. Oddly, even when there was nothing but my username in the launcher it still said that there were too many attempts and to try again later, which makes me think that the launcher isn't even trying to communicate with the login server. I was able to solve the problem at least I *THINK* I have solved the problem. I bypassed my router and connected direct to my modem, I restarted my computer and with a "fresh" IP I was able to get the launcher to go to "patching" I am now reinstalling the game. This at least is progress. We shall see if I can successfully log in after the reinstall.

Update:

This did work for me.
    Captain Mobeus Chronox