test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please update the Tal Shiar Uniform

Comments

• qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    in terms of the uniform levelling with you.. the story arc doesn't progress into the higher ranks, so in story terms, you would never have need/access to those advanced pieces of the uniform. so i can understand the limitations although i too would much enjoy having a fully tal shiar decked out rom toon at 50
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • neversetdrumneversetdrum Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Totally agree. Wear tal shiar outfits on my main and all her bridge crew. Wish my female could wear the chest piece as Command and mix and match bridge crew according to their ranks.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    I would love the full set of Tal Shiar uniform pieces.

They look Romulan (except for that collar thing from higher ranks).
    Like the Reman uniforms the assets are fully ingame, and can be worn by players (from the LoR testing), so why haven't we got them yet?

This! This so much! That first pictures showcases exactly what I was talking about. It seems like that picture shows them on a Reman player, is that correct?

Also, it would be nice to get the full Reman NPC selection as well, but after seeing how long we've gone without the full Klingon NPC outfits, that might take a long time.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    This! This so much! That first pictures showcases exactly what I was talking about. It seems like that picture shows them on a Reman player, is that correct?

Also, it would be nice to get the full Reman NPC selection as well, but after seeing how long we've gone without the full Klingon NPC outfits, that might take a long time.

Yes. That's my Reman, the uniforms are increasing in rank from ulan to admiral.

I was thinking of doing a Romulan request thread similar to my Klingon one, but the two images are the only things I could think about putting in there.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2014
    Yes. That's my Reman, the uniforms are increasing in rank from ulan to admiral.

I was thinking of doing a Romulan request thread similar to my Klingon one, but the two images are the only things I could think about putting in there.

I hope you do just that, because I'm tired of NPCs getting so many uniform pieces and outfits that we have no way to access without it being a glitch in the tailor on Tribble.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I hope the parts can be intetchangeable.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Did catoblepasbeta found out the palette for the high ranked officers?

In-game handle @Janetza
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    I literally just discovered this uniform tonight... put it on my character immediately. :D The Republic uniforms are... too 17th century... I don't want to look like Napoleon. The RomFed looks awful. And, I'm not a fan of the 24th century set... I don't like th linebacker look, LOL. I wish they'd add the uniforms we saw in DS9 and VOY, those were sharp.

Anyhoo... yes to this thread. More options for this uniform!!!!
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    edited July 2014
    I thought the same thing, plus the later TOS uniforms aren't that bad. At the least, we all want what the NPCs have.
    R E M A I N

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just did a Replay of "Step Between the Stars" and the Logistics Officer who you talk to after watching Tuvok's message (when you stand in a circle with your BoFF's and she says GTFO and kill stuff)

She is wearing a beige coloured, Long Sleeve Jacket/Shirt and Long Pants ... But they have Tal Shiar markings or patterns on them! ... Kinda' like a Civilian Tal Shiar Uniform ... WTF?

I'll try to get a screener next time, or if she's hiding somewhere under Kaol's Desk maybe ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i would also like this as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited July 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    She is wearing a beige coloured, Long Sleeve Jacket/Shirt and Long Pants ... But they have Tal Shiar markings or patterns on them! ... Kinda' like a Civilian Tal Shiar Uniform ... WTF?

She's wearing the Republic Dress Uniform, the Veteran reward.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    She's wearing the Republic Dress Uniform, the Veteran reward.

:eek:

Well, then ... A trip to the Tailor is in order ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
    edited July 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    :eek:

Well, then ... A trip to the Tailor is in order ...

Indeed it is.
    R E M A I N

edited July 2014
    catoblepasbeta, you have said you shall make colours for high ranked officers like a year ago... You are like Cryptic...
    Could you make purple variant, please? We don't have other parts so only for the top. Thanks.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    taut0u wrote: »
    catoblepasbeta, you have said you shall make colours for high ranked officers like a year ago... You are like Cryptic...
    Could you make purple variant, please? We don't have other parts so only for the top. Thanks.
    I know....

I did have the Janek variant color scheme mostly/completely done, but I think I might have overwritten it....I'll check when I'm on STO next.
  • entrailsgaloreentrailsgalore Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, it needs more options.
    edited July 2014
    I'll just repost this...

I would love the full set of Tal Shiar uniform pieces.

They look Romulan (except for that collar thing from higher ranks).
    Like the Reman uniforms the assets are fully ingame, and can be worn by players (from the LoR testing), so why haven't we got them yet?

#TASforSTO

edited July 2014
    and can be worn by players (from the LoR testing), so why haven't we got them yet?

People could wear all those uniforms during the test? 0o

In-game handle @Janetza
    edited August 2014
    People could wear all those uniforms during the test? 0o

lol I didn't know about that either.
    R E M A I N

• catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To those that might be interested, the recent Foundry update added many of the Tal Shiar pieces that you can use in the Foundry, including the Uhlan and (part of) the subcommander sash (goes in the belt category, oddly enough)-but only for female Romulan NPCs. Strangely, there are still no belts for Males of any kind. This does mean that in the Foundry, you can reproduce the appearance of female Romulan Star Empire/Tal Shiar personnel of the Technician, Uhlan, and Centurion Ranks 100%. (but the only male RSE Uniform you can 100% complete is still just the Technician).

Since (most of) the Tal Shiar uniform pieces are now in the Foundry, this should make getting color schemes correct much easier (although some of the palettes are still a bit wonky)
    edited August 2014
    To those that might be interested, the recent Foundry update added many of the Tal Shiar pieces that you can use in the Foundry, including the Uhlan and (part of) the subcommander sash (goes in the belt category, oddly enough)-but only for female Romulan NPCs. Strangely, there are still no belts for Males of any kind. This does mean that in the Foundry, you can reproduce the appearance of female Romulan Star Empire/Tal Shiar personnel of the Technician, Uhlan, and Centurion Ranks 100%. (but the only male RSE Uniform you can 100% complete is still just the Technician).

Since (most of) the Tal Shiar uniform pieces are now in the Foundry, this should make getting color schemes correct much easier (although some of the palettes are still a bit wonky)

This may be an indication of what might be added in the future. The new MACO, Omega, and Honor Guard armor sets are available in the foundry on Tribble, and that's most like a sign of what's to come with the rank increase. Who knows, we might have them by the end of the year.
    edited August 2014
    Heh I had those thoughts when I have read patchnotes. Those things might have been added only for the foundry purposes, so that you can make evul tal shiar minions. D:

In-game handle @Janetza
    edited August 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    This may be an indication of what might be added in the future. The new MACO, Omega, and Honor Guard armor sets are available in the foundry on Tribble, and that's most like a sign of what's to come with the rank increase. Who knows, we might have them by the end of the year.

We can only hope that something like this will come about fairly soon. For the Empire!
    R E M A I N

edited August 2014
    This does mean that in the Foundry, you can reproduce the appearance of female Romulan Star Empire/Tal Shiar personnel of the Technician, Uhlan, and Centurion Ranks 100%. (but the only male RSE Uniform you can 100% complete is still just the Technician).

You cant make the Technician, they have a different set of boots (Boots - belted - low).
    Also the males don't have the Technicians belt option.

#TASforSTO

• lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have seen some republic soldiers wear the tal shiar uniform. Thats possibly the case because some tal shiar switched sides after the events of cutting the cord
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
    edited August 2014
    lessley00 wrote: »
    I have seen some republic soldiers wear the tal shiar uniform. Thats possibly the case because some tal shiar switched sides after the events of cutting the cord

Seems like a reason to give it to all us RRs, since a pool of servicemen/women already wear it. :D
    R E M A I N

edited September 2014
    Keeping it up. For the Empire!
    R E M A I N

edited September 2014
    Heh, I wanted to check those uniforms in the Foundry, but it seems I can not get there without buying project slots. Would be nice to see new parts from close.

In-game handle @Janetza
    edited September 2014
    Heh, I wanted to check those uniforms in the Foundry, but it seems I can not get there without buying project slots. Would be nice to see new parts from close.

I have two active project slots that come in handy in these situations. I'll get some screenshots later today. :cool:
    R E M A I N