test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

eu1.proxy fault?

Hello, when ever I log-in via eu1.proxy it will like boot up but then fail to connect, so I restart the launcher until it puts me on eu2.proxy which works great.

Is there a known reason for this? It's not a huge problem to me having to restart till I'm on eu2.proxy its not like I can't get online at all but if its a problem for more people than just me would be good to know.
Post edited by galr25 on

Comments

• ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    proxy 1 was bad since ever :) there is a topic which provided a solution, somwhere on the forums (google it, I have posted something in there, that should help :D). basically there is a command line you can put into the settings of the launcher to launch automatically on proxy 2. if I dont forget, I will check and write it here when I get home.

I wonder if we can overwhealm that proxy :) I guess no, as not many even use proxies, since they do not even prevent lag anymore, like they used to, when that hurricane was in the US last year

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -SetProxy eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com 80

add this to the advanced command line in the options menu of the launcher, your problem will be solved

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The EU proxy has been borked since Season 4, no idea why. They dont seem to care to fix it because hardly anyone knows what a proxy is.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • galr25galr25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    -SetProxy eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com 80

add this to the advanced command line in the options menu of the launcher, your problem will be solved

Thanks for the help :D

Seems as if its something they would want to fix in for smoother running , unless eu2 superseded eu1 but eu1 hasn't been stuffed down the back of the sofa proper.
  • joner1975joner1975 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    have had the same fault my self if I enter that line into the settings it logs in fine but after 2-3min when trying to change maps it disconnects me any ideas?