test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lag/Low FPS

OK, a few system specs before you tell me that it's just my computer or internet connection:

inet - 50MB down / 10MB up - Comcast Business class - this is NOT shared bandwidth

computer - i7 3770, nVidia 660ti, 16gigs ram

This is the ONLY game that I play that I am having such lag/low fps this game is 100% not playable.

What have I tried?

1) Changing shards to a lower population shard - as low as 4 other players still the same issue.

2) Changing graphics settings to lowest possible settings - still the same issue.

3) Checked the tracert to the servers, latency is about 120ms - still the same issue.

4) Uninstalled and reinstalled game - still the same issue.

5) Tried playing at different times of the day - still the same issue.

6) Turned of ALL additional applications running - still the same issue.

7) Moved the game to an SSD - still the same issue.

I've run out of things to try and resolve the extreme lag/low fps and when I say low I'm talking about 2-10fps.

Suggestions? Fixes?
Post edited by natayalov on

Comments

• marca450marca450 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello.

Usually FPS issue is because of the GPU. Since you've tried almost everything, you've forgot one thing, updating your drivers.

NVIDIA recently released new GeForce drivers (GeForce 320.18 Driver to be exact). You should try updating your drivers to the latest version.

You can download NVIDIA drivers here:
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If you still have FPS problems after successfully updating your drivers, we can do more diagnostics to find the cause of your problem.
  • natayalovnatayalov Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marca450 wrote: »
    Hello.

Usually FPS issue is because of the GPU. Since you've tried almost everything, you've forgot one thing, updating your drivers.

NVIDIA recently released new GeForce drivers (GeForce 320.18 Driver to be exact). You should try updating your drivers to the latest version.

You can download NVIDIA drivers here:
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If you still have FPS problems after successfully updating your drivers, we can do more diagnostics to find the cause of your problem.

Thank you for the response. There is another thread about this and I've updated the drivers and that did not resolve the issue.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would recommed using this thread

STO Performance and Frame Rate Guide v1.0
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=73564
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • natayalovnatayalov Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread can be locked or closed. The emergency update/patch which was done today seems to have resolved the extreme lag that I was having.