test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

May 25th: Still Can't log in

Ever since the LoR release, I've been unable to login for one reason or another. At this moment, the current patch is the a.21 version and I still crash before the character selection screen pops up.

I notice that the apology about this problem, and assurances that it's being worked on has been removed, so I'm left to wonder, will this not get fixed?

If you also cannot log in, please post here: describe your machine, OS, and the problem. This might be the only support ticket that gets through to them.
Post edited by ru4tedward on

Comments

• ru4tedwardru4tedward Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iMac with Nvidia GeForce video card, 256 Mb vram
    Attempting with both wineskin 1.51 and 1.60
    Attempted both wines with established login and freshly made login.
    1.5.1 gets through the loading screen, the music starts playing, but the character screen doesn't load. Black scan bars will show up at the lower part of the screen, then the freeze. Music will loop indefinitely. 1.6 freezes somewhere in the loading screen, no music, no video interruptions.
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2011 macbook pro, windows bootcamp 7. worked fine before the lor expansion, now get as far as the cryptic loading screen and it crashed. love how they removed the "its being looked into" portion of the top post.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been DC'd twice today :<
  • torgo124torgo124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    have you seen your performance drop since LOR? I have a 2011 MBP with the 6750 card and it's sluggish now when it used to be fast. And I get the "unsupported video card message"
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, but what part of CAN'T EVEN LOG IN did you miss? We're not seeing performance issues because we can't get into the game at all.
    edited June 2013
    (Officially changing name to Grumpy Bear)
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ru4tedward wrote: »
    iMac with Nvidia GeForce video card, 256 Mb vram
    Attempting with both wineskin 1.51 and 1.60
    LOL, and you wonder why you're having problems?
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
    edited June 2013
    Okay, so I found this on the wineskin thread. Most of the people having problems are running 10.6.8. They suggested skipping Lion and going directly to Mountain lion. It's only $20. I gave it a shot and logged right in. Mind you, ML is rife with new "features" that will doubtlessly confuse you. And despite the fact that it CAN run on 2Gb of Ram, it's probably worth the effort to upgrade to 4 or more if you can.

Boneheads like the one above don't understand that a well-built machine can have a much longer active life than one dusted together out of spare parts.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This "bonehead" has a well-built machine, with premium parts, tyvm. The fact you paid more for inferior hardware doesn't concern me, but it is nonetheless amusing you buy said machine and then desperately want to run Windows software. :rolleyes:
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png