test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Non stop crash to desktop since todays patch

As the title says, when Legacy of Romulus launched I was pleasantly surprised at how bug free and smooth the game play had become. i didnt encounter a single bug or graphical glitch (expect maybe seeing my thong and vest top when my clothes beamed out before the body!!)

Since todays patch i have had approx 10 crash to desktops in the ;ast 1 1/2 hours, most of which happened when i had something from the UI open, but one was related to a cinematic and 2 right after zoning.

Soo, the long and short is, Cryptic...something you fixed has inadvertently broken the game for some :(
Post edited by kezella on

Comments

• amokhsamokhs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Similar game client exe. fails to respond am also having my curser no longer synched up unless im in windowed maximize I can no longer run in full screen which I always did before and am constantly crashing in a certain mission. this causes my amd color scheme to also change I have to revert the changes in CCC.

ran fine all this time till last night ati 5770 I have a fleetie with a 6670 with a similar issue all drivers etc updated game ran fine till just recently.
  • explainationexplaination Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have crashed to desktop 8 times today. Mostly when zoning into and from Limbus III, or when changing characters. I have never crashed to desktop before EVER until this patch. Please fix this, I am afraid if this continues it will lead to bigger problems like a Blue screen of death. If that happens I will uninstall and never play this game again. My PC is more important than this game. Please do not let it get that bad. Don't get me confused. This game is great and the rommie update is outstanding, I have spent over a hundred dollars through ZEN. I just can't handle my graphics card being ruined.
  • archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here i've sent tickets and everything and i still keep crashing idk what to do but ive been crashing after LOR was launched
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    archer6621 wrote: »
    same here i've sent tickets and everything and i still keep crashing idk what to do but ive been crashing after LOR was launched

same thing for me as well
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My game launcher crashes every time it tries to patch. It's been like this ever since LoR started Tuesday, 83 hours ago. Not one minute of game-time as, without a launcher update, I (and many other players) can't log-in. It worked just fine before LoR. I've checked everything on my end. Nothing we players do makes any difference. Whatever Cryptic did has effectively banished us. Oh well...I guess I'll use the money that I would have spent on Romulan packs and the Cryptic store on real-life activities, since getting us back online doesn't appear to be a priority. I mean, it's the fourth day of this lock-out. Time to get us back online or lose us as customers. My patience is gone.

I'd love to send a support ticket instead of posting on the forums but tickets fail to work as well. When I try to go to SUPPORT from this website, it redirects me in a way that will never complete. And since I can't log-on to the game (because the launcher crashes every time), I can't send a support ticket that way, either.
  • kezellakezella Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    posting an update on my situation

Seems i may have been a little hasty blaming the game in its entirety for the crash to desktops.

I forgot that earlier that day i had made a slight adjustment to by overclock settings. Despite the system being stable during a 4 hour prime95 test it seemed sto and another game i play regularly managed to find a weakness within my Vcore and was causing the crash to desktops. A slight adjustment has now made Sto perfectly playable again.

One thing worth noting for Nvidia gfx users is a new driver came out yesterday and for me it bumped my fps from an avergae of around 130 to about 155-160 but it did appear to be working my cards a little harder than normal

Good luck to all of you that are still having problems
  • simongeakesimongeake Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After three crashes, I've decided to give up until this gets sorted!
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here, my game has crashed to desktop about 3 times since LoR release. It never did that before. Not sure what's wrong with the game but fix it Cryptic.
  • silveraethsilveraeth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here, game would freeze and stop responding on the white CRYPTIC logo, I tried re-installing the game, now I can't get past the little white box "cryptic launcher autoupdate" which times out in fairly short order.

Pretty upsetting, I was hoping to play some, and it was working fine early this morning.
    edited May 2013
    well so much for memorial day weekend :). let's hope it's fixed by next weekend i suppose

• grind3grind3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here. This is ridiculous! i can play in the mornings, no problem, but about noon each day, begin the server not responding BS and constant disconnects. It is only with this game! I have been a life time subscriber since it launched 3 years ago and have dumped hundreds of dollars into STO and here it is- a 3 day weekend and i I can't even play! The frustration at this unplayable game make me want to scream! and maybe cry a little. WTF Cryptic?????
    edited May 2013
    grind3 wrote: »
    same here. This is ridiculous! i can play in the mornings, no problem, but about noon each day, begin the server not responding BS and constant disconnects. It is only with this game! I have been a life time subscriber since it launched 3 years ago and have dumped hundreds of dollars into STO and here it is- a 3 day weekend and i I can't even play! The frustration at this unplayable game make me want to scream! and maybe cry a little. WTF Cryptic?????

haha I wish I had your bug, I cant even play anytime with mine lol.