test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New problem, same area

So here is what i have come to find out. Once you get the patching done you are free to login, BUT once you DO login your stuck with Login failed due to an unknown reason.

Theory: With so many people logging in there are not enough login slots for those already in + those wanting to login.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that theory.
Michel "Mic" Nardy
Fleet Admiral
Task Force Omega
United Federation of Planets
Post edited by jackokason on

Comments

• aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could be right. I am a gold member and I was put up in a queue out of 120 players. I was number 10/120.
  • crazytank1crazytank1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting the same error when it tries to retrieve my character list. I actually got through on the character selection screen twice.

The first time got timed out on the loading screen, and the second crashed while retrieving the map stating "unknown error" message again.
  • seldrinseldrin Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crazytank1 wrote: »
    I keep getting the same error when it tries to retrieve my character list. I actually got through on the character selection screen twice.

The first time got timed out on the loading screen, and the second crashed while retrieving the map stating "unknown error" message again.

Same, got to the Character Select screen and was like, "WooT!" then failed to retrieve maps was like, "KAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHN!"
    Vel'Drin (AKA Romulan Dukat)
    R.R.W. Novus Legatum - Romulan Republic (Fed Aligned)
    Original Join Forum Date: August 2008
  • martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... I got to teh retrieving of maps too :p Character selection screen looks snazzy though, don't it? Well... when you can finally get that far....
  • tethran1tethran1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! </Wrath of Khan moment>
  • crazytank1crazytank1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got an automated response back from Cryptic. They've acknowledged that there's a bug and that they're working on it. I guess it's just a waiting game at this point.
  • glenmichael13glenmichael13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tethran1 wrote: »
    KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! </Wrath of Khan moment>

Unable to login for unknown reason....
    Glad I put off buying a lifetime account...