test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVE Griefing

13»

Comments

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are you babbling about? Shockwave85 is absolutely right; it is logically impossible to prove a negative. It has nothing to do with legality and everything to do with logic. As Carl Sagan put it, one cannot prove that dragons don't exist; it is up to the person making the assertion that dragons do exist to prove it.

My point exactly, it's what I already said: it has nothing to do with the legal system.
    He brought it up 3 times in every line he wrote, not me.

And in your example all you have to do is take a look around - and so in your scenario it's actually easier to prove a negative than a positive. Forget impossible.
    You don't need to quote anyone, common sense is for everyone.

What I said was it's subjective what griefing is. I played another mmo that let you push people away from consoles they were using or even during duels in public areas.
    It was time well spent while waiting on the queues.

As for the party guns I look at them as totally innocent but also recognize it might either lag or annoy people who like to rp and pretend they are in star trek.

People spamming them during ground missions doesn't bother me either, what it comes down to is are they using their kit right or not.
    Since optionals are all about tacticals doing team buffs I'd even go as far as to say if you are an engineer or sci playing with 2 or 3 tacticals you can get away with nearly anything - not that your damage is completely useless but it's not going to be you doing the heavy lifting.

I always give people a chance and help out where I can with advice - say a guy is using a minigun I will explain to him exactly why that's usually a bad idea.
    Now if he can't handle fair critique in trade for knowledge, justice or fairness just sorted itself out.
    So I have no problem being somewhat harsh or direct because it's fair.

/edit

ps. I'd also say the only item you have to have is anti borg assimilation hypo's but even those fail at times.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Some people see a simple mistake and automatically lable the person either a troll or a noob.
    Heck... even after they changed the Scimitar AI script where they cloak at will instead of when someone gets within 5km, people still yell at others about the "5k rule" which is now pointless.

People should learn that this is a game. Mistakes happen and things change. People who expect PERFECTION in every run... really need to loosen up.

I run into the 5k screamers in KASE all the time and even after I explain that it no longer applies after a update we got a few months back and they still keep screaming 5k at me.

To prove a point one time during a KASE run I stepped out of combat with Dontra about 15K and told the Group that She will Cloak no matter what they do and that the 5k rule had been dead for a month or so.

Dontra Tele-Cloaked all over the place and then I was accused of glitching the run :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    errab wrote: »
    I run into the 5k screamers in KASE all the time and even after I explain that it no longer applies after a update we got a few months back and they still keep screaming 5k at me.

To prove a point one time during a KASE run I stepped out of combat with Dontra about 15K and told the Group that She will Cloak no matter what they do and that the 5k rule had been dead for a month or so.

Dontra Tele-Cloaked all over the place and then I was accused of glitching the run :eek:

What, the 5k rule no longer applies? I had better stop raging at all those fools who keep flying in then :P
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ironmako wrote: »
    What, the 5k rule no longer applies? I had better stop raging at all those fools who keep flying in then :P

Based on empirical evidence, the 5km rule still has utility. It won't prevent 100% of Donatra's cloaks, but it absolutely keeps her from poofing every 15 seconds or so.
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only idiots rage at someone for making a mistake, I can understand to a point when you have a troll.... but to rage over a game.... they need to get a life.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Walks in and the level of Troll in this thread goes up by 30*

Hello Neighbors, I was reading this and thought since you all like to play in fantasy you would want to come to the land of make believe. Trolley will take you for a ride if you want.... *evil grin*

Seriously guys? This is what I find annoying about this community. You guys take everything way to seriously. You want to go find someone to ***** at? go play COD for an hour and ***** at all the little 6 year olds who swear worse then sailors. Now I just know someone is going to say if you don't like this community then leave, its been said to me before and my response always has and will be Frak you. I dont use batteries on ground or space, ever. and I rarely fail the optional on any STF, I have party popper equipped and fireworks in my inventory. You can cuss me out for having them and using them all you want, I don't care. I will use them when and where I want. I'm not going anywhere so deal with it. Granted I rarely use them but still, you cant tell me where and when I can use them. Don't want to play with me thats fine. Won't make me shed any tears, and yes I have the shard and cane as well, and a modulator suit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the boots and rolls, you can really get quickly through non-combat sections of the map. The party popper there is no excuse :p

Well, how do YOU celebrate at the end of a hard STF? PARTY!!! BYOPP :p

I call for tolerance and video card upgrades!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    My point exactly, it's what I already said: it has nothing to do with the legal system.
    He brought it up 3 times in every line he wrote, not me.

And in your example all you have to do is take a look around - and so in your scenario it's actually easier to prove a negative than a positive. Forget impossible.
    You don't need to quote anyone, common sense is for everyone.

Sigh. Yet another scathing indictment of the education system.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi,

This thread has a fairly high troll/flame factor.

So I'm closing it down with my trusty [Wide Angle Flame Extinguisher Mk XIV [+Mod][-Flames]].

"FSSSSHHHH!!!"

For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.