test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unscheduled/Emergency Network Maintenance (May 9, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    I'm not entirely convinced that the Gorn jokes are gorna happen.

Idea for a new contest: 1,000 zen to the person who says "Gorn in 60 seconds" in zone chat for the one millionth time and truly believes he was original and funny.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ozy83 wrote: »
    Now, this is a story all about how
    My server got flipped-turned upside down
    And I'd like to take a minute
    Just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the victim of Neverwinter despair

In west California hosted and praised
    On STO was where I spent most of my days
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin some klinks bein' a fool
    When a couple of Elves who were up to no good
    Started making trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one little fight and my server got scared
    Its said 'You're movin' with your - Unable to connect to patch server...

Classic,you win all the interwebs ;)
  • hugereddogghugereddogg Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, So its Know 18:03 UTC and its not back up :(:(
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    well back to Borderlands 2 till the server comes back up lol :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You forgot to take into account galactic drift and the time dilation effect.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I just got home, tried logging in said to myself "who broke it this time" and then found this post haha, guess I'll go get something to eat then come back to see all the whiners comments!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont mind that servers are going down for mantainance, its all for a good porpous :rolleyes: .When this happends I just play other PW games :D .Everything is down and thats a pity, after a long time beeing away from STO I was exited to kill a few Borgs... I hope new frontiers will be broken in the game development of this game.

Lol, I see your sig and think of a version of that I learned a loooong time ago 'build a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life' XD
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    OMG my eyes are bleeding

Don't you know you have to wear shades while surfing the net?

cool cat
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • iceaxe18iceaxe18 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    supposedly one hour left :)
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    You forgot to take into account galactic drift and the time dilation effect.

Ah of course, My fault!! Damn Time Dilation Calculations :D
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm guess there have broken the full server now seen as its late coming back on :rolleyes:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013

your clock must be fast its only 1104 pdt here, site downtime is till 1200 pdt so less than an hour
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Idea for a new contest: 1,000 zen to the person who says "Gorn in 60 seconds" in zone chat for the one millionth time and truly believes he was original and funny.

That and "Gorn with the Wind." Never fails.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jsck82 wrote: »
    You have to remember though that the mods are not mods for all PWE games, only the game they represent. Bran might not have permission to reveal specifics, where that source did.

I do agree that more information needs to be shared, but sometimes, that doesn't help the situation any.

Sorry but ive only been playing this game for 2/3 weeks and stopped spending in the first week due to "issues" so i dont know how there team works but i have to say im not impressed with it at all.

I have played other companies games and had less issues in the time i have played, sure there has been maintenance but it was not "in 25minutes were taking the servers down" they normally give you an hours notice because they understood people were doing missions that had a time requirement or people plan to meet up and play together.

Like i said im not impressed with how cryptic is run as for the community manager not explaining whats going on i dont buy the "maybe he dont have permission to revel" thats his job, to explain to the angry players whats going on. Ive seen in many games where they will copy and paste the same message on all forums and update them too, maybe they had a "plugin" that ran across all forums i dont know.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still down? :D
  • tyrannoswordtyrannosword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah of course, My fault!! Damn Time Dilation Calculations :D

I hate temporal mechanics.
    edited May 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Still down? :D

more like sidewise
    edited May 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    your clock must be fast its only 1104 pdt here, site downtime is till 1200 pdt so less than an hour

Current UTC Time (according to Google) - 18:07PM
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    That and "Gorn with the Wind." Never fails.

no its your clock, its 19:08 GMT and UTC is 1 hour behind. 19:08 is 18:08 UTC
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qrtrmstr wrote: »
    Bran...this is not good. As I discussed the communications person on FB (since the initial crashes were only being posted there) LoR is a tremendous undertaking. I, along with hordes of other real 1000+ day players and lifetime members such as myself are attempting to balance support with frustration and fear. With LoR coming, the issues going on are creating an image of complete instability. I know personal friends in game and IRL that are planning on returning to STO in 12 days for launch...I anticipate a lot of player returning to check out the new u/i, re-finished Drozana station, and of course the Romulan stuff...but it's been nearly daily now...combined we're talking at least 1.5 days of down time. The devs propagate fixes and then it all crashes or we have these emergency issues. It's player like us who try and keep things positive, remain supportive, and try and minimize the exodus of players that has been going on. Published or not, we all know the numbers are down...but even our patience gets worn thin. This makes it really difficult for us to stay positive and talk to players about why they should remain and not go back to WoW. I don't want what happened to CoH/CoV to happen here. None of us vested/invested players want that. So while you try and manage things, perhaps the week leading up to LoR's launch, you
    Should announce an extended down time of 48 hours. Take everything down and make it right, actually fix the problems going on, be the GOTY that you are supposed to be, the GOTY you won for a reason. Players understand server problems but what's happened really had been quite ridiculous and unacceptable. There is still buzz all over the Internet and CNET about EA's disaster with Sim City's reboot, with even the games creator speaking out against EA and Maxis. This is not the sort of publicity STO/Cryptic/PW needs. You only get to launch something once...if you guys TRIBBLE this up, we all suffer. Please try and remember that people talk TRIBBLE because their frustrated, but these same people completely count on you guys and your ability to be stable...this is a great game, IMO, the best MMO created, and I don't want to lose something I am so personally invested in...a lot of hours have gone into gear and sets...prior to the F2P and Rep systems...please, just don't TRIBBLE this launch up...we are all counting on this to bring the numbers back, to get large fleet and more tier 5 fleets and reduced load times for STF's because players are back and running events. Please do whatever it is you need to do to get this right.

For the player whom said that I would be affected by the mindless drones of complainers lol I say the "I shall resist you with my last ounce of strength!" ~Capt Jean-Luc Picard

I swear this is like the third time i've seen this post.

Someone call Mr. Gorbachev, because we've got a veritable Berlin-Wall of Text that needs tearing down.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited May 2013
    I hate temporal mechanics.

Just be glad they don't network to you via satellite
  • ozz5ozz5 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think its been longer than 3 hr's
  • tyrannoswordtyrannosword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A Ferengi, a Cardassian, and a Gorn walk into a bar . . .

Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Gorn Jokes for maintenance and expect it to last for 3 hours. Ferengi jokes will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we've seen recently.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Cryptic Studios Team

What Star Trek race do pirates love the most?

- The Jem'Hadarrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • ishtarscorpioishtarscorpio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously This is one of the most whinny, self righteous communities ever.

You've never visited the BGO forums, have you?
    edited May 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    no its your clock, its 19:08 GMT and UTC is 1 hour behind. 19:08 is 18:08 UTC

We will be performing emergency maintenance from 9AM-12PM PDT (1600-1800 UTC).
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my agent reports there is a green light on NW
    Live long and Prosper
  • ychildychild Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like my theory. Someone tripped over the cable and pulled out of the wall. Now, they have to do a hardboot on the servers that's why it is taking a long time for the game to come up.... :D lol
    edited May 2013
    ychild wrote: »
    I like my theory. Someone tripped over the cable and pulled out of the wall. Now, they have to do a hardboot on the servers that's why it is taking a long time for the game to come up.... :D lol

And the power button is behind a locked cage and the key guy is on vacation...next
  • warp2126warp2126 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope the server is back up soon.. Im running out of things to talk about with the girlfriend
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Current UTC Time (according to Google) - 18:07PM

Thats the same time Google is telling me so its 12 mins late
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
This discussion has been closed.