test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• Options
    marxbrudermarxbruder Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    buggery.
    :(
  • Options
    deathboy68deathboy68 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me on for 2 minutes then booted me. Now server patch connection error.
  • Options
    roczahroczah Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are they using the same server for so many games, and specifically for an untested one..(nwnights) oh well. once they go FTP I guess our opinions no longer matter really.

+++Sigh+++

Gorn Fishing I guess.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    Hey, at least this time they should all still be in the office :)
  • Options
    vasco56vasco56 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Despite Cryptic's assurances to the contrary, since the launch of Neverwinter I have never known the disconnections and lag spikes to be so bad. It getting old having your game freeze for 5 seconds and finding yourself dead in the middle of an elite STF.

Honestly Cryptic, sharing resources with yet another game is degrading the service to your existing customers and I'm sure the people playing Neverwinter are not impressed either. Upgrade the hardware of shift that other game elsewhere, please!
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is the message on Twitter;

Hello! We are working on the issue where the STO and CO servers are offline. We'll keep you updated!
  • Options
    seabee22ndseabee22nd Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep server down here as well, hopefully they're payin attention, if not i have my mass effect
  • Options
    mango6645mango6645 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need to post in the Thank-You Cryptic thread... we know they read that one.
  • Options
    wardmattwardmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay this is getting irritating. they need to seriously look into there network systems if that is the cause again.
    If this is a result of neverwinter champions and star trek online sharing a connection to the rest of the world look into getting a seprate connection for each and only connet the system where nessicary.
    "We've Been Looking For The Enemy For Some Time Now. We've Finally Found Him. We're Surrounded. That Simplifies Things"
    - Lewis Burwell "chesty" Puller
    How Romulans Should Choose What Faction They Are In
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server maintenance on this game is fast becoming an oxymoron
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    I keep telling you all squerills get higher milage then hamsters come get with the times:P

hamsters are cuter :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    martynoceanmartynocean Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again?
    getting boring now
  • Options
    machtavamachtava Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I, as well as others I was told were having sign in issues. Now the launcher won't even connect? REALLY makes me want to give you my money for the Romulan update...:confused:
  • Options
    drfuzzledrfuzzle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awww, and i was in the middle of setting up my first STO character.... :(
  • Options
    nightveil01nightveil01 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get a message that says "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 1 time."

Looks like it tries to connect three times and then dumps out with the error "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support."

Off to work on other stuff.
  • Options
    vixenjalynnvixenjalynn Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? I was just getting ready to grind my foundry and then jump to the tribble. I am worried about the crashes.... What is gonna happen if you get the new stuff in and it crashes. Here we go again, get ready and crashing. I think they really need to look into seperating the three games into the seperate servers and satelite towers ..... *shrugs* who knows you may have to do less maintenance and more creating.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup it even hit tribble and now the launcher will not even open up saying it failed to connect to the patch server and sense i can post hear it's pretty safe to say my internet connection is fine

before the DC i was rubber banding like crazy as well and was experiencing some really bad lag
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who's fault is it then? The people who run the servers and can't accurately calculate the usage, of course.

No cryptic cares about its customers. They do top knotch service when they do maintenance.. well thats whats others would like to suggest on me. Heck I even asked brandon last time reguards to how the servers were setup.. but always with the vague answers. I dont know nothing Im a customer.

So yeah not the servers guys it must be that crazy weather out there :P
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Damn it, I finally thought I had all the ingredients for a Kalandra sector surprise.:mad:
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    rarmstormrarmstorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    try feed more the tribble that are powering the PSU, they dont' balance the heavyweight of 2 game.:D

PS: what about try to buy a new server and new conn line?
    We don't need a system engineer or a mage for understand that 2 game on 1 server don't work.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TBH, does Cryptic really honestly think they can handle the release of LOR with the servers going down every couple of days under normal load? There's no doubt that the server will implode on the 21rst.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol within 5 min of it crapping out 15 pages
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To think I was actually considering a LTS if a sale ever came up.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

All Cryptic games and services are currently down. The team is investigating and we hope to have everything back up ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    madajmamamadajmama Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Nice way to keep ur players happy :P
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To boldly go offline. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, 4th time this week eh'? We going to get some sort of compensation? Expecially if we are P2P ( i am not, and glad i am not ).

I was SERIOUSLY considering a lifer sub, when i buy my new computer here soon, but i think i will take that 300 bucks and play another game if this TRIBBLE keeps up.

Time to FIX it cryptic, NEVER have i played an MMO with so many server crashes, and so many bugs!
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    I think the theory is that the more threads there are the quicker Cryptic will notice it and the faster they will fix it.

The former could possibly be true the latter is highly doubtful.
  • Options
    mandatorianmandatorian Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice ... they move threads FASTER than they can even toss in a note about wtf is going on ... cmon guys :(
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow, this time all servers are down.
This discussion has been closed.