Install Arc
Options

Romulan "Enterprise Incident" D7s?

124»

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now the question about that episode though is how was the plasma torp warping?

Because the Enterprise goes to warp and barely out runs it. well they dont. the only thing that saves them is the torp dissapting some before it hits them.

so it seems logical to me if they can fire a torp at warp speeds thats faster than the enterprise it might have occured to them they could make the ship go fast too.

TOS used Warp for a number of ways that changed with TMP era and TNG....If you re watch Elaan of Troyius, the Enterprise's warp drive is disabled, but the D7 is doing warp to run rings around her....in TNG that would be considered a maneuver.

There's some things from TOS that you have to ignore that's one of them.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    lykumlykum Member Posts: 382
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    TOS used Warp for a number of ways that changed with TMP era and TNG....If you re watch Elaan of Troyius, the Enterprise's warp drive is disabled, but the D7 is doing warp to run rings around her....in TNG that would be considered a maneuver.

There's some things from TOS that you have to ignore that's one of them.

Could be interpreted as the D7 is making one hell of a long turn. I mean warp hopping on spocks 1960's scope probably looks a lot different than that actual reality going on in space. Like a submarine? Hope I worded that correctly..
    Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lykum wrote: »
    Could be interpreted as the D7 is making one hell of a long turn. I mean warp hopping on spocks 1960's scope probably looks a lot different than that actual reality going on in space. Like a submarine? Hope I worded that correctly..

Except Kirk states the Enterprise will be sluggish due to Warp being offline, and Sulu makes statements when the Enterprise Takes hits how she is not responsive on impulse.

Warp was pretty much used for everything in TOS what in TNG the impulse engines would be doing.
    GwaoHAD.png