test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #11

Comments

• entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So...what changed exactly? All I saw was "what you're used to having, you'll get for Romulans except a 1000-day ship."
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wonder how many Borg Donatras we will see.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Question

does this mean that Fed roms can have Two lib borg Boffs? a reman and a human?
    Live long and Prosper
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Alien-Gen Hybrid Romulan Species unlocks for everyone now? That's nice of you guys.

Vet Rewards: Roms are planned to get a 100 & 200-Day Combadge/Uniform. Will the KDF (finally) get these rewards at the same time, too?

For the items above (and others, including the Vet ship) that "[w]ill not be available at the launch of Legacy of Romulus but is currently planned for development", what is the ETA on said development? Do you expect it to be during RoL ("Season 8"), or in a future Season/Expansion/Update?

I'm glad to see our PreOrder Items are going to be available. Thank you.

What about Friend Referral Rewards (Photo Tribble, BOff, and Gal-X)?

So for the 700-Day Vet Reward, we get our Ally's Android, eh? That's somewhat disappointing, but no so bad, I guess. Is it possible you add the Romulan forehead/features to the Android Tailor so we can at least make it look like a Romulan? Also, I *really* hope you do not do this same shortcut for the 1k Day Vet Ship, that you *DO* make a Romulan specific craft.

FYI - The Blog refers us to the F2P Matrix, which still shows the KDF gameplay unlocks at L25. Will this be so when LoR launches (I assume not, but just double-checking).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Question

Lib Rom Captain. Get my Reman borg from the Starter Pack. Use my Human borg from the box set. Get the lib borg from the STF. I might have a whole crew of Liberated Borgs on the Rom side. I just need to find a way to make my android look borg. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Question

In theory, yes.

Which leads me to suspect the Liberated Reman Borg Boff may be tactical, not engineering.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Glad everyone gets an alien!
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Alien-Gen Hybrid Romulan Species unlocks for everyone now? That's nice of you guys.

Vet Rewards: Roms are planned to get a 100 & 200-Day Combadge/Uniform. Will the KDF (finally) get these rewards at the same time, too?

For the items above (and others, including the Vet ship) that "[w]ill not be available at the launch of Legacy of Romulus but is currently planned for development", what is the ETA on said development? Do you expect it to be during RoL ("Season 8"), or in a future Season/Expansion/Update?

I'm glad to see our PreOrder Items are going to be available. Thank you.

What about Friend Referral Rewards (Photo Tribble, BOff, and Gal-X)?

So for the 700-Day Vet Reward, we get our Ally's Android, eh? That's somewhat disappointing, but no so bad, I guess. Is it possible you add the Romulan forehead/features to the Android Tailor so we can at least make it look like a Romulan? Also, I *really* hope you do not do this same shortcut for the 1k Day Vet Ship, that you *DO* make a Romulan specific craft.

FYI - The Blog refers us to the F2P Matrix, which still shows the KDF gameplay unlocks at L25. Will this be so when LoR launches (I assume not, but just double-checking).

Thanks for giving aliens to every player type, and thanks for the veteran tokens to still apply to ex-gold members.

Also, its nice to see that there are liberated romulan characters.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Had there been player Reman-Borg, then this would have been a 100% win. But it's all good.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • drachenhaut#3266 drachenhaut Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The VA token reward is lackluster at best, and I say this based on the fact that everyone use to get those untill they took away our old reward and replaced it with the VA token, and then proceeded to just remove it from everyone. Giving me back something you took away from me just to so you can take something else away without actually replacing it is hardly a "reward". The android I dont mind at all since it is alien gen anyhow. However it would be nice if they could get us our own captains yacht.(Yes I know they are considering it).A romulan borg officer would of been nice, and on that same note, what about the holo science officer? Do we just get to use our allys instead of having one of our own factions?
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Will the Chimera still be available?

For Fed characters, yes. Romulans can' fly their allies T5 ships.
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So the alien gen hybrids will all have pointed ears and forehead V ridges? Personally, I don't see why people want to play as an alien on the Romulan side when the story is specific to Romulans and Remans. If you want to play as an alien, there are two other factions in which to do so. I'd imagine these people would be the type to say that the story will break the immersion of their alien characters.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought Cryptic was making too much sense with having Romulans/Remans on a R/R story where it's generally considered R/R aren't exactly the most xenofriendly race in Star Trek or giving subscribers some value for their money.

No, no Cryptic you stick to doing the opposite of making sense. As an LTS'er I wonder what's the point in buying the legacy pack when it's becoming apparent that as subbers I get access to a bunch of stuff as it is making what looks like a great deal....not such a great deal.

I'm well aware things can change but when you make so much sense (whether or not people agree) and then do a complete U turn doesn't exactly fill me with much faith.

So in LOR we'll have a Klingon looking alien in a Klingon ship serving the KDF and have absolutely ZERO connection to anything Romulan except for the first 10 levels or so? Wonder how much this will end up another KDF faction where really everything becomes a KDF (or Rom) flavoured FED mission e.g. CE mission where KDF get instructions from a Federation officer.
    edited April 2013
    I thought Cryptic was making too much sense with having Romulans/Remans on a R/R story where it's generally considered R/R aren't exactly the most xenofriendly race in Star Trek or giving subscribers some value for their money.

No, no Cryptic you stick to doing the opposite of making sense. As an LTS'er I wonder what's the point in buying the legacy pack when it's becoming apparent that as subbers I get access to a bunch of stuff as it is making what looks like a great deal....not such a great deal.

I'm well aware things can change but when you make so much sense (whether or not people agree) and then do a complete U turn doesn't exactly fill me with much faith.

So in LOR we'll have a Klingon looking alien in a Klingon ship serving the KDF and have absolutely ZERO connection to anything Romulan except for the first 10 levels or so? Wonder how much this will end up another KDF faction where really everything becomes a KDF (or Rom) flavoured FED mission e.g. CE mission where KDF get instructions from a Federation officer.
    The Romulan Republic is run a by a reuinificationist rather then a xenophobic Romulan. It's already stated the Republic is sharing resources with their Reman brethren who are also on the run from the RSE/Tal Shiar. The idea that the Republic might be willing to take in a few other aliens who are also willing to help them isn't far-fetched.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2013

My Romulan on Tribble is Level 21, has never flown a Fed ship and never did a Fed mission. Level 10 is where you choose an ally, it's not the end of the Romulan Progression. And your Klingon looking character would be half Romulan.....
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Lib Rom Captain. Get my Reman borg from the Starter Pack. Use my Human borg from the box set. Get the lib borg from the STF. I might have a whole crew of Liberated Borgs on the Rom side. I just need to find a way to make my android look borg. :)
    I like the set of your jib, thecosmic, and I was thinking the same thing. I suppose if you have the 7of9 Costume Pack, you can use her "implants" on a Female Android, at the very least, right?
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Thanks for giving aliens to every player type, and thanks for the veteran tokens to still apply to ex-gold members...
    Not sure why you quoted me there, tpalelena, but you're welcome. ;)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought they said they will sell liberated romulans and remans in cstore ? (or quote from my mind "everything in starter pack will be in c store" )

anyway ,I dont think theres any change to what was before.
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A Standard list with the minimum one could have expected.

The Veteran Uniform, Ship Hull and Veteran Ship will be not available at launch and currently just "planned" for development - not even "in" development. I have a feeling we will wait a looong time for those to show up eventually.

But hey, finally a blog about it:D
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Go Fed, use Seven of Nine costume pieces... Android now looks borg.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
    edited April 2013
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    A Standard list with the minimum one could have expected.

The Veteran Uniform, Ship Hull and Veteran Ship will be not available at launch and currently just "planned" for development - not even "in" development. I have a feeling we will wait a looong time for those to show up eventually.

But hey, finally a blog about it:D

Cryptic has a lot more people working on STO than before...I don't think we will be waiting like how we use too for stuff. The KDF and FED ships were not even in development when were nearing 1,000 days.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The list is kind of expected. The only thing I would like to ask for dev's is to revisit the pre-orders itens. Some items like the chromodynamic armor start to be undesirable once you go past the Lt. level. You can find better itens form drops (though I do not think it should be better than armors on omega set, for example). Other itens I really would like to see on C-Store, like the red matter capacitor. And there is already precedent for this, since you can purchase the Rivera Tribble and Liberated Borg from C-Store.
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
    edited April 2013
    Androids on the ROMFED sides just give it T'pol's outfit and make it look Romulan.:P

For KDF, just make it look like a bum
    GwaoHAD.png
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    I thought they said they will sell liberated romulans and remans in cstore ? (or quote from my mind "everything in starter pack will be in c store" )

anyway ,I dont think theres any change to what was before.

Liberated Romulans are a playable species available to Lifetime Subscribers.

Liberated Remans are Bridge Officers available in the C-Store at the expansion's launch or in the Legacy Pack for pre-order.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So wait: Romulans tolerate assimilated Borg members but have a limited Alien generator?
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Liberated Remans are Bridge Officers available in the C-Store at the expansion's launch or in the Legacy Pack for pre-order.

you mean there wont be a playable liberated reman specie?
    edited April 2013
    So wait: Romulans tolerate assimilated Borg members but have a limited Alien generator?

Yes, their still Romulans with Freaking laser beams attached to their heads.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited April 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    you mean there wont be a playable liberated reman specie?

No why would there FEDs get human only, KDF get Klingon only...Why would Romulans get Romulan and Reman playable borg
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited April 2013
    Romulans who were converted and then liberated aren't aliens. They're still Romulans - and it's not like a Liberated character even needs to look like a Borg. Is Picard no-longer human just because he was once briefly converted into a Borg? :)
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As an LTS'er I wonder what's the point in buying the legacy pack
    The Legacy pack is in no way related to Silver/Gold Status. Its selling items that EVERYBODY will have access to at launch (minus the titles and doff pack, which serve as an extra minor incentive), but at a DISCOUNT. How hard is to separate the notion of C-Store and Sub?
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm overall fairly happy with the presentation. Some Veteran bells and whistles missing... but if we can have those on a subsequent patch (say, 45 days later) akin to a post-launch patch, that would be agreeable with me.

I would have had appreciated consideration be given for the Liberated Borg bridge officer to come in the Romulan persuasion. Similarily so for the Photonic Officer we can obtain from the friend referral.

Having the Romulan scoutship depicted as the Captain's Yacht sounds like a sensible enough suggestion. It'd certainly be the right size for it, though it doesn't strike me as very 'yacht-like'. So, while I would like a distinctively Romulan 'yacht', I'd look forward more to see a Cryptic original design implemented (as I'm fairly pleased with the new ships they've worked towards making so far).