test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WHY Would Starfleet replace Excelsior with Ambassador?

123457»

Comments

• oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »

The borg adapted there shields to mimnize damage from phasers and photons after the first contact with the enterprose ...However the Armor/Hull never showed and adapttion that i ever saw

Which is beside the point, since none of the Enterprise's weapons managed to get through to the cube's hull. That is, until Shelby had Data randomize the phaser frequencies, and knock out the tractor beam. But that would be considered minor damage, at best.

I also think that we can safely assume that the cube's physical regenerative abilities remain there. We just, as you pointed out, didn't see it in "The Best of Both Worlds".

Admiral hansons flagship was a excelsior class battleship
    they showed it in orbit with the Enterprse when Hanson droped off shelby to Picard

Hanson returned to Starbase 324 before the Battle of Wolf 359. And the final shooting script states that his flagship was a Galaxy, which is further supported by his last transmission coming from a Galaxy class battle bridge.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    Hmmmm

I seem to remember the cubes hull blasted to the point the cube was disabled........25 to 30% of the hull destroyed

A away team boarded the disabled cube

perhaps were talking about differnt episodes I am refering to the first encounter

My point was the effectiviness against the borgs hull not there adaptive shields...the hull

I never read a script........just watched the shows
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    That's right. The original purpose of the Borg was to show that the overdependance of technology is a one-way and that the Borg could not be beaten with firepower. A shame they decided to make them generic villians later on.
    That purpose was apparently undermined when they attacked the problem with more techno-babble instead of breaking out the AK-47s and battleaxes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Hmmmm

I seem to remember the cubes hull blasted to the point the cube was disabled........25 to 30% of the hull destroyed

A away team boarded the disabled cube

perhaps were talking about differnt episodes I am refering to the first encounter

My point was the effectiviness against the borgs hull not there adaptive shields...the hull

I never read a script........just watched the shows

You must be talking about the episode "Q Who", rather than "The Best of Both Worlds".

I'm talking about the latter. The Borg Incursion of 2366-2367.

In that instance, the cube was barely touched. Hull damage doesn't matter if you can't get to it, to inflict damage, in the first place.

In regards to Borg damage control ability, in "Q Who", the cube's hull rapidly regenerated. And the Borg, as seen in "The Best of Both Worlds", had adapted thanks to their encounter at J-25. Even if we didn't see it in that episode, one can safely assume that the Borg made improvements in the hulls of their cube ships. Or at least they did before the Battle of Sector 001 in 2373.
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To be honest, the Ent-E and the Defiant barely scratched the hull of the cube in First Contact on their own. It was the combined effort of an unknown number of ships fighting from the Typhoon Sector that did that. Starfleet had definitely upgraded their ships at that point, likely including the existing ones, over what the fleet was like at 359.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That purpose was apparently undermined when they attacked the problem with more techno-babble instead of breaking out the AK-47s and battleaxes.

The solution to the Borg situation was the human element rather than more violence. A unpopular choice these days, I'm very well aware of that.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Hanson returned to Starbase 324 before the Battle of Wolf 359. And the final shooting script states that his flagship was a Galaxy, which is further supported by his last transmission coming from a Galaxy class battle bridge.

The problem there though is the fact that bridge is also used for other fed bridges and alien ones when they need it. It's the old TMP bridge. and Hanson's bridge didn't look like the battle bridge Enterprise used. So the script may say that but in truth He was on an Excelsior because I didn't see Galaxy debris and why would that galaxy be so close Earth at the time. by reord there is 3 Galaxys active at the time. Galaxy, Oddyessy, and Enterprise.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thread is a ****ing zombie. Stop posting in it.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Thread is a ****ing zombie. Stop posting in it.

just for you a post :P
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Okay folks, dunno why we have to go over this with a lot of you knowing the rules -

Threads that are over 30 days old should NOT be replied to, they should be reported.

As such, this thread is closed.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.