test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My fleet got STOLEN.

malesticmalestic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So I got to 30 members in my KDF fleet and somebody the same rank as me in the fleet STOLE THE FLEET and demoted me, is there ANYWAY I can get my fleet back. :confused:

:mad::mad::mad:
Post edited by malestic on

Comments

• Options
    thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Be more careful who you promote in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wasn't there a function to usurp a fleet from an inactive fleet leader?

Could be mistaking it with a different game, so correct me if I'm wrong.

If I am wrong, I will agree with thratch1.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How do we know you weren't a tyrant and were rightfully deposed?
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cryptics policy is, if the person had the rights and used them they will not get involved.

I can help I one of the people who run Omega Primary Brotherhood we are a very active fleet. With 480 members and a private TeamSpeak server.

Because we are short on leaders I can offer you leader position in our fleet.

Just send me forum email.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wasn't there a function to usurp a fleet from an inactive fleet leader?

Could be mistaking it with a different game, so correct me if I'm wrong.

If I am wrong, I will agree with thratch1.

There is but thats not the issue this guy has. It sounds like he made someone a fleet leader equal to him and that guy took advantage.

Any way the feature your thinking of allows a lower ranking member to take leadership of a fleet after the leader has been inactive for 30 or more days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this happened to our fleet assimilated initive as well im sorry to say no there is nothing you can do if you gave him the rights the other poster was right they will not get involved
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nothing will be done but I think having fleet perks on the fleet leader rather than primarily on the player character is an annoying design.

It would make more sense to me overall if progression was dramatically faster/cheaper and requisitions and items/ships cost more. You'd have less incentive and lost progress with lost fleets then.
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This stinks.
    It has also been going on since games have had guilds unfortunately and devs always keep a hands off attitude about it. Which you can see why when you think about it, but does not help you I know.

My condolences. My fleet had a recent influx of members due to this self-same issue. I'm sure you will find a good home.

*Raises glass* To better times!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is becoming a major problem that is happening more and more, and I think something needs to be done about it. My fleet, Stargate Union, was also recently stolen, after existing since the beginning of the fleet system. We had over 400 members, and they're very angry about it. The members have put in lot of resources for the base, and as much as they dont want to live under a terrorist dictatorship, they also dont want to abandon all they have spent.

Saying that we just shouldn't give anyone the highest level of power is not a good solution to the problem. As members work their way up, some will become leaders, and some of those have a hard time accepting that they are trusted to have all the permissions, but will never be a true leader, sharing the highest rank with other leaders. They feel inferior, and that eventually makes some of them leave, thinking they were never trusted at all to begin with. Many good leaders can and will be lost because of this.

I know cryptic wants fleets to be the ultimate symbol of enlightened cooperation and what not, but everything being equal doesn't work in today's world. Stargate Union is now being led by terrorists because of this "enlightened" system. They mistreat my members, kicking the ones who complain, and brainwashing or threatening the rest. Not to mention also tarnishing the good name of a long standing fleet. This should never have been allowed to occur.

To me, the solution is simple. I understand the need to have it possible for someone to claim leadership when the last leader goes inactive, but it should not be possible for anyone to demote the original creator (the one founder that clicked the create button), in the same way that the owner of a chat channel cannot be demoted or kicked by anyone. This would prevent fleet theft from happening in the future.
    As for all the fleets that have already been stolen, there should be a system in place that would allow the original cdeator to rejoin at the highest rank at any time.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    blevok wrote: »
    SNIP

So what stops the fleet's original creator from 'stealing' the fleet, then?
  • Options
    aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »

Nothing, but we're playing the odds that the creator is likely to go rogue than someone else.
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »

How do you steal something that was yours to begin with?
  • Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dang, my Fed one-person fleet of alts is sounding better and better with every one of these posts I read! :D

1. If you are the Founder of a fleet, NEVER EVER grant any other player the rights to remove you from ownership of YOUR fleet.

2. Log into your account every 28 days at least so that you can not be deposed as owner of your fleet.

3. Make sure to create an account password that is complicated enough to withstand basic script-kiddie type brute force attacks to hack your password.

If you are joining a fleet with any intention of donating towards the star base projects then ask about the above issues before you click that donate button. :)

P.S. Don't forget to ENJOY your gaming time! ;)
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Saying that we just shouldn't give anyone the highest level of power is not a good solution to the problem. As members work their way up, some will become leaders, and some of those have a hard time accepting that they are trusted to have all the permissions, but will never be a true leader, sharing the highest rank with other leaders. They feel inferior, and that eventually makes some of them leave, thinking they were never trusted at all to begin with. Many good leaders can and will be lost because of this.

I really think that is a good solution. If you want to make sure you can't be demoted or kicked, simply make the 2nd highest rank have all privileges as the fleet leader, except being able to demote you (I can't remember if this game even has an option to demote higher ranked player settings as an option - I play too many MMOs).

It's a fairly simple solution. They have no loss of power, and you minimize the risk. Just because someone's in the fleet a long time and does some leading, doesn't mean they should be made the fleet leader. It doesn't happen in other games - in fact, in most games, you can only ever have 1 guild leader at a time anyway, I rather like STO gives us the option to have multiple - but you don't have to do it.

And if you're concerned that your regular members will still see the division between the fleet leader and the other leaders, you can rename both ranks to have the same name. That's not a problem to do at all.
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Really simple, don't start fleets with people you don't trust and don't promote people you don't trust to leadership positions. You seriously need to look at how you recruit and promote in your fleet.

To paraphrase the leader of my fleet's KDF division; "The officers in this fleet are people I would trust with a million dollars of my money".
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is becoming a major problem that is happening more and more, and I think something needs to be done about it. My fleet, Stargate Union, was also recently stolen, after existing since the beginning of the fleet system. We had over 400 members, and they're very angry about it. The members have put in lot of resources for the base, and as much as they dont want to live under a terrorist dictatorship, they also dont want to abandon all they have spent.

The solution is for player to realize that you can't trust people you don't personally know. Playing a game with them is not personally knowing them.

The best solution is what what they did by design in City of Heroes Supergroups. You need to have the higher rank of the Fleet be solely for one character. That character is the Overlord. The Overlord character is your backdoor to prevent you Fleet from being totally yanked out from under you. If you must put more then one character in the Overload fleet rank put only someone you have absolute trust in.

And the most important thing is log into the Overload character periodically to prevent the auto demotion from happening to that character.
  • Options
    nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How you gonna give a stranger the keys to your house, then complain when your furniture is gone?
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is becoming a major problem that is happening more and more, and I think something needs to be done about it.

and here is how you stop it don't stay gone for more then 30 day with out kicking every oh and DONT GIVE THEM YOUR RANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if you do any of the above im sorry but you deserve to lose it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    number1romulannumber1romulan Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Almost always this seems to be user error/pilot error/driver error - you get the idea, I don't think there has been 1 fleet stolen in the game by something that could have been prevented.

This problem seems to have 1 central theme - fleet leaders making mistakes or not paying attention.

Such as happened to Caspian Division - they let the founders account stay active for 6-9 months while he never returned - did not demote him and then someone accessed his computer and took over the fleet.

Perhaps your case is the one of being inactive for 30 days? - If so maybe it should be expanded to 60 days - there are plently of cases where it is not possible to get in in a 30 day window - military deployment/confined to a hospital.

30 days is too low it seems - Cryptic should chance this to 60 days.
  • Options
    startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    and here is how you stop it don't stay gone for more then 30 day with out kicking every oh and DONT GIVE THEM YOUR RANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if you do any of the above im sorry but you deserve to lose it

No one deserves to lose their fleet. What if he trusted that fleet member and that fleet member back stabbed him?

Below this is suggestions to the original post:

But, like everyone else, dont make someone else the fleet leader rank if your the fleet leader.

On another note. Heres a option. My fleet has 2 fleets(klingon and fed). We have one fleet leader and 2 XO's per fleet, the XO's are the rank below fleet leader and people we would trust with our lives. if they had to assume command of the fleet, we would all be fine with it. These fleet members have a lot of permissions, but are able to be kicked out if needed.

If you plan to start a new fleet(OP), consider the above idea.

Also, ask your self these questions before you EVER promote someone to a high rank in the fleet.

1. Do I know this person well game wise( How long have you known him? Don't get into his life outside of game, just think about him game wise and make your decision)

2. DO i trust him enough to be a high rank?

3. Can I trust him to handle the fleet well if he needs to assume command?

Also, review if he/she has had any major problems with the fleet in the past, and ask you self again "is he trustworthy?"

I know that seems very cautious but if you ask your self those questions your fleet would be much more safe from being stolen.

Best wishes to you and starting a new fleet if you are.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    rule number one of the net don't trust them if you don't know them in real life and I have been back stab and almost lost my fleet by giving 4 ppl my rank ty god I think like a romulan and thought some one would do a power play and they did but I still have my fleet because I new I could not trust them fully
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    rule number one of the net don't trust them if you don't know them in real life

I dont know anyone in STO in real life, so i would go with the person i trust the most in game.

Theres people in this game i trust more than someone in real life.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I dont know anyone in STO in real life, so i would go with the person i trust the most in game.

take this some one will always stab you in the back on the net it is why you never trust any one on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    take this some one will always stab you in the back on the net it is why you never trust any one on it

I can agree one someone will stb you in the back eventually.

But the same goes for outside the game.

No offense, but how do you have fun with other people in the game if you don't trust anyone?

Should I not trust anyone in real life because they could stab me in the back?

I have been back stabbed on the net before but i don't let that make me not trust anyone on it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I can agree one someone will stb you in the back eventually.

But the same goes for outside the game.

No offense, but how do you have fun with other people in the game if you don't trust anyone?

Should I not trust anyone in real life because they could stab me in the back?

I don't have to trust some one to have fun in the game i will be a friend to them you or any one but i will never in my right mind trust you with my life so to speak aka the fleet master rank

you need to get out more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    talien wrote: »
    How do you steal something that was yours to begin with?

I don't consider the holdings of my KDF fleet 'mine to begin with.'

I founded the fleet. Rounded up four other random people, and then built it up. But everyone has contributed, some more than I. I may be a co-leader and founder of the fleet, but I don't for one second think that I own the labors and donated time of my fleet members.

Your attitude, used wrongly, is exactly why fleet founders shouldn't be excluded from being demoted within a fleet.

That doesn't even address the fact that in the case of some of these fleets, an account was TRIBBLE to allow this in the first place. What could be more tempting than a founding toon with god mode?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    change your password every day don't do go to pron sites there are ways to not get your account TRIBBLE don't share you account info with any one don't care how much you trust them for you don't know what they do on there pc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't have to trust some one to have fun in the game i will be a friend to them you or any one but i will never in my right mind trust you with my life so to speak aka the fleet master rank

you need to get out more

Are you saying there is no one in real life you don't trust? People on the net can be as trustworthy and as untrustworthy as people outside of it. They are still people. Them being on the net does not automatically label them as untrustworthy.

Are you telling me if you owned a fleet and you had to leave, that there is no one you would trust with it?

BTW I do stuff outside this game and I know there are people outside of game that i cannot trust as much as people on the net.

For example, would you trust the person in real life that wants to kill you more than the person on the net who wants to be your friend?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    nope and because I don't trust ppl on the net is why I still have my fleet!!!!
    For example, would you trust the person in real life that wants to kill you more than the person on the net who wants to be your friend?

and one you think you can trust be hind that PC screen could be after you just saying :)

sorry but your trust in ppl why you would lose your fleet in a hear beat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    nope and because I don't trust ppl on the net is why I still have my fleet!!!!

Me and my fleet leaders trust people on the net and we still have our fleet.

All I'm saying is at least have one person, whether you know the in real life or only in game, you trust enough to assume command of fleet if need be. We lost our fleet leader and the next leader has done a great job so far with the Klingon fleet, same goes with fed leader
This discussion has been closed.