test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Pack Opinion Thread

2»

Comments

• slipshottyslipshotty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ahhh. Thats a relief. For some reason I thought it was May 1st.

EDIT: Thread merge. Let's keep the number of threads about the Legacy pack down to the bare minimum.

~
    Bluegeek
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just wish they'd put it IN the C-store. Do that and even sans-stats I'd take the gamble.
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Apparently, they are available for viewing stats in the Romulan Shipyards for the players who have closed beta access. As I don't have access, I can't confirm it personally, but my fleetmates who do have access have said that this is the case. Although, those stats are probably as always subject to change.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sarek93 wrote: »
    Apparently, they are available for viewing stats in the Romulan Shipyards for the players who have closed beta access. As I don't have access, I can't confirm it personally, but my fleetmates who do have access have said that this is the case. Although, those stats are probably as always subject to change.
    Someone posted pics of them all in the Tribble forum.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My opinion on the Legacy pack is this: It is a good value for the money you would spend on it if you intend to primarily fly Romulan ships when you make your Romulan character. It is even better value if you want to be a Remen. If you do not think you are going to have much interest in the things offered then obviously you should pass on it.

However, I do believe in voting with my wallet and while I despise lockboxes like nothing else I DO support this sort of content. SO, if we buy this launch pack we are basically saying to Cryptic and PWE "We want more of this and are buying it!". That in turn allows Dan to show the company that this project is making them money which allows them to put more resources towards developing this sort of content.

So while I avoid buying Master Keys and basically do not use the Lock Boxes, I do buy a lot of the normal C-Store ships and goods to encourage them to continue producing that aspect of the game.

As such, obviously, I have purchased this new pack and intend to enjoy it quite thoroughly when Legacy hits.

PS: Thank you for the new content and the pack Cryptic, please keep making that sort of thing.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    To be blunt this whole thing over the legacy/starter packs and the LTS really emphasizes the fact that people need to learn to STFU and read something until they fully comprehend what they're reading, and THEN comment on it.

C-Store items and LTS have never had anything to do with each other (other than the fact you get a dil stipend you can save up to convert to zen), so why would they now? In the time I've been playing STO (when it went F2P), I've spent more money than what an LTS costs, simply because I've purchased everything seperately as I could afford it. Being on a fixed income means that sometimes you have to do things like that, that will cost you more in the long run, but make purchasing something possible. I mention this for two reasons, 1 to prevent the "you're not even a lifer so STFU" and because to be honest some lifers tend to forget EVERYONE that buys something helps contribute to the game, not just the lifers.

Now with all that out of the way, about the Legacy and Starter packs.

Good choice by Cryptic to have two different packs to choose from, but it almost feels like there should be a third choice in all that, one that is the middle ground between the two packs.

The Thunderchild with its point defense system console proved that lower tier ships can still be useful after you've surpassed their tier level, so I'm not surprised that they have a starter pack and lower tier ships in the legacy pack. If you're someone that hates the lockbox gamble, you can still sell the master keys that come with the legacy pack which will give you a good amount of ec towards a lockbox ship, so really there's the possibility of 5 endgame ships or 10 ships total.

Personally, I think if Cryptic leaves in availible long enough, that most people will go for the Legacy pack over the starter pack. Cryptic just has to realize that 125 dollars is a huge chunk of money for some people. Personally, I'm waiting until they release some ship stats before I decide to buy the pack or not, and not just the stats for the ships in the pack, but a side by side comparison of regular and c-store variations.

Firstly, to the bold and underlined part: We get a Stipend of Zen NOT Dilithium. 500 Zen that we can then turn into Dilithium on the market if we so choose.

Which sort of proves that you have not really read everything too clearly yourself unless that was a typo.

However, I do agree that there were a number of folks who freaked out a bit and jumped to conclusions before they even bothered fully comprehending what the Pack was actually offering. The community calmed them down and set things straight though so it is not that big of a deal.

Ship stats would be a nice bonus along with more detailed information about these ships and even the Remens but the reason they are holding off is likely that they are not yet set in stone and they do not want to give out false information. However, you know full well that all the C-Store ships will be superior to the normal ships so either way this will be a nice bundle.