test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Holding Costs -- full details on how much it costs to finish

Comments

• phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The dilithium mine fleet holding is now on Tribble and set to go live this month.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The dilithium mine fleet holding is now on Tribble and set to go live this month.

So, the real question is - how much are these input discounts.

While not unexpected, it's pretty disappointing for Cryptic to say that they're going to help small fleets out, they just have to complete another Holding first *without* help in order to get it.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    So, the real question is - how much are these input discounts.

While not unexpected, it's pretty disappointing for Cryptic to say that they're going to help small fleets out, they just have to complete another Holding first *without* help in order to get it.

According to what I've heard so far, it's 3% per tier.

So at Tier 3, dilithium mine gives 9% discount on fleet projects, trade is 95% discount on items and commodities, and development is 9% discount on fleet marks.
    edited June 2013
    According to what I've heard so far, it's 3% per tier.

So at Tier 3, dilithium mine gives 9% discount on fleet projects, trade is 95% discount on items and commodities, and development is 9% discount on fleet marks.

Wow. So if the costs are roughly comparable to the Embassy, you'd pay (for example), 8.5M Dilithium to build up the Mine, which would save you 2.6M Dilithium on the Starbase+Embassy, assuming that you were starting from scratch.

Woohoo! Great savings.

So glad they decided to help the small fleets out.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its unlikely to have an refined dilithium requirement, it would be redondant. Its more likely Fleet Marks and EC will be required, with the Fleet Discount for Fleet Marks making up for it. Expertise is a likely requirement as well.

The one think I wanted more then others is med and security doffs discount. Oh well.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    Wow. So if the costs are roughly comparable to the Embassy, you'd pay (for example), 8.5M Dilithium to build up the Mine, which would save you 2.6M Dilithium on the Starbase+Embassy, assuming that you were starting from scratch.

Woohoo! Great savings.

So glad they decided to help the small fleets out.

yeah it will be laughably silly if it costs dilitium to make the holding.

Kind of like someone spending $85 bucks on something they don't really need(especially small fleets) to save $25 bucks on the things they do.

So spend $85 to save $25 - you would go broke real fast in real life.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We have at least 2 Fleet Holdings after this so even Fleets at Tier 5 Starbase with all facilities at Tier 5 and Tier 3 Embassy will see some benefit. Although not as much benefit as a Fleet that starts this month.
    edited June 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    We have at least 2 Fleet Holdings after this

I've seen random speculation, is there actually a dev source for this?
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited June 2013
    I've seen random speculation, is there actually a dev source for this?

I understand the new fleet holding is up on tribble. It's beyond speculation now. Cryptic also announced they'd be adding something, and it won't be far away unless there are some significant issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    devian666 wrote: »
    I understand the new fleet holding is up on tribble. It's beyond speculation now. Cryptic also announced they'd be adding something, and it won't be far away unless there are some significant issues.

Nope.

Cryptic announced they'd be adding something = new fleet holding on Tribble.

Starkaos says that there are at least two more beyond this = speculation?
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited June 2013
    Speculation, however it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were another 2 or 3 planned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope.

Cryptic announced they'd be adding something = new fleet holding on Tribble.

Starkaos says that there are at least two more beyond this = speculation?

Considering that there is still Exploration, Espionage, Medical, and Colonial left for Commendations and Fleet Holdings seem to use up two Commendations when they are released, then there is likely to be 2 Fleet Holdings left unless the devs decide to only go with one Commendation. It is deduction based on relevant information. So 2 or more Fleet Holdings after Dilithium Mine.
    edited June 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Considering that there is still Exploration, Espionage, Medical, and Colonial left for Commendations and Fleet Holdings seem to use up two Commendations when they are released, then there is likely to be 2 Fleet Holdings left unless the devs decide to only go with one Commendation. It is deduction based on relevant information. So 2 or more Fleet Holdings after Dilithium Mine.

Yeah, but that's like saying the Klingons have no low level content, so obviously it must be coming.

In 3 years.
  • eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to see solid numbers for the discount and total construction cost, too. I was also hoping for a reduction of at least 20% at max tier.
    edited June 2013
    eklinaar wrote: »
    I'd like to see solid numbers for the discount and total construction cost, too. I was also hoping for a reduction of at least 20% at max tier.

Actually, given that they said costs for the mine were 'comparable to the embassy', the discount needed to be 30% to just break even.
    edited June 2013
    eklinaar wrote: »

Here ya go! List of dilithium mine projects.

I'll be updating the page with relevant analysis over the next few days. Tune in to Priority One for more :)
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here ya go! List of dilithium mine projects.

I'll be updating the page with relevant analysis over the next few days. Tune in to Priority One for more :)

9%?

Why does that not surprise me in the least. Spend a fortune to save some pocket change.
    Dstahl wrote:
    This is tied to the new Fleet Holding that is releasing soon which will have a significant impact on a small Fleet?s ability to complete other Fleet Projects.

Significant impact my TRIBBLE.
  • ascaladarascaladar Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think DL are part of the problem, but I do not think a 9% decrease will help small fleets all that much. Another problem are doffs, the projects require really huge amounts to complete and medical doffs are really hard to come by.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As far as i can see the recent changes not only not help with the doff problem but also doesnt decrease dil cost because the reduction overall is less than the cost for the refinery. Although i have not seen the official post stating the 9% thats floating around i must say that the systems team seems to be in need of some basic economic lessons or something:(
    edited June 2013
    As far as i can see the recent changes not only not help with the doff problem but also doesnt decrease dil cost because the reduction overall is less than the cost for the refinery. Although i have not seen the official post stating the 9% thats floating around i must say that the systems team seems to be in need of some basic economic lessons or something:(

The 9% figure comes from in-game descriptions of the fleet holding found on Tribble.
  • tallbittallbit Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now tell me what are you doing breaking the game again. When I logging into 1 toon this morning expecting to have a good payday I see that you removed my Energy Credit Increase on my whole account, really WTF so all the items that sold is sold but I get only 10,000,000 per toon? well where's all my other credits and don't tell me that I need to spend the 5$ to unlock it yet again, and if that's the case put the Zen back in my account for all the Fleet Ship Modules I purchased to sell for E.C.:mad:
    edited June 2013
    It will cost more dilithium to build the refinery than you would save building an entire Starbase.

So except for more overpriced stores - I don't see how this helps at all.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Again: The discount is a side effect of the new holding, NOT the main benefit.
    The main benefits are the usual holding stores, buffs, gear etc.

We would have gotten a new holding with or without discount either way.

So it's a plus. And teh discount applies to all holding stores as well, is that correct?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
    edited June 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »

We would have gotten a new holding with or without discount either way.

So it's a plus. And teh discount applies to all holding stores as well, is that correct?

As I said - more overpriced stores - is that all the starbase system is?
    edited June 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »

You seem to have both made the point, and missed it entirely.

Stahl repeatedly went on record saying that reducing fleet costs was a priority, and that the primary mechanism for doing that would be the dilithium mine fleet holding.

Fast forward to the reveal...and what is the solution that's been trumpeted to us? A reduction in costs coupled with an up front grind that doesn't even break even.

That's not an improvement.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How does this new holding help small fleets more than large ones? In fact it seems the opposite is true - large fleets can build this and get the discount sooner.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As I said - more overpriced stores - is that all the starbase system is?

Yes. ;) To Cryptic anyway.

Stahl repeatedly went on record saying that reducing fleet costs was a priority, and that the primary mechanism for doing that would be the dilithium mine fleet holding.

Fast forward to the reveal...and what is the solution that's been trumpeted to us? A reduction in costs coupled with an up front grind that doesn't even break even.

I take it over a new holding without cost reductions.

But yes, it wouldn't hurt if teh benefits were greater, generel costs reduced anyway and/or other sub holding providing other discounts.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • url1kurl1k Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    How does this new holding help small fleets more than large ones? In fact it seems the opposite is true - large fleets can build this and get the discount sooner.

Yup. Total fail, no help for small fleets at all.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looking at the numbers and how long this mine will take, if your only reason to do it is the dilithium savings, its not worth it to bother with thid holding, if you really want the Miner Doffs, Enigeering consoles and Elite Warp Cores, then its worth doing the Dilithium savings and other savings are really nice bonus.

See if Dan hadn't set expectations that it will help small fleets this Holding would be considered a nice one, but it doesn't meet expectations he set.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited June 2013

naevius wrote: »

I agree, this isn't any help whatsoever to small fleets. In fact I won't be doing this holding until the embassy which we only just started is complete, and only if members want it.

As a tier 2 almost tier 3 fleet, this doesn't help us any, as others have said you'll pump more into this holding that the discounts allows and this does not make smaller fleets any more attractive to newer players as large fleets will have this maxed out ASAP. Smaller fleets can't match that. If the discount was only to fleets with 100 or less members until they go over that mark it might be useful but again the up front grind means most smaller fleets will decide not to do it.

Another better alternative would be to have the discount up front and as fleets expand and grow larger the discount gets smaller until you're at like 300-400 members where it goes all together.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!