test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

C-Store purchase option: "Re-race" token

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
Was wondering if at some point you guys (cryptic) might consider a Race/Gender change for characters, a C-store set up for this would be fine by me. Just wondering.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Gurian wrote:
    Was wondering if at some point you guys (cryptic) might consider a Race/Gender change for characters, a C-store set up for this would be fine by me. Just wondering.

Second. As well as adding a career change service, like from tac to engineer.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yes! Don't want to be HU-MAN anymore. Granted, personal lore wise it's close. it would be crafted human.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    A more practical use of a hypothetical "Re-character" token could be to convert an "alien" character to a canon race one, be it a player character or a BOff

For instance, I currently use the "Alien" species to painstakingly create a Cardassian Science BOff. If and when Cardies become playable races, I'd like to use such a "re-character" token to officially transition him into the canon race.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I would like to change from Human to Liberated Borg please :(

Got my LTS a couple of months after I started.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Gurian wrote:

I'm Human Tactical, and I'd LOVE to switch to Alien Tactical. I don't plan on having 20+ characters, just one, and it'd be fun to have different costumes, one Cardy, one Romulan, one Deferi, one Klingon, and one HuMON.

Anyway, I want to change the RACE of my character, but keep everything I have.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    This is a good idea. I am a silver player and I bought some things in the store. Some things are character bound and it turns out, if you are no longer interested in the character, you can leave it or delete it, anyway your purchases become obsolete and are lost.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    fovrel wrote:
    This is a good idea. I am a silver player and I bought some things in the store. Some things are character bound and it turns out, if you are no longer interested in the character, you can leave it or delete it, anyway your purchases become obsolete and are lost.

and the Cstore is working as intended. They want you to spend as much money as often as you have to. They don't want to make it easy on you. This is just one reason why things went character unlock for many items.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    WoW has a character re-customization, race change, and faction change, etc. I would spend C-Points for any of these features should they be implemented.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    WoW has a character re-customization, race change, and faction change, etc. I would spend C-Points for any of these features should they be implemented.

+ 1 here for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Same here!
  • Options
    macdecorummacdecorum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd rather undergo "cosmetic augmentation" to appear as another race than start another character. There have been times on the shows when this was done.
    Being officially recognized as another race could require trait respecs.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

wow also had INGAME currency to respec skills lol

anyways..+1 from me

only down side is they would need to give us a trait respec to go with it due to all the different traits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Definitely needed. I looked the other day still not in the store. I need a race change because my toon is from prelaunch headstart, I chose alien before they had clearcut tooltips on what is good and what is not good to select for your character. It's a very old account as I was here in beta prior to launch and I would like to change his race to a Caitian. The reason for not wanting to level a new toon is simple. There are plenty of things that are 1 time only items that I find are character bound and would not be replaceable if I made a new toon. (most recently being the Breen/Reman Boffs for one). I really need this and I'd pay to get this service easily.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    +1 for re-race, re-trait

faction change is also very interesting, i would be having many lvl 50 Romulans :D
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've recently found myself wishing I could go back and select a different race for my main character (for role playing purposes) and I do NOT want to start over with a completely new character.

A quick search of the forums here show that many, many other players have asked for this in the past. I know there are game play elements that have to be considered but I would pay 5000 Zen in a heartbeat just to change my current character's race without having to start over from scratch.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes I agree this is needed and am willing to pay more for it then a skill respec token. With all the changes to traits in the upcomming trait revamp, many of us would have selected different races when making our characters.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    kobayashikumihokobayashikumiho Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would pay 5000 Zen in a heartbeat just to change my current character's race without having to start over from scratch.

$50 USD for a race redo?

Wow, let the hyper inflation begin.

Or, better yet, an Origins Lock Box w/ a non-exchange sellable race redo token as the top prize.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    $50 USD for a race redo?

Wow, let the hyper inflation begin.

I realize that most people don't want to pay that, but then most players aren't trying to select a new race without starting a character from scratch.

I'm just being honest about how much I'd be "willing" to pay if Cryptic offered the option. Of course, I'd LOVE it if the option was FREE if you've reached level 50 but I know the devs usually can't make things like this happen unless there is revenue tied to it.

So, I considered how badly I personally want to select a new race for my main character, considered what Cryptic charges for other major things in the C-store and decided I would personally pay up to $50 just to be able to "re-race" my current character.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would never pay 5000 Zen for this, I refuse to pay 1000 Zen for a few account bank slots.

While I would really like this, I think something along the lines of what a re-spec token is would be more appropriate.

Apart from the price I support what the OP has said. With the new trait system coming in I would love to have a re-racial token.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would never pay 5000 Zen for this, I refuse to pay 1000 Zen for a few account bank slots.

While I would really like this, I think something along the lines of what a re-spec token is would be more appropriate.

Apart from the price I support what the OP has said. With the new trait system coming in I would love to have a re-racial token.

THIS

i really agree with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    mitanandamitananda Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here

+1 for changing race traits, and especially gender

i would be very grateful for that
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This would be very useful, a Zen-store token to change race, gender and class. New races could be excluded for a period. I can understand that.

Also, gender is a cosmetic thing for a computer character. In this game, where we have so much freedom in reshaping our character, a wonderful feature I have to say, gender changing should be part of that.

Gender change can be a hot toppic. I don't know why. There is almost no game were there is a difference between a male and female character. From a roleplaying point of view that doesn't make sense, but I think most game makeres don't wantto burn themselves (everybody the same, no differences, no hate).

In the end the character is just a bunch of pixels. My girls, how good they may look, in the inside is the player, me and this keeps them still mannish.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really want a species change.

Gender change, sure why not. Wouldn't need it myself, but if someone wants one, might as well sell it to them. However, there are clothing items that are gender specific. You would lose those.

Class change I can see being problematic. The ground skill tree is class-specific, so it would need to respec your skills, too. The player abilities are also class-specific, as are kits. At the very least, it would be a lot more work to implement since its not just cosmetic.

Faction changing wouldn't work as long as there are faction-locked ships and equipment. Unless people were to be allowed to "defect" with their arsenal intact, which would be totally awesome. But we all know the faction uniqueness fanboys would raise a riot over that.

Trait respecs are already on Tribble.
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this was one of my question asked in the ask cryptic topic from last month(or 2 month ago) but ofcourse daniel stahl didn't think that is valid question and ignored it.
    it whould be awesome to see such a token. i whould love to make my toon a borg, but i don't want to reroll and i don't like to have alts. i have a lot of good ship and gear on this toon, i have 8.5k accolade points and all inventory and bank slots bought. rerolling will mean i have to accoplish all of them again and that's out of discussion. i whould rather change the game than rerolling.
    it whould be awesome to be able to change the class, but i think allmost everybody will go for tactical in this way.
    +1 from me too
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    voxinvictusvoxinvictus Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2013
    I'd pay 500 zen for this. I'm not going to pay 5000 just because they changed the game system, making my previous choices obsolete.

I consider myself to have "gotten my money's worth" from the various Alien characters I've made, even though they would have definitely been "canon" races under the new trait system.

I wouldn't object to paying SOME money to help defray the cost of the feature, but at the same time, I think it's just good business for PWE if players are playing the race they would have always preferred.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd pay 500 zen to change one of my alts, any more than that and I'm just going to delete and remake.
  • Options
    unknownmgxunknownmgx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    if not i'll be beack to check again.. in another few months
    hopefully will get to play this game again one day once changes are in
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    +1 from me

• Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    REALLY REALLY NEED!

Would love to change my original science alien to a Betazoid and my engineer from a lib borg to a Caitian!

It's been 3 years now can we get this please?
  • Options
    ourmasterourmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Race change would be needed after season 8 changes.
    akpa wrote: »
    this was one of my question asked in the ask cryptic topic from last month(or 2 month ago) but ofcourse daniel stahl didn't think that is valid question and ignored it.

They rarely answer gameplay questions. Most text of the ask cryptic is usually fluff talk.