test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Dev Blog #43

13»

Comments

• thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can you do the event anytime during the day? I hope so.. some of us have RL work..!!
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can you do the event anytime during the day? I hope so.. some of us have RL work..!!
    I would like to know this as well
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Its probably just like the daily race from the holidays. Pick up the mission and do it and the first time you do it you get the thing you need (and then can repeat the mission to get more dilithium.) And the day usually resets around 5PM pacific time.
    7NGGeUP.png

• digimatldigimatl Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sounds Great! :eek: Time to fire up my Vesta gain :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hats off to Cryptic, this looks like a lot of fun, and will break up the tedium of STFs!

Will there be any new accolades/titles? I like titles...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is it really a good strategy to have an event that you have to grind 14 days or you get nothing? I'd much rather have an event where everyone can participate and get something fun, rather than a limited event that rewards only grinding.

I think it's very short-sighted to have an event and only reward a 14-day grind. Even the winter event had items for people who couldn't do the whole grind for the Breen ship.

Okay I misread, I imagined the secondary project would be open from the start. Then you have a point. It should be.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From combat logs I doubt overhealing is scored, people helf healing when taking no damage literally come up with 0 HPS in combat logs. I see it all the time when in my high agro cruiser.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • fabnpgxfabnpgx Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to know if this new CE gives accolade aswell?
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Love the intro story. More sustained dps and off-skill missions pls. Wouldn't sonic, vibratory and/or the Breen Dissipation weapon also cause special damage? Could there be an opportunity to try to communicate with it also?
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The queue is cross-faction. It will allow KDF and FED players to team together to take it down.

are private matches cross faction? For example the queue is cross-faction for Mine Trap but private matches aren't
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The new Crystalline Entity better have a pretty spectacular death animation. :D

And did anyone else read the story in the blog listening to this? :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,757 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I'm hoping that this event will return some time in the future, because even if I play it every day, I ship out to BMT on the 14th day, leaving me one shard shy of being able to complete the project. Here's to hoping. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What...more GRINDING? Come on this is a play area and not work...Instead of creating a another REPUTATION scheme could you just give us good DROPS automatically. Who is the Einstein who thought about this. It's so sad all you guys ever think of is grinding instead of enjoying how to play the game.:mad:
    DUwNP.gif

• betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    those shards are not available any more are they? :(
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • sinbad187sinbad187 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, it was a 3 week event...

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=859041
    The Crystalline Catastrophe will be returning to Star Trek Online as part of a brand new Event beginning on Thursday, April 11, 2013, around 10 AM PDT. As part of the Crystalline Entity?s grand re-introduction to Holodeck, this re-mastered encounter will part of a special limited-time Event that will run for three weeks, ending on Thursday, May 2, 2013, around 10 AM PDT.
    edited June 2013
    for anyone returning to STO, the event tab is about the most misleading thing i think i have ever seen on any mmo i ever played :..(

in game offers no info on the fact that is "WAS" available ...

good luck all, i'm done
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • masumunemasumune Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This event was in April, we are in June... Why is this coming back in the forum?
    edited June 2013
    people returning for LoR are just now seeing it
    not everyone plays only one MMO
    any even more challenging, some play 3 at once
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since the event is long over, closing thread.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
This discussion has been closed.