What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 2, 2013

Comments

• Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry I haven't read all the pages yet so let me repeat what probably 100 other people said:

The trait redesign looks really interesting. I like it. Also the "combining old things into a species trait" sure does help the Gorn, who used to get the rough end on the trait side.

Also, Warp Cores, looks good. Should add something interesting. I'm not thrilled that they're adding a new power, since I play the game in windowed mode, and I'd actually like to not have my entire screen end up being skill trays some day. Otherwise, interesting.

One thing I have not seen addressed yet I'd like to bring up: Has the design team looked at Crew Recovery rate on various classes of ship? As it works now on holodeck, frankly it's a mass disadvantage to have an Odyssey. You come out of combat and you have to sit around for three minutes for your crew to recover. This doesn't seem right.

Generally this looks quality though.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love everything about this patch. I am not too sure why they would even stress about Windows XP as that is an ancient and unsupported OS now in every other market, but still an awesome patch either way. I am very excited about the Warp Cores. Maybe I'll finally be able to get some great speeds while ditching that borg engine to get my visuals back on other sets :)

Probably because there have been multiple threads after the last patch from people complaining about it, and the fact that XP is listed as part of the minimum requirements for STO, which means Cryptic is still supporting it for STO.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I patched it up and tried it out. The only thing I would possibly change about anything with this new setup is please make the color schemes attach to characters on the same CFG as the layouts do. I was really excited at the thought of attaching the Orion scheme to my characters flying Orion ships, etc., but found that when i applied a scheme to one character, it not only carried to other characters but across factions as well. It was odd to log onto a KDF character with the Voyager colors showing up.

On the glitches side, that was kind of fun blocking DS9's hallways with my Odyssey. LOL. That is one of the best glitches I have seen thus far. No hurry on that being fixed . . . it really was fun.

But on a serious note . . . yes . . . please make the color schemes character specific. Anyone else agree with this one?
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...with all these extra powers, we're going to need to expand to 12 buttons per action bar (using the "-" and "=" keys by default) instead of only 10 buttons per action bar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm considering im not seeing this new clicky power thats supposed to come with stubborn and im not seeing this new OP sounding knockback immunity with sure footed yet either i guess some part of those patch notes must be about a patch that didn't made it in yet?
  • Options
    gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wfs5519 wrote: »
    i could see ship equipment drops require tractoring or stablizing before transport. and/or require repairs before equipped into your ship.
    Just assume your dedicated crew handles that for you.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Happy happy joyjoy!

I was hoping a workaround or fix for this would be included.

there is upgrade your OS
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would love if they went back and updated some ships that should have special warp cores.

Excelsior for one, the whole Transwarp engine, in lore they had to stick the ship in dry dock and strip that out to replace it with a normal warp core engine.

T3 Excelsior keeps the Transwarp console, as it can be used on any ship.

T5 Excelsior gets the Transwarp core engine, combing the console and a standard warp core engine, it can only be used on Excelsior class ships (just like other T5 ship consoles are locked to their ship type)
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have some questions.

What is "Perfect Shields"

This .
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,244 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think the temporal ships should have warpcores that give chroniton slipstream.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Ok the warp cores are nice 'n all. But they're just for engineering.

Will science be getting any form of warp core stuff?

Okay the deflectors are nice 'n all. But they're just for Science.

Will engineering be getting any form of deflector stuff?

NO.
  • Options
    theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I keep having this bug when I transfer my character to tribble all her items are gone. No ship items no inventory no nothing. =P
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I keep having this bug when I transfer my character to tribble all her items are gone. No ship items no inventory no nothing. =P

Yup. That's an acknowledged bug. Fortunately all of your characters that were already on Tribble before still have their gear.
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    berrycola wrote: »
    Major bug here:

There is no way to Depart the Qo'noS system... the buttons are greyed out and transwarp options are not available.

I have the same problem with my KDF in DS9
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Traits:
    [*]Current characters will be granted a free respec token for their traits.

I'm surprised that no one pointed this out yet, but how does one get the respec token? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the tokens are only for gold players, since I don't see anyway to get it as a silver player.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm surprised that no one pointed this out yet, but how does one get the respec token? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the tokens are only for gold players, since I don't see anyway to get it as a silver player.
    It's a separate reTRAIT token, even though it's also called respec in the interface. Go to the Trait tab.

However, I can't get the Trait tab to do much. I have the LtCmdr slot unlocked, and I can add another trait to the list, but I can't commit. Nor does the Respec button seem to do anything for me at all. I never get the option to remove any existing traits.

Do I need to be someplace specific? Talk to a specific NPC (tried the respec vendor, no dice)? Do a little dance? Wear a funny hat? :)
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.

[*]Space - EPS Manifold Efficiency:
    • Using a Battery for one subsystem also gives 25% of its effect to other subsystems.

[/LIST]

Testing the batteries it seams that instead 25%, you get a flat +10 to the other subsystems.

RMC seems to get the +10 bonus only for the duration of a normal battery, not full duration of the RMC burn.

Also, I some of my mouse buttons are now off, and I am having problems resetting them.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At the moment on Tribble I'm seeing much greater power drain from Beam Fire At Will than I do on Holodeck, to the point that at the end of the ten second cycle, I'm seeing my weapon power go down to the 30s from a starting point that is substantially over 125.

Is this intended behaviour?

Edit: scenario:

Ship: Odyssey Tac Cruiser
    Fore Weapons: Romulan rep experimental beam, Fleet advanced Antiproton beam arrays x3
    Aft Weapons: Kinetic Cutting Beam, Fleet advanced Antiproton beam arrays x3
    Normal weapon power: 109 before buffs and procs
    EPS skill: 121 (power transfer rate 11.8/sec)
    Scenario happens with buffs: EPTW1, or with EPTW1 and EPS Transfer III; Nadion Inversion does keep weapon power levels high
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • Options
    theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lol, so I just go done testing the advanced mesh weavers. As fun as they are they have zero accuracy. They missed at least half of their shots :(. Unfortunately I can't test the tetryon grid with them as it keeps getting deleted when I transfer my character lol. They also seem to suffer from poor AI, they keep pausing mid flight for no reason every now and then. I met up with a friend on the test server and we had our hanger pets duel. Tholian mesh weavers Vs. Jem'hadar attack ships. Mesh weavers got smoked bad :P.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    graleron wrote: »
    At the moment on Tribble I'm seeing much greater power drain from Beam Fire At Will than I do on Holodeck, to the point that at the end of the ten second cycle, I'm seeing my weapon power go down to the 30s from a starting point that is substantially over 125.

Is this intended behaviour?

Edit: scenario:

Ship: Odyssey Tac Cruiser
    Fore Weapons: Romulan rep experimental beam, Fleet Antiproton x3
    Aft Weapons: Kinetic Cutting Beam, Fleet Antiproton x3
    Normal weapon power: 109 before buffs and procs
    EPS skill: 121 (power transfer rate 11.8/sec)
    Scenario happens with buffs: EPTW1, or with EPTW1 and EPS Transfer III; Nadion Inversion does keep weapon power levels high

You know, my assault cruiser is about six months or more out of date, so I thought it was just a weakness of my old build, but you're right, there seemed to be a massive amount more drain than anything currently on Holodeck. Starting at 123 and dropping as low as 60-70.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ambassador s'taass is giving out fed cardi sector missions to kdf captains. there ya have it, the missions for 1-50 leveling, copy pasted fed missions. course, i couldnt try them out, i couldn't even beam off the damn station for some reason.

i played cutting the cord to see some the enhanced sela parts and romulan explosions in action, and when i got to the very end, i destroyed the 2 visible week points on the space gate, and it acted like i didn't get them all. cant remember if there is supposed to be more, but i couldn't complete the mission. the new conversation was not yet dubed ether.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm assuming that the warp cores are going to be getting new icons, since they are currently just impulse icons. My questions are will there be Mk XI and MkXII? And will there be craftable warp cores?

I ran a few missions and didn't see any drops, are their specific places that they drop or is it only end game content?

And will there be Fleet Warp Cores? :cool:
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i cant even fully patch, it just stops. tried a few times once stopped at 48% closed out tried again stopped at 78%, no response
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can you be any vaguer on the Conservation of Energy Trait?

It says you have a Chance of increasing your Exotic Damage.

Whats the number? Is it a .000000000000001 chance or .0001 chance or 1.5 chance, well Cryptic what are my chances of having this trait activate. I would really like to know before I use up my respec token, I would hate to find out later that it was .000000000000001 chance to proc.

And how long will it last before the proc expires, 1 sec or 2 maybe 5.

The patch notes says that the damage increase is 10% but the MOST important place to show the information says nothing specific about anything. Its one BIG vague explanation of the trait

Hows about you guys use a check list and keep it if front of you so you can use it before any one puts anything into the game to make sure that all basic info is included in the game.
    :mad:
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    • Trait Rebalancing: A number of existing traits were too situational or too inconsequential compared to other choices.

Please consider rebalancing the new career-specific traits in addition to old traits. We are having a discussion of the new traits here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=599611

Specifically, I feel that some of the career-specific traits are too spec dependent and don't support different types of builds. Also, some of the tactical traits seem stronger than their science or engineering counterparts.
    • Updated Leadership:
      • This trait now provides a scale .3 Regeneration bonus in-combat, and a scale .6 Regeneration bonus out of combat.
      • This power no longer scales off of your amount of crew alive or off your skill points spent in hull repairs.
        • Its effectiveness is now constant.
      • Leadership's out-of-combat regeneration rate no longer persists during Combat as well.
      • Leadership no longer gives regeneration for having 100% of crew alive regardless of how much Crew damage the ship had taken.

Can you clarify the behavior of the leadership trait? Does the hull regeneration bonus depend on crew or not? The statements above seem contradictory.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    hohenz0llernhohenz0llern Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will there be warp cores added to all the various sets in game? To be claimed/built under the various rep trees. Also the the craftable set.

I am aware this would make it a tad easier to get two set bonuses of two sets.

Will there be various craftable warp cores? Fleet warp cores?

What is that Events reputation about? Rewards? Borg events; which would no longer award omega rep? Or other events like the Tholian one? Could the Tholian event give both Tholian and Romulan rep? ;-) Tholian rep, if solely dependent on Nukara ground...will get a bit tedious.

Is the issue with bugged events fixed or on the table to be fixed? The Tholian one not working is quite annoying and impinge upon reputation gain. Also I hope the particle errors or artifacts in most Borg event sector maps are removed. Those can kill frame-rate.
    "...but let's just forget about all of that. Let's have a cup of tea, Mr. Hurst." -- Morty
  • Options
    barimanforumsbarimanforums Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I recommend having blue high lights for FEDs in the character selection screen. The red seems out of place.
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    whelp i had a rather interesting time on tribble as i was a Mobius Temporal Destroyer on Earth Space Dock.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just got on to tribble for the first time.

The new interface looks kind of interesting, however it seems to take up even more of the screen for the various parts then before. Since so many of the UI elements are now opaque I can actually see less of whats in the area then before. It ends up feeling more confined.

When I first logged in it was at the wrong resolution for my monitor so I tried to set it to the correct one, 1920x1080p 60hz. When i set it to 1920x1080 it puts it on 29hz and I CANNOT change the hz. I can change the general resolution but if I try and change the hz setting for 1920x1080 it stays on 29hz. Needless to say this causes some problems, foremost of which is almost the entire interface is shimmering. I'm going to be able to play with this very little before it gives me a major headache.

Traits added to the active trait list can't be removed, even if you have not commited them yet. If you close the interface and reopen it they will be reset. Found this out when I had picked a trait and then saw a better one and went the trade them out and found I could not. Did not have a respec for my traits. Did not have the time to really mess with it though thanks to the resolution issue.

About all I got to before I had to quit.
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In his 2hour interview Gecko said about tac/scorts: NOt enough glass too much cannon.

The passives from rep and trait system, are having the exact opposite effect of bringing the glass back to the cannons.

The eng and sci career specific traits, are lack luster at best. Seriously can we get a re-career token in may. People are already " LFT no engs please", and they are right. You are killing a career. The feedback on this has been loud and clear, so it clearly happens on purpose. Making tac more tanky, further obsoletes the eng class (who needs EPS we have team batteries).

Just delete engs, and remove the trinity from game. Instead of continuing this ridiculous poor design. Maybe with one class, systems can handle the balancing for both PvE and PvP more easily.

BTW is this something that you want feedback for, or are we too close to release already and PvP will just have to live with these traits not matter what. If you don't have the time to react to feedback it would be nice to let us know.