Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 2, 2013

Comments

• Options
    admiralbrenanadmiralbrenan Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Not really, pretty sure there was one longer, didn't even end up being opened and was closed until the next day.

Damn im glad i missed that one
  • Options
    captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It took a long time for the Tribble patch to complete. Then, a player logs into the game only to find that the "Shared is locked." I'm sorry, but that is annoying. It would be nice to let players know the ETA that Tribble will be back up. :cool:
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    A lot of changes!, looking good overall. But this:

Ground -Medical Vanguard:
    - All powers you use on allies give them perfect shields for 4 seconds, along with a moderate Shield Heal.

Why the Science Class -a HP tank- is now getting Shield tanking?. I thought that this was only ground for Engineers. Why not make Medical Vaguard a perfect HP for 4 seconds?
    I like this better.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    anybody else think that with the introduction of warp cores an innate power could be eject warp core and would do a 5km aoe explosion or something to that extent?
  • Options
    lordstarr2lordstarr2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, all we need now is a eject warp core button to keep us from going boom, Right?
  • Options
    misskaitlinmisskaitlin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No I will not "chill". The patch notes shouldn't be posted until the server is up and ready. Thats just common sense. And feedback threads certainly shouldnt be created until the server is ready to be played on.

No MMO I have ever played does this. The patch notes sometimes go up more than a day in advance of the patches, even. This is so that players can look at the patch notes before they actually patch the game so that they know what they are getting. (And so they have something to do while the game is patching.)

As the patch is, in fact, available, the patch notes should be up. There could after all be an important note about "NO DON'T PATCH IF X, THAT'LL BREAK SOMETHING" in the patch notes. That the patch cannot be currently played isn't really germane; it can definitely be downloaded so they need to say something about its contents.
    USS Aratama: “Draw The Blade!”
    USS Shigure: “Washed Clean”
    USS Akizuki: “A Light In The Dark”
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    lordstarr2 wrote: »
    So, all we need now is a eject warp core button to keep us from going boom, Right?

They could a slight chance (im talking like 1.25%) to cause a warp core breach and you would have to eject the core to negate being made into tiny ship bits :)
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    anybody else think that with the introduction of warp cores an innate power could be eject warp core and would do a 5km aoe explosion or something to that extent?
    lordstarr2 wrote: »

Haha Jynx?
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    madjik79madjik79 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Aaaaand it's up.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We Are Live!!!
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah its alive and erm wtf is that fountain spray thing on pick your character screen lol. Looks a bit daft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No I will not "chill". The patch notes shouldn't be posted until the server is up and ready. Thats just common sense. And feedback threads certainly shouldnt be created until the server is ready to be played on.

Seriously it should be as simple as the server team responsible for deploying the patch/running checks going to Branflakes(or the person in charge) and saying the server is up, and then Branflakes going to zer0nius and telling her to put the patch notes up and then the devs posting their feedback topics...

I don't understand why people defend such backward ways of running things.

Its like saying a cake is done baking when it still has another 15 minutes to go... no one does that.

No, but you do get told when a cake is baking, I'm just saying you may disagree, I may disagree, this is just the standard that cryptic work to.

Personally I see no problem with doing things preemptively, such as preparing feed back posts so that they are ready before the system goes live, so that the feedback can been sent the second that the patch goes live.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Those Warp cores look interesting. In addition to drops, will we see them sold (such as in Dil Stores, Reputation System, Fleet System)?
    A selection of Warp Cores can be purchased from Energy Credit vendors in most social hubs, as well as through the Dilithium store.

this should answer your question for the most part although I do expect us to see warp cores come to fleet stores as well.
  • Options
    cypherpilot1cypherpilot1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Warp Cores:
    • All ships in the game now have a Warp Core slot.
      • All KDF and Starfleet vessels use Matter/Antimatter Warp Cores.
    • The way in which Warp Speed in Sector Space is calculated has been updated.
      • It is now based off the level of your ship's Warp Core, instead of off your captain level.
      • Additionally, the scale of Warp Speed throughout the game has been recalculated to allow players to go faster in Sector Space but maintain Warp 10 as the fastest displayed non-Transwarp speed.
        • A speed that previously displayed as Warp 7 now displays as Warp 5, but is actually the same speed.
        • This means captains moving at Warp 10 will now reach their destinations more quickly than they could before.
    • Warp Cores of every rarity now drop from space combat throughout the game. As your Warp Core increases in rarity, it gains additional pools of possible enhancements to add to your ship.
      • All Matter/Anti-Matter Warp Cores increase the Maximum power of either Shields, Engines, or Auxiliary by 5.
      • Uncommon quality Warp Cores add a bonus of 15 to an Engineering-related skill.
        • There are six possible enhancements you can receive on a green warp core:
          • Driver Coil
          • Starship Batteries
          • Warp Core Efficiency
          • Subsystem Repair
          • Electro-Plasma Systems
          • Starship Engine Performance
      • Rare quality Warp Cores add a synergy bonus between one power system and another.
        • For example, one possible Rare enhancement will give you bonus Weapon power equal to a percentage of your current Engine power.
        • There are twelve possible enhancements at the Rare level.
      • Very Rare quality Warp Cores add a new power to your useable powers, a Capacitor.
        • Capacitor powers function as reusable batteries that don't occupy a device slot, but have a longer cooldown and lower magnitude of effect than a standard battery.
        • There are four enhancements at the Very Rare level, one for each battery type.
    • Mk XI and XII Warp Cores of all qualities gain one additional travel-related enhancement that increases the usefulness of your Slipstream or Transwarp abilities.
    • A selection of Warp Cores can be purchased from Energy Credit vendors in most social hubs, as well as through the Dilithium store.
    • All told, the Warp Core slot is designed to add a lot of choice in how you configure your ship's power settings and Engineering abilities.
      • There are tens of thousands of possible cores out there to find and use, and tons of new builds to make with them, so good luck and happy hunting!

Does this mean we're going to get MACO/Omega/Assimilated/KHG Warpcores?
  • Options
    squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love the way that the colors phase as they change when you pick a UI color style.

Details like that are awesome.

edit: Also, Events reputation?
  • Options
    hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited April 2013
    Space traits:

The science traits are ill conceived. Exotic damage boost is going to be hardly noticeable. The photonic fleet trait is just going to create more annoying NPC spam in PvP, but isn't actually that useful.

The tactical traits both seem incredibly powerful, though the GDF trait is balanced somewhat by the change to only allowing GDF when lower than 50%. Given how easy it is to boost critical hit chance and how profound of an impact accuracy has, crippling fire is far out of line with the other traits.

The engineer traits look useful. The MW one sounds quite powerful. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that PvE is a pure DPS race and in PvP people can chose not to shoot the tank. These aren't going to fix engineers.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Tribble is back up now :) Please also see Zero's opening line to the patch notes: "We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update."

Just like Holodeck, maintenance can take time :) We try to post patch notes before maintenance when possible and maintenance can take up to several hours, give or take.

Have fun! Don't forget to leave your feedback!!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I posted this in bug section but i thought ppl here would like a laugh at a bug i just found when in U window. ;)

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5427/borgplace.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah its alive and erm wtf is that fountain spray thing on pick your character screen lol. Looks a bit daft.

Honestly, I like it. Granted not sure what it is, but I thought it was pretty. And lets be honest, the space was looking kind of empty.

On the actual patch. One thing I noticed is changing the UI color scheme effects all characters in the account. So if I choose "Romulan" for example, every character now has the romulan color scheme.

Is there any way to make this a per character change or is that impossible?
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I posted this in bug section but i thought ppl here would like a laugh at a bug i just found when in U window. ;)

I don't understand... where's the bug?

Also, I love the Borg shoes. :)
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,798 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Although I don't necessarily like it when you guys look at resetting the entire basis of the game. Some of what I have read there seems quite interesting.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Honestly, I like it. Granted not sure what it is, but I thought it was pretty. And lets be honest, the space was looking kind of empty.

On the actual patch. One thing I noticed is changing the UI color scheme effects all characters in the account. So if I choose "Romulan" for example, every character now has the romulan color scheme.

Is there any way to make this a per character change or is that impossible?

EDIT:
    The way it's currently implemented it's per-computer--it's stored in the same file that graphics settings are in.
    The way it currently works, if you use "Default", each character will see the default for that faction. So KDF see Klingon and Feds see Starfleet, etc. However, if you override it with a set color option, it will override the default for all characters on that computer. Changing this behavior is definitely not trivial.

And thanks to those pointing out the bug with our error message about the shard being locked. We don't see that from here at Cryptic. :)
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Yes but the message is "Shard is locked", not "shard is down" leading to the assumption that it was keep locked.

I believe this is the same message that is on Holodeck if you've patched and have logged in before we're ready for you to get in. If not, it means the same thing as what Holodeck says currently :)

DOH! Ninja'd by Zero.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    One thing i dont think has been said in patch notes yet. Go to ESD and zoom in on the mini map, ull see everyone moving around. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I actually saw that same bug in holodeck, in drozana station, and it was not just UI bug, the guy was inside the mailbox with borg deflector in his TRIBBLE :P
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If i Transfer now a Caracter to Tribe it loses all thinks it had in Bank and Personal Bank and its Shield, Armor, Weapon, Kit and all other
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    One thing i dont think has been said in patch notes yet. Go to ESD and zoom in on the mini map, ull see everyone moving around. :)

It's in there:
    • Updated the map and minimap:
      • Added a "neutral" entity icon to the map.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ussberlin wrote: »
    If i Transfer now a Caracter to Tribe it loses all thinks it had in Bank and Personal Bank and its Shield, Armor, Weapon, Kit and all other

Thanks, forgot to add that one to Known Issues. :)