What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 2, 2013

Comments

• Options
    kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You really should think about how you release patch notes... the server being locked after releasing a patch this exciting is sort of a downer.
    [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
    Joined - 9/2011
    "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    another large update ? it has downloaded 1.4gb and it is still at only 67% , how big is the total download ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    request: target subsystem: warp core
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    it has downloaded 1.4gb and it is still at only 67% , how big is the total download ?
    Third grade math problem? ;p
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    Third grade math problem? ;p

math whats that ? , it has been over 25 years since I was at school and I have forgotten loads lol
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    antrenosantrenos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tehjonel wrote: »
    request: target subsystem: warp core

In all honesty, I think that ability should be a possible side-effect of using any of your other Subsystem targeting abilities :)
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Warp cores :eek::eek:
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ektalion22ektalion22 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The shard is locked
  • Options
    shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone find an eta on the Shard being unlocked?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    There are tens of thousands of possible cores out there to find and use, and tons of new builds to make with them, so good luck and happy hunting!

Seems like Borderlands: Warp Core Edition
  • Options
    squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seems like Borderlands: Warp Core Edition

Hey, I'm just glad if they don't decide to release Warp Core: The Ultimate Omega Edition (The ONE TRUE CORE) so that everyone ends up using exactly the same thing.

It'd be nice if for once there were a bunch of really viable different options.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    has the mouse 4 and 5 buttons been re-enabled yet? did they fix frosted boots animations?

And has the mouse not working under the WinXP OS without adding the:

-enablerawinputsupport 0

command to the Cryptic STO launcher under the 'Advanced options' section been corrected?

(or has PWE come out and stated WinXP is no longer supported? :eek:;))
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Warp Cores

Turn your volume up,
    This is what I just did. :D
  • Options
    magisparkmagispark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will we ever see Fleet versions of the warp core? So far we can buy weapons, shields, engines, deflectors, I was wondering if this would be a natural progression?
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Shard is locked :(

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Unlock the shard already!

You got me all excited and made me wait through a massive patch and now we cant get in... come on already.
    Joined - 9/2011
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Open open open
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    admiralbrenanadmiralbrenan Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can you unlock the shard please :)
  • Options
    flottenkommandoflottenkommando Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @jonathanlonehawk

forget it... its closed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deutsches Flottenkommando
    Flotten Chef
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You guys sure know how to run a server patch... </sarcasm> Seriously... how hard is it to not post the patch notes until the shard is unlocked? Youre asking for feedback and we cant give it to you because no one can play on the shard in question....
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So the shard has been down for a little over 2 hours, which isn't unusual for a patch time, also, they normally release the notes before they bring the shard down.

I wanna get on ASAP just like everyone else, but i wouldn't be surprised if we have a bit more of a wait yet.

Also it's a test server, there's a disclaimer somewhere saying it will go down without announcement. So, just chill, get back on holodeck for now and try again in an hour or so.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "The boarder will no longer change colour during red alert". What? Why?! That was awesome. :(
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    By my count, it seemed that Tribble and Redshirt were both *down* for about 2 hours...

*then* Redshirt came back....

*then* like half an hour later, Tribble was available to be patched...but remained locked...

And has been locked for about 2 hours now.

"...warp cores...pesky little warp cores...where are you? ..."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I logged in specifically to get on tribble... my patience was killed when they released the patch notes, I actually stopped watching a movie halfway through just because of the notes, obviously the server is up and is allowing patches, so whats the issue here?

The fact is, they released an awesome patch, I really wanna play with this one and see whats going on. They have also started feedback threads already, maybe they should have held off on this until the shard was unlocked, then people wouldnt have a problem with not getting in.
    Joined - 9/2011
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    get back on holodeck for now and try again in an hour or so.

and do what play the same old boring missions , when something new is going to be out shortly why would you ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So the shard has been down for a little over 2 hours, which isn't unusual for a patch time, also, they normally release the notes before they bring the shard down.

I wanna get on ASAP just like everyone else, but i wouldn't be surprised if we have a bit more of a wait yet.

Also it's a test server, there's a disclaimer somewhere saying it will go down without announcement. So, just chill, get back on holodeck for now and try again in an hour or so.

No I will not "chill". The patch notes shouldn't be posted until the server is up and ready. Thats just common sense. And feedback threads certainly shouldnt be created until the server is ready to be played on.

Seriously it should be as simple as the server team responsible for deploying the patch/running checks going to Branflakes(or the person in charge) and saying the server is up, and then Branflakes going to zer0nius and telling her to put the patch notes up and then the devs posting their feedback topics...

I don't understand why people defend such backward ways of running things.

Its like saying a cake is done baking when it still has another 15 minutes to go... no one does that.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    "The boarder will no longer change colour during red alert". What? Why?! That was awesome. :(
    [*]The border of the shield status indicator is now brighter.
    [*]This border will no longer change color during red alert.

I assume this means the border of the shield doesn't change, i.e. your full shields don't go to red, which would also indicate that they are low, when they aren't.

I am probably wrong.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    admiralbrenanadmiralbrenan Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this is the longest a tribble patch has ever taken :(
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this is the longest a tribble patch has ever taken :(

Not really, pretty sure there was one longer, didn't even end up being opened and was closed until the next day.