test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Teamspeak 3 and Cryptic Launcher issues

I've noticed recentely that when I have Teamspeak active and then start one of the launchers(STO, or NW) I receive a "Loading: Please wait..." message on a white launcher screen. However, if I start the launcher first, then start Teamspeak 3 there are no problems.

This never used to happen. So I'm not sure if it is a purely Teamspeak issue or a Cryptic Launcher issue. Thought you guys should know. Just in-case you want to add a fix, or something.

Regards,

Tibbetts
Cowl: "Insolent child! I will rip your mind asunder!"
Harry Dresden: "Bring it, Darth Bathrobe!"
:cool:
Post edited by admiraltibbetts on

Comments

• Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Odd, I use TS3 as well and haven't experienced your issue.

I'll do a little more testing and if the issue crops up for me as well, I'll post there.
  • Options
    oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I also use TeamSpeak 3 and STO and haven't noticed the problem.

I know I've had Teamspeak 3 runnning when I start the Launcher, as STO sometimes crashes due to a memory problem with the graphics / textures when beaming down to New Romulus.

Sometimes after the game has crashed I need to kill the process GameClient.exe. This process is the actual STO game and only 1 instance can be running at a time. I can't remember at what point in the start process that it hangs when you still have the previous GameClient.exe still running. Are you sure that this isn't the problem?
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sorry, tried a few times and can't recreate the OPs issue.
  • Options
    fluf2fluf2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I noticed this problem 3 weeks ago after a Windows 7 update. The next day I started TS3 and then the launcher and the launcher crashed 4 times as soon as I hit engage. I did a system restore and it worked fine the rest of the day. Windows did the update again that night when I shut my pc down and I had the same problem the next day.

Guy in TS said turn off your TS Overlay and poof it worked. It appears a new dll. in the windows update is not meshing with the TS overlay. Will probably have to wait for them to update the overlay before it works again.
    Leader of Nova Elite and House of Nova Elite
    Fluf - USS Angelia
    Kazar Chugra -USS Mirak
    Du'Ralle - IKS - K'Rag
    Koval - RRW -D'Dara
  • Options
    oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't use the overlay for TeamSpeak, and I don't have an issue.
  • Options
    ukkorbyukkorby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No issues detected on my end
  • Options
    admiraltibbettsadmiraltibbetts Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fluf2 - I noticed that it happened after Windows updated. TRIBBLE... Guess I'm gonna have to turn it off for a bit until it is updated. Sad, though, as the Overlay comes in handy.

Oh well. Thanks for the help! :D
    Cowl: "Insolent child! I will rip your mind asunder!"
    Harry Dresden: "Bring it, Darth Bathrobe!"
    :cool:
  • Options
    callen151callen151 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Teamspeak 3 crashes for me when i exit the game, and sometimes starting it if i dont start it after opening the launcher.
  • Options
    superborgsuperborg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've noticed recentely that when I have Teamspeak active and then start one of the launchers(STO, or NW) I receive a "Loading: Please wait..." message on a white launcher screen. However, if I start the launcher first, then start Teamspeak 3 there are no problems.
    This happening to me as well, but only if I have the plugin "Teamspeak 3 Overlay Plugin" enabled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Superborg, Borginda,Roboborg, He-Borg, Borgstein
    Borgatrix, Borg Skysni, Borginator, Borgatus, Borgita, Borgstarr, Borgasha