test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: March 2013 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• lordtrepidlordtrepid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will there ever be a proper Carrier Bridge for the Caitian Atrox Carrier? I think that there should be as it was not designed by Starfleet.
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1)Full ship interiors for ships like the Refit Constitution, Excelsior, Galaxy, and Intrepid when will we get them? More bridges and interiors please!
    2)When will you update the Wrath of Khan uniform with all the other rank insignias?
    3)Are you going to make missions in the game that follow up on episodes from the shows like for example will you follow up on A Piece of the Action? That would be so cool.
    4)Are you going to add more weapons from the different eras of Trek like the phasers from the Motion Pictures and TV shows?
    5)How about adding some of the other ships from TNG like the New Orleans Class, Niagra Class and Springfield Class? That would be an interesting addition to the game.
    6)Are you going to do 25th Century versions of other ships you've already added? Like a 25th Century looking version of the Excelsior, Venture version of the Nebula?
    7)Last but not least are going to add any more enemies to this game that are prominant in Trek that we haven't seen in the game?
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    will you guys ever fix the chat box bugs? :)
  • akurie666akurie666 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You guys think to small. Ask big questions! If you could ask god anything you wouldn't ask why dogs chase cats would you?

Will we every get PVP territory control?
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    With more Fleets using custom chat channels for their members in joint faction chat and more and more custom chat channels being used for STF teaming, tuffli invites, red alerts and a lot more... can you increase the amount of chat channel allowed to more than 20?
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What sort of ships will Romulan's get? Any detail's on that 'new enemy' for Rom missions? On a side note if you could get ANY actor from ANY ST series to do a voice over who would it be and why?:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • allegroferoceallegroferoce Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    On Behalf of the Benzites, I would like to ask will they ever reach the rank of Bridge Officer?

They have been able to be Capitans from the start and hold Duty officer posts i do hope that some time soon we might see them as part of an away team as well as another races:)
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can Fleet leaders look forward to more facilities to manage fleet members, contributions and holdings?
    edited March 2013
    Hi

Just wanted to ask if this was still in development, when it might come to pass and how it would work, and cold we do the reverse and convert a Captian to a Bridge Officer?

Then I could get a Benzite Bridge officer that way :)
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1. For the new Romulan Faction, does the page mean we can create a character from any faction, and play it on Romulan Side?

2. If the above is true, can we have our existing characters (like my Level 50 Ferasan) defect to the Romulans? Even if it is a token from Zen Store, I would buy that.

3. For someone on KDF looking for duty officers in the Exchange, it is maddening to navigate at best. We get pages and pages of Feddy officers, but maybe only one KDF officer somewhere on page 12+. Just like we can search for item rarity, I would like a search option so I can choose to search for Feddy or KDF duty officers specifically. Any chance of something like this ever being implemented?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited March 2013
    Hi

I Started a new character on the fed side and found that i wasn't getting the normal defend sector missions and the sector patrol missions anymore, is this a bug? i wonder if this is because winters is away ?

Thanks
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When will we get DX 11 or a new better Grafik Engine maybe the Cryengine.

Will there be a longer Testtime on the Testserver to get all bug fixed before releasing the new Season in may. Maybe 6 weeks.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    akurie666 wrote: »
    Some time in season 8 we can expect pvp additions is the rumor.

pvp update.. lol good one :P

serious mode: any form of pvp update would be nice.. new map? new gun etc
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited March 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    pvp update.. lol good one :P

serious mode: any form of pvp update would be nice.. new map? new gun etc

I would like to see pvp kits that are attached to item sets that you earn with rep.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bug fixes - will anything be done?
    QA - where is it?
    Robust testing of new material prior to 21st May launch - yes/no/maybe?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    1. For the new Romulan Faction, does the page mean we can create a character from any faction, and play it on Romulan Side?

2. If the above is true, can we have our existing characters (like my Level 50 Ferasan) defect to the Romulans?

This +1.
    I want my Ferasan to defect to the Romulans too. Will defection from any faction to any faction be implemented?
    edited March 2013
    loukoc wrote: »

This +1.
    I want my Ferasan to defect to the Romulans too. Will defection from any faction to any faction be implemented?

You guys are misunderstanding what it says. You can't mix factions.
    edited March 2013
    akurie666 wrote: »
    You guys are misunderstanding what it says. You can't mix factions.

I, at least, am not saying mix. I'm saying something like a token, that allows character transfer. Could be C-store, like rename and retrain...
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    loukoc wrote: »

This +1.

i third this; i already have a pseudo-romulan on the fed side with maxed rep, and i'd really prefer to not have to do that nightmare over again

i would gladly pay any reasonable price for a faction transfer token (though i would also pay an unreasonable price too; i'd just be growling over it)
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I think the bridge officer system could do with a lot of attention,

For example the bridge officer vendor could do with alot more races and choices of the same races.

Perhaps the vendors could offer green bridge officers and blue officers purple officers depending on a players rank? A long time ago I?m sure there was mention of a way for players at max level to find new purple Bridge officers to be introduced through a vendor.

Will there be a way to make duty offices to bridge officers? Another way that I could get a Benzite Bridge officer.

Bridge officer traits need attention for example its strange not being able to have Vulcan?s that can't have all their normal qualities, strength logical never pinch mind mild, in one trait, but the Caitians have Feline Instincts where that gives a few bonus under one trait.

Perhaps traits could be increased, or the number of core traits increased across each race?

If Bridge officers do reach the rank of a non playable Captian at some point as skill level cap increases and they are still part of the way team would they then get the kit slot?

I've been away from star trek for awhile and I?ve come back, but to my horror I find that I can't send excess bridge officers to my other characters by mail or the account bank is this intended ? E.g. I have some purple bridge officers that I don't want to use for one character but I would like to use for a new character I?ve just started out on.

Could we have a Bridge officer transfer program where a player can transfer one bridge officer from one captian to another?

Please could bridge officers level up, for example from most of my characters start I have white bridge officers, but as their skills level up none of the traits will never increase to that of their green/ blue/ purple counterparts.

My idea is there should be a bridge officer school officer, that a player can go to, after each bridge officer promotion and pick an increase in one of the bridge officers traits, so for a white bridge officer they can be upgraded to be equal after their first promotion to a green bridge officer, with their second to a be equal to a blue bridge officer and so on, so eventually all bridge officers get to be purple rated bridge officers.

Thanks, I hope to see Some bridge officer improvements next season:cool:
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What's being done about users having connection troubles to STO servers? Lag, disconnects, rubber banding and the like.

I've had to invest in a VPN service just so I can get the game to start! Using proxies doesn't help either.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Will we have access to Romulan TOS, TAS(Both the standard and the captain's cloak thing), TNG (Neutral Zone style), TNG, DS9 (the best ones), and Nemesis style uniforms, also Academy, Veteran, and Fleet uniforms?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Federation has Diplomacy, Klingons have Marauding, what do Romulans get?
    edited March 2013
    allocater wrote: »

Espionage with special bonuses?
  • bghostbghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    allocater wrote: »
    i hope it's espionage?
  • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2013
    Just a simple question :

What is the next kdf ship and what is the estimated time to release ?
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After May's update, is kdf finally gonna be "finished"?
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All projects are very expensive. How about making them alot cheaper and quicker to do.
    The special projects at 200,000 dilithium each time are far too expensive,please make them alot cheaper.
    heres a well known one. The dilithium cap at 8000 a day.
    This is far to small. please either substantially increase it or scrap it.
    How about there being unlimited mining available,and regards the mining claims,being allowed one a day is ridiculous. Please let us use them all if needed.
    The cap and this one a day mining claims are holding up doing projects,please change all this to speed things up.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bghost wrote: »
    i hope it's espionage?

Everybody has Espionage. I vote for 'Treachery'.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    Everybody has Espionage. I vote for 'Treachery'.

I can see the missions already : "Backstab Klingon warrior" and "Spy on federation diplomat" and of course, "Twirl moustache and stroke goatee of evil"
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
This discussion has been closed.