test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: March 2013 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) Will Legacy of Romulas expansion also add another Fleet Holding or any other new/additional forms of Fleet Advancement

2) Are the new 'socketable' warp cores going to be Romulan Only or will existing ships also get them?

3) Will the Tholian reputation content be similar to the Omega content or Romulan content?

4) Will existing characters get a free 'retrait' ability and/or 're-species' option?
  • robertusorobertuso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Any chance of getting kits for space like we have for ground combat?
  • akurie666akurie666 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When will crafting get some attention so that it will be important and profitable again?

Can we create some ground sets that include kits to encourage people to play their roles in a more traditional way? Perhaps this could be added into crafting?

Can we get the war zones 'remastered' into a adventure zone style that will attract more people to them and really get the battle blazing?
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When can we expect to start testing the new update on the Tribble Test Server?
  • captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    what bridges will be available for the warbird? I am personally hoping for lovok's warbird from ds9 as that was the most ambitious and appealing one.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will there be Liberated Borg Romulan Captains and Bridge Officers?

What benefits will be added to the Lifetime Subscription and regular Subscriptions to make them more attractive?
  • mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How many missions have been added to the KDF? Are there new shuttle missions unique to each faction? Will you use some of the new Gorn models from the new Star Trek game?
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Congratulations on an exciting expansion. I'm very excited !

My Questions:

. Will we ever see more character hairstyle choices ? Please

. Can you please stop having players join STFs after the mission has started AND the option has already been lost?
    It doesn't happen often, but it happens to me often enough. At least give players the option of joining a mission that's already in progress, (with the understanding that the option may have been lost).

. Can we please have more variants for the Odyssey class? I appreciate all the effort that went into it's design, but I like to mix things up design wise now and again to keep things fresh.

. I'd like to play a Hirogen. Will they be aligned with the new Romulan faction, or maybe the KDF ? Might their (the Hirogen) ships be available to either faction?

. Will we ever see spiral wave disruptor turrets and canon weapons added to either the c store or fleet store ?

. Science, any love coming for this career? The Vesta was a nice boost for science thank you.

. The Galaxy class. Seems pale in comparison to it's predecessors, (the excelsior and the ambassador). Could you please give it another pass ?

. PVP? Might there be a zone in which all three factions might be engaged in battle ? With all three factions fighting one another?

. With some fleets reaching tier 5 on their starbases, will there be a tier 6, or 7 ? What might be some of the upcoming store items for higher tier starbases ?

. One instance to rule them all ? Still viable ?

. Will more parts of Earth be opened up for exploration? Maybe the moon? How about the rest of our solar system?

. Any chance of ever getting any quadrupeds as a playable faction? Or a winged race that can fly ?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What are Romulan Starbases going to look like?
  • revrunnorris42revrunnorris42 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Vesta is a great ship and a huge success.

Will we get to see a bundle for a Klingon version of the Vesta in the Zen Store?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will the Romulan faction be able to access current account wide and legacy unlocks? So will they get the legacy Red Matter Capacitor or a Liberated Borg officer for Romulan? Can we get the DS9 bundle for Romulan, just as we did for Klingon?
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When will cross faction NON-STF grouping be possible? Unification was mentioned more than once in the past. It's time to end the war and let the major powers of the Alpha/Beta quadrant work together again.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    About my biggest question is will we get Joined Trill for the Romulan faction if we've already unlocked them?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will your team and your server be ready to handle the shear number of people that will be on May 21st or when Legacy of Romulus goes live?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
    edited March 2013
    Now that we have three factions.....

......Territory Control? ;)
  • nickarcher404nickarcher404 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After the Romulan faction is introduced, will STO be gearing up for Fleet Admiral ranks? And with that, will we be seeing the prospect of unification between multiple account characters or even the use of a single character's bridge officers to make up the captains of our fleets?
    edited March 2013
    now That We Have Three Factions.....

......territory Control? ;)

Please!!!!!!!!
  • sevrynzerosevrynzero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Two Questions =D

1. A year or so ago, you said that it was a goal to make STO more like Trek. The "episodes" coming in weekly was a huge push towards this as was naming each major update a "Season". This added to the overall TV Trek feel. With all the great things weve gained over the year, weve sort of lost that.

What are some of the things the team is doing internally to help make STO more like Trek in the future? (the new HUD is a great step!)

2. What happened to the Department Head/First Officer System. I know it was temporarily shelved after Heretic's departure but I figured we would have at least seen the Department Head System by now. It seems such an integral part of crew management and would be another leap to making STO more Trek.
  • athourstathourst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are there any plans on adding the Dual torpedo Launchers to the Defiant, perhaps like a skill where you can fire other torpedo's with that option?
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lib. Borg for Romulans?

Full set of Vet Rewards for Romulans? Including
    • Vet outfits, with silver and gold shoulder versions?
    • Vet ship hull material?
    • Vet ship?
    edited March 2013
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have to ask will we get a 3 pack for maybe updated scimitar class in the c-store...

will the armor slot and the warp core slot in the may update? The captian geko mentioned?

Will ship and class balance concerns be addressed in may expansion? or at the very least acknowledged and looked at for the expansion and done in later patches?

what kind of cloak will be looking at for Romulan ships since it is their specialty?

will fleets get another fleet holding ? and will romulan fleets get thier own unique fleet starbases?

Will there be any new stf's ? or other such content for end game?

Will we see remen designs in the romulan faction. kinda like the scimitar ?
  • mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now that you have the Romulans, what other playable factions will we see?
    Borg?
    Cardassians?
    Dominion?
    Tholians?
    Khazons?
    Undine?
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will Slamek be returning in some form to the game? :D
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mondoid wrote: »
    Borg?
    Cardassians?
    Dominion?
    Tholians?
    Khazons?
    Undine?

For old times.... VOTE UNDINE!!!!!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited March 2013
    Will we get more challenging 'raids' or adventure zones with unique rewards and boss drops?

Will we get multiman raids that exeed 5 players and take more skill?

Will our skill be challenged again and seperate the boys from the men?
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mondoid wrote: »
    Borg?
    Cardassians?
    Dominion?
    Tholians?
    Khazons?
    Undine?

Kazon will not be a faction in themselves.

Cryptic have stated when the "Delta Quadrant races" become playable, Kazon will be assigned to the KDF as a species option.

It is highly unlikely that Borg or 8472 will be playable factions, they are just too powerful!

Imagine 5 tactical cubes going to an STF or a mission.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • sedlo74656sedlo74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When is the mentioned PvP reputation system coming?
    edited March 2013
    sedlo74656 wrote: »
    When is the mentioned PvP reputation system coming?

Some time in season 8 we can expect pvp additions is the rumor.
  • thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will there be new unique music and ambience tracks for the Romulan faction to set it's atmosphere apart from the other two factions, e.g. Like the music on New Romulus.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
This discussion has been closed.