test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Not Loading

I've been receiving the following error message this evening when attempting to load the STO launcher:
Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet Connection. If problem persists, please contact Technical Support.

Nothing seems to be wrong with my internet connection, as I am able to access the game chat with my Trillian account. Is there work being done with the patch server, and if so, is there a way to fix it.

I'm also getting this message:
The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by archanubis on

Comments

• psikalpsikal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm seeing a similar problem.

The launcher update does not seem to be working.

I also tried downloading the latest STO launcher from the following:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

The launcher tried a couple of times then threw the following error:

"The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

Not sure if this is related to the connectivity issues over the weekend, but I saw those issues from Friday- Early Sunday.

Windows 7 OS
    Time Warner, Austin, TX
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have the same problem, 5 times in last 15 minutes. Unable to launch game with current launcher, as well as backup copy.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • ytihayytihay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    #2 this is exactly what I did. I got that exact problem, then did a search on the forums, downloaded the launcher from the very thread you link, tried it and it doesn't change anything.

I get this error: "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

I did connect like 5 hours ago with absolutely no problem, now I'm blocked out...
  • blastedbinaryblastedbinary Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Getting the same thing, game crashed and kicked me to desktop and the launcher wont even update or start. Just seems like Cryptic is beyond incompetent in keeping their game going I can only hope they are firing these worthless techs who can't even keep the service running. I am most definitely not going to be supporting them with a subscription from here on out cause quite frankly they wouldn't know what to do with the money I give them besides flush it down the toilet. It sure as hell isn't going to improving the stability of the game, a game that has been running this long should be getting better not getting worse lol pretty sad.
  • jkirk13jkirk13 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have tried about 6 times to get on but the Autoupdater can't connect and then crashes. I wanted to ask here before I have to reinstall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited March 2013
    Same problem here. They must not have updated the new launcher at that link yet. Hopefully they will soon...

[Edit] They just updated the new launcher. Thanks.
  • nrgxlr8rnrgxlr8r Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Getting the same issue (launcher not connecting) after a disconnect.
  • lowqfahlowqfah Member Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    I just got kicked wh9ile map moving and now I can't get back in even loading in Safe Mode. not sure what is going on , but it sucks.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    The launcher was updated today. If you are having an issue, please see this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.