What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO_ACT plugin (track your DPS)

2»

Comments

• ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    It would be nice to get the Death count fixed.

don't die. fix'd

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • stulpnagelstulpnagel Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alhucemas wrote: »
    I have developed an Advanced Combat Tracker plugin and I want to share it if anyone is interested. Also let me know if you find any issues so I can fix it

How does it work

This plugin interprets the data in the "Combatlog.log" file (a file located in your computer), and translates it to the Advanced Combat Tracker tool that will display the processed data as graphs and tables. It will show things like DPS, types of damage, etc.

Main features:

New environment:
    +It shows both actual damage and damage before buffs/debuffs/shield apply (in a new column named "BaseDamage").
    +When the source of damage is other than the ship it shows in the "Source" column.
    +Some other minor changes.

New options (Go to the "Options tab>STO_ACT Parsing>General" and move the mouse over the options for details):
    +Grouping attacks by preference.
    +Displaying only players or not.
    +etc.

Processes all the attacks in the log file.

Relatively low on resources consumption (have analyzed very large log files of over 50MB in less than a minute).

Download:

STO_ACT v1.0.0.2.

Advanced combat tracker.

Installation:

Install Advanced Combat Tracker
    1. Install Advanced Combat Tracker (execute "ACTv3-Setup.exe">click Next>Install>Close)
    2. Open Advanced Combat Tracker.
    3. If you get a Startup Wizard window close it.

Enable the plugin
    1. Go to the "Plugins" tab>button "Browse".
    2. Browse for the file "STO_ACT.cs" you downloaded previously and select it.
    3. Click "Add/Enable Plugin button".

To start a log you simply have to type "/Combatlog 1" in the game chat window (That will create the .log file)
    To end the log write "/Combatlog 0".

Import the log file
    1. Open the "Import/Export" tab>"Import Encounters">"Import a Log File">"Select File" button
    2. Browse for your Combatlog.log file. For windows 7/Vista users it will be located in: "C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient"
    3. Check your "Main" tab to see the results alfter the import process ends.

Track your current combat DPS (in real time)
    1. Go to "Options" tab.
    2. Click "open log" button.
    3. Browse for your Combatlog.log file. For windows 7/Vista users it will be located in: "C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient"
    4. From now on if you have Advanced Combat Tracker opened it will load and process automatically the combat as long as you write "/Combatlog 1" in the game chat window to start a log and "/Combatlog 0" when you are done.

Uninstall:

This (like other ACT plugins) creates its own environment (new columns, removes others, different groups, etc.) and you need to uninstall Advanced Combat Tracker in order to install another plugin.

If you just want to try it, I recommend you open 2 Advanced Combat Tracker windows, install this plugin on one of them, run it (dont install anything on the other), and when you are done close this plugin's window first, and then close the untouched window the last (it will save its settings when you close it, so it will be like if you didnt install anything at all).

Columns:

You can add/remove/move columns by going to "Options" tab>"Main Table/Encounters". There you will find the 5 views and their columns.

Damage, BaseDamage, DamageTaken and BaseDamageTaken Columns
    Amount of damage. Base damage is the damage before applying shields, buffs, debuffs and resistances on the target.

Healed Column
    Amount of healing done.

DPS, EncDPS and EncHPS Columns
    Damage/Healing per second.
    DPS is based on the row (combatant or attack) duration.
    EncDPS and EncHPS are based in the encounter duration.

Attacker, Source and Victim Columns
    These three columns constitute the path followed by the attack.
    Attacker is the combatant dealing the damage.
    Sources are pets, abilities, devices or/and enemies outside the attacking ship used to deal the damage.
    Victim is the enemy target of the attack.

Kills Column
    Number of killing shots done by a combatant.

Deaths Column
    Number of times that a combatant has died.

STO_ACT specific options:

Swap damage for base damage columns
    It will swap the values in Damage and DamageTaken for those in BaseDamage and BaseDamageTaken.
    This option will change how are your "DPS" and "EncDPS" columns calculated, as these columns are always calculated on the "Damage" column.

Remove Base Damage columns
    If you are only interested in damage and you dont care about base damage use this option.
    If you are only interested in base damage and you dont care about damage use this option in conjunction with the "Swap damage for base damage columns" option.

Show only players
    It will show all non-Player ships/pets actions in the "NPCs" combatant view. You will still be able to keep track of the NPC attacker and pets involved in the attack in the "Source" column.

Group into "Pet/Ability Attack (out)"
    The group "Attack (out)" will allways display the attacking ship weapons regular attacks. But you can select in which group will be displayed the rest of the attacks.

Rename "<type of damage>" to [<petname>] <type of damage>"
    This will allow you to split types of damage into different sources.
    If you uncheck it, you can still keep track of the sources of damage in the "Source" column.

Other plugins you might want to try

Aria

Hilbert

Enjoy.

DISCLAIMER: THIS SOURCE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOURCE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOURCE.

Edited to show help on columns/options and last update link.

is this broken???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Found another bug.

It would appear Singularity from Romulan ship powers and Gravity Well are attributing Shatter effects from shards, during Crystalline Entity encounter, to the players outgoing damage, this scews the DPS numbers by a significant amount. It gets attributed under Pet/Ability Attack (Out).
  • m3ntali5t1m3ntali5t1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    my main question is..

during a run im watching this thing run the numbers, and i do a nice string of attacks and my DPS jumps to 10k+ yet when everything is done it says my dps is 5k, and shrinks the encounter i peaked at into oblivion i assume like it never happened, is there a way i can have ALL information stay up, so i can see my avg, as well as my peaks?! it seems like this only gives avg in the final reports and not what your capable of doing of things are done right...

while im in a match i see like 4 or 5 encounter tabs, but then it shrinks them all down to 2, i want ALL the tabs!
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drill down into the damage out ->all and it will show detailed activity
    edited July 2013
    m3ntali5t1 wrote: »
    my main question is..

during a run im watching this thing run the numbers, and i do a nice string of attacks and my DPS jumps to 10k+ yet when everything is done it says my dps is 5k, and shrinks the encounter i peaked at into oblivion i assume like it never happened, is there a way i can have ALL information stay up, so i can see my avg, as well as my peaks?! it seems like this only gives avg in the final reports and not what your capable of doing of things are done right...

while im in a match i see like 4 or 5 encounter tabs, but then it shrinks them all down to 2, i want ALL the tabs!

You can adjust the timer cutoff for a new encounter entry, it's in the options somewhere. This should keep it from making new encounters before you've finished the current mission/instance/map.

As far as "what you're capable of doing", your highest DPS is not relevant since it's generally happens at the beginning of en encounter due to burst/spike, what is relevant is what can be maintained over the entire duration of en encounter/mission.
  • captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I seem to be having issues, my "All" damage shows up fine, and tells me what dps various sources did, but my encounters come up with no dps, or one person's dps or just mob dps.

Any ideas how to fix this?? What am I doing wrong.

Should I leave logging on through multiple STFs or what ? or cut it off when I am done or what ?
    edited July 2013
    Leave logging running throughout an entire STF mission and End Encounter manually upon boss death.

Remove tick from "Populate an All encounter", you can find this option under Miscellaneous.

I would also extend the duration of the number of seconds to wait before making a new encounter (30s), you can find this option under Main Tables/Encounters General. This prevents having to merge encounters afterwards due to brief lulls in combat such as waiting for Donatra/carrier ect to spawn.

Also do not cull encounters, found under Encounter Culling. This is likely why you aren't seeing proper results.

Keep in mind the difference between DPS and EncDPS when parsing, this has a significant impact on reading the results properly.
    DPS or Damage Per Second, is simply Damage divided by the combatant's duration.
    EncDPS or Encounter Damage Per Second is calculated as Damage divided by the encounter's duration. If someone's begining and ending actions are just as long as any other in the encounter, then the numbers will be the same. If a combatant starts late, or ends early in terms of the entire encounter, their DPS will be higher than their EncDPS because their personal duration is shorter. Most agree that EncDPS is a more relevant statistic.
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So... is this project still alive? It's almost in the "dead thread" territory. I found the plugin to be a lot more sophisticated in breaking down who was doing what than just about any other, so I'd like to use this one, but it looks like the author's all but vanished from the lack of responses.

So... what's the deal, if anyone knows? :confused:
  • aspi009aspi009 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Enable the plugin
    1. Go to the "Plugins" tab>button "Browse".
    2. Browse for the file "STO_ACT.cs" you downloaded previously and select it.
    3. Click "Add/Enable Plugin button".

No where in your outline/directions does it say to download STO_ACT.cs nor what to do with it, where to put it, etc.... Where do I get this from?
    Task Force Spectre Website
  • jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aspi009 wrote: »
    No where in your outline/directions does it say to download STO_ACT.cs nor what to do with it, where to put it, etc.... Where do I get this from?

It's at the second link in the OP.

And I agree, I really really hope this tool isn't dead, it's too good.
  • kingstonalankingstonalan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    is there a way to manually redirect some damages?

example, under the elite drones it's putting Plasma Energy Bolts, Elachi torp, and Nimbus distress call damages.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2013
    Any chance of making this into a web app. No offense but I don't install random apps from online ... As paranoid as the Tal'shiar on that one.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    Any chance of making this into a web app. No offense but I don't install random apps from online ... As paranoid as the Tal'shiar on that one.

This.

I'd be interested in the results, but not in installing programs.
  • jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You'd have to talk to these people: http://advancedcombattracker.com/

But really, while I can understand your concern, I always figure if I see enough people I think I can trust recommending something it's probably safe. And practically everyone on these forums uses ACT, including me.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2013
    Having some random people on a forum install a software doesn't make me feel any safer. Plenty of cases where machines are infected but no one is aware.

That said, I take your point. I thought OP was involved with the project and could look into it. TOR had some excellent web based parser ... though I hear the last of them died recently due to a lack of funding.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    After download, right click and scan with your choice of virus scanner. If it passes that then there is a good chance it is okay ! Dang it if yur set up right your puter wouldn't let you download as infected without verification.

Anyway I can assure you the main site one is safe I have scanned it, just make sure you download it from their download page and nowhere else !
  • zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This thing is so flawed as to be worthless. I ran it a a few times, and the results where so laughably wrong, though flattering (which i guess is why people use it), that I un-installed it pretty damn quick.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok I have been using this for a few days and now have questions. I live to PvP and my fleet is starting to track stats for our players. I want to know is it possible to export this data to Excel. I see ACT is in a spread sheet format. I want to make it easy for our players to see information on our website, without having to download ACT.
    320x240.jpg
  • dlsilencedlsilence Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Having some random people on a forum install a software doesn't make me feel any safer. Plenty of cases where machines are infected but no one is aware.

That said, I take your point. I thought OP was involved with the project and could look into it. TOR had some excellent web based parser ... though I hear the last of them died recently due to a lack of funding.

ACT has been the go to parser since EQ2. It has nearly a decade of followers, you can go to their site and do the research yourself. They've covered EQ2, Rift, Age of Conan, A ion, STO, SWTOR, and TSW. Nothing about ACT is malicious, and very little on the internet is trying to give you a virus these days. It's 2013 not 1998.
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Ok I have been using this for a few days and now have questions. I live to PvP and my fleet is starting to track stats for our players. I want to know is it possible to export this data to Excel. I see ACT is in a spread sheet format. I want to make it easy for our players to see information on our website, without having to download ACT.
    ACT doesn't export to Excel.
    You can export to HTML file allowing you drilldown through the pages, but I'm not a fan of that.
  • kvf1kvf1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cant find combat log.

using arc and there's no combat log file in live/logs/gameclient
    edited December 2013
    kvf1 wrote: »
    cant find combat log.

using arc and there's no combat log file in live/logs/gameclient
    At the risk of stating something you already know, you need to turn on the combat log in the chat window using the command /combatlog 1
    While it may be possible that the Arc "version" can't produce the log file, I really, really doubt that is the case. It may be that the log is written to a different location. That folder should contain a Pcl.log at the very least.
  • usskinotousskinoto Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi,

I install and works fine, however I not manage to copy and paste the data of players only in the Team chat.

someone can help me if you know how to?

Thanks in advance!:)
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    usskinoto wrote: »
    Hi,

I install and works fine, however I not manage to copy and paste the data of players only in the Team chat.

None that i know, i generally just type it out in PM's if people want to know, but i also feel that not everyone needs to know everyone else's.

On a side note i have a Question of my own. Is the STO plugin accounting for my pets damage? Is it just adding it into my damage or is it accounting for it sepreately and if so how can i change that?

My mYellowstones and other Scorpions show in the chart but only register the damage taken, not the output damage or DPS.

Please and Thank You
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    usskinoto wrote: »
    Hi,

You don't use the chat window, you use a switch to write the info out to a text file and it's in a different format to the chat window anyway.

In chat (any channel), you type (without the double quotes) "/combatlog 1"
    And this causes STO to write all combat events "near you" to the file. And "/combatlog 0" to turn it off again.

The file is called combatlog.log and is found in your star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient folder.
    The exact location depends on how you installed the game (Steam, Arc, etc)
  • ibreakbonesibreakbones Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do not see any plugins for STO only EQ FF and a few other games.
  • larphoidlarphoid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Great stuff, thanks.

When going through the variety of damage types with their corresponding damage and dps, i found myself regularly calculating damage through-put percentage (damage/basedamage*100). So i added a column which does this for me. Let me know if there's any interest in this, and i'll post a link to it here, or I can send it to alhucemas so he can add it (because im not sure if I did it in the most efficient way).

Cheers.
  • slythornslythorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient
  • skywhaleexpressskywhaleexpress Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nevermind. Sorry for necro. I figured my issue out.