test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Exchange transaction bug

marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have 3 transactions that are not giving me Zen in exchange for the Dilithium I was selling at the time. It wont let me cancel the transactions and when I try it says Failed to cancel Dilithium Exchange offer. Internal error.

One transaction is selling Dilithium at a price of 91 in exchange for 1 Zen
One transaction is selling Dilithium at a price of 91 in exchange for 10 Zen
One transaction is selling Dilithium at a price of 90 in exchange for 5 Zen
Post edited by marshalericdavid on

Comments

• chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    maybe nobody wants to sell zen at those prices
    @Powerblast in game
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    maybe nobody wants to sell zen at those prices

Maybe instead of a smartass comment you could either help or not say anything at all. That has nothing to do with it.

I just had this exact thing happen to me. Over 380,000 zen available for the price I tried to buy, but the offer didn't go through all the way. When I try to cancel the offer I receive some sort of "internal error". So now I have some dilithium locked up that I cant get back, or Zen I bought that didn't go through so I can't claim it, because of this bug. Thankfully I was trying buy just 5 Zen so it's not a lot of dil.

Screenshot as proof that price has nothing to do with it, and the error message in the system chat.

Over 400,000 Zen available at 92 dilithium each and you can clearly see I was trying to buy it at 92 dilithium each. You can also see the error I receive in the chat window.
    screenshot2013031520254.jpg

Edit: It was at over 380k Zen for 92 dil each and I exited the game for a few minutes to see if that fixed it. It didn't of course but after logging in, and you can see in the screen shot, that just in a few minutes the amount of Zen available for 92 dil each jumped up to 405k. I think what is happening possibly is that there is so much zen/dil trading going on that the system is flaking out a bit for some of us. I suspect that after a while I might be able to get the Zen I was trying to buy, or if by that time the price had changed, be able to cancel the offer and get my dilithium back, hopefully. :P
  • justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have the same issue hope your right about it fixing it self. I have heard that it only goes away when they patch the server on Thursdays :(
  • startrekker22startrekker22 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Im having the same problem. But one I put up later sold fine. (at the same price)
    " I believe that I speak for us all sir when I say: To hell with our orders." - Lt. Cmdr. Data
  • herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have 3 transactions that are stuck like that right now :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cloudwashercloudwasher Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I put up an offer to buy zen at the going rate. It took my dilithium and never gave me the zen. I decided to cancel the offer so I could get my dilithium back. Thats when I got this lovely little message.

There's are bugs that you can afford to ignore and there are bugs you can not afford to ignore. When zen is involved, this is something that needs to be taken care of. I need a GM to check out my ticket ASAP so I can get my dil back and someone needs to get this bug fixed very soon.
  • dr9999dr9999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same thing is happening to me. I currently have 2 offers stuck totaling 102 zen. Had this happen the night before the last maintenance, maintenance cleared the stuck offer. Not sure if I had received the zen from that. I made sure to write down everything this time.

Aside from the 2 stuck offers, i am able to trade zen/dilithium normally.
    edited March 2013
    I'm having same issue is there anymore on this kinda hard to buy doff packs if we cant get zen.
  • romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You'll have to wait until the next patch because they don't care and the game being updated apparently fixes the problem. For the record the exchange has taken place already, so when it is fixed you'll get whatever you bought.

They won't care until the masses get hit with the issue at the same time. Thus far it seems to be rare, rare enough to have little mention of it on these forums. They're not going to put down what they're doing to fix it unless suddenly like 50,000 people are affected by it and spam posting on the forums, raging about the injustice of it all.

For the record no one is displeased more than I over certain inexcusable "bull****" issues as I call them in this game, but I'm just being realistic here. They won't care until it starts to affect their bottom line.
  • angeldeth95angeldeth95 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am having the same problem with the Exchange and it happened at about 9:30AM EST this morning. If its rare it seems like its happening a lot today.
  • angeldeth95angeldeth95 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have one transaction that is stuck like that as well, happened this morning.
    edited March 2013
    What are the chances a Dev will even acknowledge this lord only knows how long my in game bug ticket will take to get it fixed.
  • blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have the same problem. The Zen was 92 i put bid for 10zen for the total amount and it showed 10zen for only 92. When i tried to cancel it cam up with error. i tried more times . thhe i tried one Zen for 92 it stuck instead of going thru. now it took 2200 dilithium from me........:mad:
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So I'm not the only one having issues with dil exchange...

I bought some zen through it, and now I can't withdraw the zen. Even more interesting, the zen store (at the bottom) agrees that I have over 10K zen but if I try to buy anything it says I don't have enough.

Good times, good times.

And I wouldn't expect anything to happen with this until Monday.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    romuzarii wrote: »
    You'll have to wait until the next patch because they don't care and the game being updated apparently fixes the problem. For the record the exchange has taken place already, so when it is fixed you'll get whatever you bought.

They won't care until the masses get hit with the issue at the same time. Thus far it seems to be rare, rare enough to have little mention of it on these forums. They're not going to put down what they're doing to fix it unless suddenly like 50,000 people are affected by it and spam posting on the forums, raging about the injustice of it all.

For the record no one is displeased more than I over certain inexcusable "bull****" issues as I call them in this game, but I'm just being realistic here. They won't care until it starts to affect their bottom line.

Couldn't be further from the truth. The team is investigating the individual reports raised in this thread as I type.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited March 2013
    Couldn't be further from the truth. The team is investigating the individual reports raised in this thread as I type.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks ! hope we wont have to wait till patch day. Welcome back but it seems your vacation is done a bit early.
  • chaytelsolverrechaytelsolverre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well, please add me to that list then too, cause I've got hundreds of thousands of dil sitting in an error transaction. I just figured I'd have to wait til patch day.
    edited March 2013
    2 days later and it didn't fix itself. Still got 5 Zen I tried to purchase in the outstanding transactions box. :( Although I have been able to buy more Zen with no problems.
    edited March 2013
    I put up an offer to buy zen at the going rate. It took my dilithium and never gave me the zen. I decided to cancel the offer so I could get my dilithium back. Thats when I got this lovely little message.

There's are bugs that you can afford to ignore and there are bugs you can not afford to ignore. When zen is involved, this is something that needs to be taken care of. I need a GM to check out my ticket ASAP so I can get my dil back and someone needs to get this bug fixed very soon.

Maybe instead of starting a new thread you could look to see if there is already one started.

There is a thread that was started a few days before yours on this matter. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=583301
  • munedarmunedar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Add me to the list as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valentine43valentine43 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Add me to the list, please.
  • bulabajonesbulabajones Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. I opened a dilithium exchange order for 23 zen at current dilithium prices. When I noticed after about 10 seconds that the sale didn't occur, I tried to cancel the order. It's only roughly 2200 dilithium, but it's still in limbo after about 3-4 days and my GM ticket is still open. Here's to hoping it gets resolved.
    Patching 11 files, 0 KB/s
    SERVER NOT RESPONDING (362.32s)
    Patching 87 files, 160.08 KB/s

victorginsocv2_zpsjqzbzllh.png

• neridiumneridium Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Please add me to the list to. I put 2500 zen on the exchange to sell, it sold 1 zen then stopped and i'm unable to cancel etc same problem as everyone else.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I thought I had a similar problem until I saw it had not been withdrawn from the exchange lol. Sometimes tho it looks like the problem being discussed you just have to give the system time to download all the zen(which is normally like 3 seconds).
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same here, submitted a ticket, not sure if it actually went through.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
    edited March 2013
    Seems to have been fixed with the emergency maintenance yesterday. Afterwards I logged in and the Zen I tried to buy that was stuck as outstanding for a couple days was waiting to be withdrawn so I didn't lose anything. :)
  • killelr123killelr123 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same thing is happening to me. I've got 2700 ZEN stuck on the exchage.

Fix the bug or come up the a quick way to clear it and give people their ZEN. This is a about as serious a bug as a game like this can have. I.e. one that renders what they sell, ZEN, worthless, at least for buying dilithium.
  • jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm also having this bug... I put in 4400 Dilithium at the 98 per zen price(now gone from the exchange) and would have been like 45 zen which would get me what I was going for... but it's now locked on the exchange and can't be cancelled as the OP said.
  • jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As an afternote: I highly recommend Cryptic compensates people that have this bug for their great inconvenience.... I know they won't... but it would be nice.
  • rainmotorsportsrainmotorsports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah I have the issue as well tried to spend around 8000 in dilithium on zen when it was 98 a piece. Got stuck. I had one offer go through after that no problem. But I now have 5 stuck offers 2 of them at higher than the lowest price trying to buy zen i know is available.

Now dilithium to zen is useless for me. Kinda sad since I'm not freeloading very much. I put a ridiculous sum of real money into this game for the first month I have been playing.