test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FLEET Miranda? Yeah i Said it

12346»

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is no canon in STO. It's a fan-boy game, where fans get to play the game wearing the uniforms they like, using the equipment they like, and using the ships they like. It's designed to keep players happy: many of which only like certain segments of Trek canon.

People need to stop worry about what ships are canon and just accept that Cryptic is letting people play the ships they like at end-game - where 99% of your game play will be.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Something I thought up a bit ago.

[Fleet Light Cruiser Refit]

Turn Rate: 11
    Impulse Modifier: .20
    Inertia Rating: 50

Base Hull: 26000
    Shield Modifier: .9
    Crew: 200
    Devices: 3

Weapons: 3 Fore / 3 Aft; Can Equip Dual Cannons

Consoles: 3 Tac, 3 Sci, 3 Eng

[Bridge Officer Layout]

Commander Universal
    Lieutenant Commander Universal
    Lieutenant Universal

Special Ability: Sensor Analysis (Alternatively, but not preferably, 1 Hangar bay which is limited to small shuttles and fighters, no Frigates or Heavy Shuttles).

In a nutshell, a Federation-style Bird of Prey.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That ship is nothing like a Bird of Prey. 11 turn rate. Only 3 weapons fore. A Hangar Bay. Sensor Analysis. You've created a mini Vesta, not a BoP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    That ship is nothing like a Bird of Prey. 11 turn rate. Only 3 weapons fore. A Hangar Bay. Sensor Analysis. You've created a mini Vesta, not a BoP.

Exactly, which makes it a ton more Federation-like that porting over a BoP sands battle cloak.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Something I thought up a bit ago.

[Fleet Light Cruiser Refit]

Turn Rate: 11
    Impulse Modifier: .20
    Inertia Rating: 50

Base Hull: 26000
    Shield Modifier: .9
    Crew: 200
    Devices: 3

Weapons: 3 Fore / 3 Aft; Can Equip Dual Cannons

Consoles: 3 Tac, 3 Sci, 3 Eng

[Bridge Officer Layout]

Commander Universal
    Lieutenant Universal

Special Ability: Sensor Analysis (Alternatively, but not preferably, 1 Hangar bay which is limited to small shuttles and fighters, no Frigates or Heavy Shuttles).

I posted this exact same thing in post #157.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • spork87spork87 Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    boff layout is overpowered, its a light cruiser so

CMDR Eng
    LTCMDR Tac
    LT Sci
    LT Uni
    Ensign Uni

because its a cruiser it should reflect that in its stats

35000 base hull
    .9 shield mod
    11 turn rate
    can equip dual cannons

It's very obvious watching anything Star Trek that this thing was meant to have teeth back in its day, its tactically focused, at least the version they have in this game with the roll bar. So its a small turnable little cruiser.

Consoles should be

4eng
    3tac
    3sci
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    I posted this exact same thing in post #157.

So you did! Maybe I'm less crazy than I thought. :D
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So you did! Maybe I'm less crazy than I thought. :D

Or you're just as crazy as I am!!!!
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • avengerkid1993avengerkid1993 Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well, they made an OP T5 Jem Hadar Attack Ship (that shuold be a T1/T2 Ship), why not a T5 Miranda :D
  • bignick3bignick3 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I mean, I love the Miranda as much as the next guy....I even keep one around to play with occasionally that's about as tricked out as it's going to get. That being said, I don't know about a fleet Miranda, seems kinda pointless to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "To secure peace is to prepare for war."
  • sevmragesevmrage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Congrats on your first post here, but damn, this is one hell of a gravedig.
    Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
    khayuung wrote: »
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wildweasal wrote: »
    perhaps a sov with the catamaran form of the Miranda?

You mean similar to what the nebula is to the galaxy? I could go for a sovereign or an oddessy version of the nebula. The sovereign version would be more tactical focused I would assume.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ships of the style of the Miranda have long been a crucial part of Starfleet. The Miranda itself has served for so long and even through the cataclysmic Dominion War. It has served since Kirk's time and through the TNG/DS9/Dominion War era. And in STO, it still serves Starfleet and is found frequently through the game.

The Miranda deserves to be an endgame ship. Star Trek canon supports it. STO's own liberal sprinkling of the Miranda-class supports it.

The Excelsior-class, almost as old as the Miranda-class, still serves Starfleet and has just as much of history. And it is represented at endgame with the Fleet Excelsior.

The Klingons actually have a number of old school vessels playable for endgame. The D7/K'T'Inga is older than the Miranda-class and has served even through the Dominion War. And it is playable at endgame. The B'Rel is quite old also, though "younger" than the D7. It has been shown many, many times in Star Trek, serving through the TOS movies, through TNG, DS9, and was very prolific through the Dominion War. It too is available for endgame.

The Miranda, outside of long viewings of the Constitution, Galaxy, and Sovereign-classes, is the most commonly shown Starfleet vessel throughout Star Trek.

If anything, the Miranda-class really needs to be represented as a playable ship at endgame, more so than the iconic Constitution-class. Because the Miranda has actually been shown serving heavily throughout practically all of Star Trek since being first shown in "The Wrath of Khan."
    XzRTofz.gif
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i would say yes to one it was seen and used as cannon fodder in the Dominion War but still no to a connie

will people stop raising the dead!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bignick3 wrote: »
    seems kinda pointless to me.

Yep, as is necroing threads.

EDIT: I'm being a massive idiot tonight. First missing a dev blog, and now this. How did I miss 15-ish pages?!!?

AH, phew. Not that bad, just 5 posts. Does mean I've necro'ed though. Sorry.:o
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    I said before and I say it again. Moderators get off your can and close old threads. Instead of giving citations for people necroing a thread.

Say it again!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Being a moderator is a pretty thankless task for what I assume are volunteers. Damned if you enforce the rules, damned if you don't.