test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Additional Caitian and Ferasan skin patterns.

Comments

• Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    And why are they "supposed" to look more like a fandrawing from the internet than their actual appearance in the movies?:confused:

Here is the 'canon' look of M'ress.

MRess_zpsf504e839.png

The 'fan drawing' does a great job of capturing this look while at the same time including the style STO's Caitians are shown in the game - a more lion-type look than cat.

Honestly, if I had my druthers, I would have liked to have seen the artist who worked on the Caitains stay closer to the original cat-like appearance as shown above. As Lincolninspace has said previously in this thread, right now they look too much like lion heads attached to human bodies. But that is neither here nor there at this point - they are what we have. :P

Now if we could just get some hair styles for them....oh, and patterns too. :D
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would have liked to have seen the Kzinti in their CGI form if Enterprise had went on to the 5th season.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I would have liked to have seen the Kzinti in their CGI form if Enterprise had went on to the 5th season.

are there any concept shots of those CGI models?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    are there any concept shots of those CGI models?

Only picture I've seen is this. Model for them before S5 was canceled.
    Jimmy_Diggs_and_Kzinti_Warrior.jpg
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    tosfantosfan Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not exactly a cat pattern, but cool anyway.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0mma1lTcg9gUd5x_yZfO3XPHcDmqktiJs8KRZezZIi2f9aTMI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    HIPPIES. HIPPIES EVERYWHERE.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That feresan model looks nothing like star trek online, I think that would be better for the Caitian/Feresan battle for superiority.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    tosfan wrote: »
    That feresan model looks nothing like star trek online, I think that would be better for the Caitian/Feresan battle for superiority.

That's because it isn't Ferasan. It's Kzinti. Ferasans basically became the substitue for Kzinti since CBS wouldn't allow them in-game due to legal issues.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Only picture I've seen is this. Model for them before S5 was canceled.

i will never understand the fascination with making a creature with a stick-thin waist and grossly oversized and humped shoulders...

that happens all the time with werewolves too, and it looks just stupid

it looks nothing like a ferasan model because it isn't; it's a kzinti

EDIT: damnit, the leopard beat me to it!
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That's because it isn't Ferasan. It's Kzinti. Ferasans basically became the substitue for Kzinti since CBS wouldn't allow them in-game due to legal issues.

Oh, I thought they were the same thing.

But there is still a feud between the two, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    How do you say that, Kzinti? Ku-zin-ti? or like Xinti?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    i will never understand the fascination with making a creature with a stick-thin waist and grossly oversized and humped shoulders...

that happens all the time with werewolves too, and it looks just stupid

EDIT: damnit, the leopard beat me to it!

Darn it Shadow I'm a Cheetah not a Leopard!
    And it's pretty much Ku-zin-ti for pronunciation.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    How do you say that, Kzinti? Ku-zin-ti? or like Xinti?

i think the K is silent, so it would be zin-tee

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2013

meh, i can never tell the difference between the two; i'm a canine person

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2013
    i think the K is silent, so it would be zin-tee
    And it's pretty much Ku-zin-ti for pronunciation.

UGH! And when I was little, I thought saying Psalms was hard.

Loved your Darn it Jim line by the way! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013

I think it is horrible for the hero of a storyline, but great for the antagonist, which I think is what they are, the villains.

By the way, I just got my Caitian today!!!! :D They jump like Kangaroos!!! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I think it is horrible for the hero of a storyline, but great for the antagonist, which I think is what they are, the villains.

it's horrible any way you look at it, because not only does it make a creature with that kind of defect look utterly ridiculous, but physics just doesn't support a body structure like that; tiny waist + overlarge and bulky upper torso and shoulders = top-heavy being that has a hell of a time balancing, not to mention its spine would snap like a twig

By the way, I just got my Caitian today!!!! :D They jump like Kangaroos!!! XD

and that's why they're so useful in IGE/N; it makes the mario-hopping BS at the end a little more tolerable

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2013
    it's horrible any way you look at it, because not only does it make a creature with that kind of defect look utterly ridiculous, but physics just doesn't support a body structure like that; tiny waist + overlarge and bulky upper torso and shoulders = top-heavy being that has a hell of a time balancing, not to mention its spine would snap like a twig

First of all, yes the spinal cord could snap, unless they have a more durable bone structure than humans but that is taking a giant assumption there. Secondly, He isn't exactly top heavy because he has large digitigrade legs that are close to the ground, and they are spread apart quite a bit. Still, it probably would be more a stretch of fiction than of science.
    and that's why they're so useful in IGE/N; it makes the mario-hopping BS at the end a little more tolerable

What's IGE/N?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    What's IGE/N?

Infected Ground Elite/Normal

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2013
    The K is spoken in Kzinti.
    Exotic Shorthair pattern.
    exotic-shorthair-splash.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Infected Ground Elite/Normal

Oh, haven't played that one yet, I always miss it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh, haven't played that one yet, I always miss it.

you aren't missing much...that mission is one of the biggest PITAs in the game, especially if you're trying for the optional

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2013
    you aren't missing much...that mission is one of the biggest PITAs in the game, especially if you're trying for the optional

Do you get rewards for that mission, or are they so small it's not even worth it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Do you get rewards for that mission, or are they so small it's not even worth it?

you get the exact same rewards as any other STF; 480/960 dilithium, 20/60 omega marks, with an extra 20% for getting the optional, 1 borg neural processor (only for elites), 1 random piece of blue or better quality loot, and a chance at extra BNPs, marks, or gear

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Maine Coon pattern.
    I like this one quite a bit.
    MCC.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    One of the Devon Rex fur patterns.
    devonrexcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    American Curl pattern. They also have ears that curl somewhat backward. This could be a new ear type option.
    800px-American_curl_2.jpg
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like to add the Ocicat:

ocicat-header-big.jpg

And Ocilot:

Ocelot3.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Already got ya covered on the Ocelot being suggested hehe.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why not something like this?

sphynx+cat+wallpapers+2.jpg

There is your Liberated Caitian Borg! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I would like to add the Ocicat:

ocicat-header-big.jpg

And Ocilot:

Ocelot3.jpg

Love the Ocicat, Cryptic better get off of their lazy buts and do something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]